News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

wdwfan22

Original Poster
Nothing new....the hospital is full of sick people...this has always happened. We now just have 24 hour news and social media with phones everywhere.
I use to think that but I'm in the parks every week and never up until the last couple of years would encounter this. I've now witnessed several fights, especially this year.

Piebald

Please, I was a coordinator in World Showcase for 2.5 years. The stories I have about violent and angry guests will (not) shock you. The stuff that happens at the MK is child's play compared to the stuff I saw.
When I worked at Disney I saw pretty gnarly stuff but no real fights (granted this was then MGM and not a lot of alcohol involved at the time) just some bizarre drunken behavior. I was once flashed and kissed by an extremely drunk woman after asking her to put on a t shirt (she just had a very small bikini top)

dreday3

This wasn't a drunk fight - one group thought another group was line-cutting. One group waited to confront other group after ride and then so it goes....

I wouldn't place blame on one over the other - it takes 2 to fight. Even if someone is screaming in your face, you always have the choice to walk away.
They were all wrong.

And what the heck, I get and agree CMs shouldn't have to step in, but seriously, no security? This went on for a long time (for a fight).

castlecake2.0

This wasn't a drunk fight - one group thought another group was line-cutting. One group waited to confront other group after ride and then so it goes....

I wouldn't place blame on one over the other - it takes 2 to fight. Even if someone is screaming in your face, you always have the choice to walk away.
They were all wrong.

And what the heck, I get and agree CMs shouldn't have to step in, but seriously, no security? This went on for a long time (for a fight).
Security isn’t going to get in the middle of that either, they’d have to call Orange County. All any cast member can do is try to keep other guests away from the chaos. It’s then up to a security leader or park duty manager to decide if they want to walk the guests out, once they’ve calmed down or OC has intervened.

Agreed though, they’re both to blame, should have just walked away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom