News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

Lilofan

Please, I was a coordinator in World Showcase for 2.5 years. The stories I have about violent and angry guests will (not) shock you. The stuff that happens at the MK is child's play compared to the stuff I saw.
Food and Wine unruly behavior even spilled out into the parking lot late evening. Without a cast member in sight, we got out of there very quick when two drunken groups of fellow guests got into it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

WorldExplorer

Sorry if this was already discussed somewhere in this thread, but has anyone here ever successfully signaled a cast member to alert them to a line jumper and had the cast member do something about it?

Mainly asking because I'm just curious what their process is, if they have one to begin with. Especially since I figure the first thing out of a line jumper's mouth in that situation would be "no I didn't!".

flynnibus

Premium Member
Sorry if this was already discussed somewhere in this thread, but has anyone here ever successfully signaled a cast member to alert them to a line jumper and had the cast member do something about it?

Mainly asking because I'm just curious what their process is, if they have one to begin with. Especially since I figure the first thing out of a line jumper's mouth in that situation would be "no I didn't!".

Considering Disney doesn't empower their regular attractions cast to do anything but ride safety... I doubt they would do anything unless you got it to the point they called security.

JoeCamel

Official stance is don't take matter into your own hands just report it to staff/CM. Let's lawyers sleep at night

draybook

When you realize there's a Disney fight club to cash in on...

paul.gif

potzie

Last month in Rise of the Resistance there was 2 back to back groups that came through. First I said nothing, second I said something and a CM heard me. We'd been in line for over an hour and they hadn't walked passed us on their way out recently. The CM took them out of queue which I thought meant they were being removed. But they showed the CM a picture of the rest of their party in line up ahead and the CM took them to a bypass to get them to their group. So apparently they now allow line jumping.

Next time I can just send part of my party ahead and then approach a CM with a story about a bathroom or something, get the person in line to show a picture of them standing in line and voila, skip the queue. Or maybe I won't because I respect the queue. We don't get in until everyone is there and we don't leave unless we all leave.

LittleBuford

Last month in Rise of the Resistance there was 2 back to back groups that came through. First I said nothing, second I said something and a CM heard me. We'd been in line for over an hour and they hadn't walked passed us on their way out recently. The CM took them out of queue which I thought meant they were being removed. But they showed the CM a picture of the rest of their party in line up ahead and the CM took them to a bypass to get them to their group. So apparently they now allow line jumping.

Next time I can just send part of my party ahead and then approach a CM with a story about a bathroom or something, get the person in line to show a picture of them standing in line and voila, skip the queue. Or maybe I won't because I respect the queue. We don't get in until everyone is there and we don't leave unless we all leave.
The fact that they had a picture of the rest of their party in line suggests to me that they really had been in the queue with them earlier. Do you feel they were lying?

Chi84

Premium Member
The fact that they had a picture of the rest of their party in line suggests to me that they really had been in the queue with them earlier. Do you feel they were lying?
A group of people were probably not returning to a line they had already been in. It’s far more likely the people ahead were place-holding for them while they found better things to do than standing in line. Place-holding is discouraged by Disney’s rules as being discourteous.

I’m interpreting the post as meaning a picture of the party members who were standing in line, not a picture of the party actually standing in line. Either way, that can be accomplished without the second group actually having taken the picture.

Lilofan

A group of people were probably not returning to a line they had already been in. It’s far more likely the people ahead were place-holding for them while they found better things to do than standing in line. Place-holding is discouraged by Disney’s rules as being discourteous.

I’m interpreting the post as meaning a picture of the party members who were standing in line, not a picture of the party actually standing in line. Either way, that can be accomplished without the second group actually having taken the picture.
Better things to do in the Mouse's eyes is spending more money on food and merchandise than standing in line and not spending more.

LittleBuford

I suppose I don’t understand why it’s far likelier that they were cutting the line as opposed to rejoining it. Are you basing that assessment on something specific to the incident described or on your sense of guest behaviour more generally?

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Probably because weve all seen more people “rejoin” their group without ever seeing them go past us in the 1st place. So the placeholder idea is more likely than people actually having to leave the line to rejoin it. Is it an assumption 100% but my guess is more times than not you would be accurate to assume that bc lets face it. Its pretty easy to see someone leave the line and if you see someone skipping you safe to say they were never there

LittleBuford

Probably because weve all seen more people “rejoin” their group without ever seeing them go past us in the 1st place. So the placeholder idea is more likely than people actually having to leave the line to rejoin it. Is it an assumption 100% but my guess is more times than not you would be accurate to assume that bc lets face it. Its pretty easy to see someone leave the line and if you see someone skipping you safe to say they were never there
Disney queues are long and winding affairs. There are moments when you’re surrounded by others, and moments when you find yourself at the edge of the ride’s footprint adjacent to a path. I think it’s eminently possible to leave the queue without being noticed by others.

The only definite thing we know about the group in question is that the CM found their explanation compelling enough to help them join the rest of their party. In the absence of further information, I have no reason to doubt the call made by the CM.

Chi84

Premium Member
I suppose I don’t understand why it’s far likelier that they were cutting the line as opposed to rejoining it. Are you basing that assessment on something specific to the incident described or on your sense of guest behaviour more generally?
Both. Disney doesn’t allow place-holding. So it would be unacceptable for parties to enter a line together and then have half the group leave and go on other rides then join the rest when they get near the front of the line. This would be essentially the same as the second group not joining the line at all until the very end. The rule is that if there’s a line, you stand in it.

I believe Disney and all reasonable people (emphasis on reasonable) would be understanding of emergency situations such as a single person leaving to use the bathroom or a parent taking a young child/children. But that’s not what the poster described when he stated there were two “groups” attempting to bypass the line.

Most times we see this type of thing, the people pushing through are groups of teens/preteens or young couples. Of course anything is possible, but common sense and life experience lead me to conclude that these groups are meeting up with others holding their place in line rather than leaving/returning for emergency reasons.

LittleBuford

Both. Disney doesn’t allow place-holding. So it would be unacceptable for parties to enter a line together and then have half the group leave and go on other rides then join the rest when they get near the front of the line. This would be essentially the same as the second group not joining the line at all until the very end. The rule is that if there’s a line, you stand in it.

I believe Disney and all reasonable people (emphasis on reasonable) would be understanding of emergency situations such as a single person leaving to use the bathroom or a parent taking a young child/children. But that’s not what the poster described when he stated there were two “groups” attempting to bypass the line.

Most times we see this type of thing, the people pushing through are groups of teens/preteens or young couples. Of course anything is possible, but common sense and life experience lead me to conclude that these groups are meeting up with others holding their place in line rather than leaving/returning for emergency reasons.
You may well be right in your assessment of the situation, but without knowing the size and composition of the group (perhaps @potzie might add these details), I’m not inclined to automatically assume they were off having fun while the rest of their party waited, especially since a CM actively helped them upon hearing their explanation.

Chi84

Premium Member
You may well be right in your assessment of the situation, but without knowing the size and composition of the group (perhaps @potzie might add these details), I’m not inclined to automatically assume they were off having fun while the rest of their party waited, especially since a CM actively helped them upon hearing their explanation.
That’s certainly your right since neither of us knows what was said or whether or not it was true. I was speaking more to the general situation.

Incomudro

This infuriates me.
It's something that didn't exist until cel phones, and it should NOT be allowed.
You shouldn't get to bypass people who have waited in line for an hour, just because you got a text from a friend or family member far up in the line for a ride.
I would absolutely never do this with my own family.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom