Rumor Another DHS Closure?

SteamboatJoe

My totally fanboy idea is to re-imagine RnRC by fully incorporating it's currently closed off space into Sunset Boulevard and turning it into the Acme Warehouse for a Roger Rabbit themed crazy coaster through Toon Town. Unfortunately, I know Roger's chances of being brought back are super slim but 80's nostalgia is all the rage right now so I guess one can never say never.

Stinkerbell

I’ve heard a rumor about something major possibly closing at DHS soon. I’m not at liberty to say what, but I just wanted to know if any insiders have heard anything similar. This is gonna be rough if it’s true...
I’ve heard a rumor about something major possibly closing at DHS soon. I’m not at liberty to say what, but I just wanted to know if any insiders have heard anything similar. This is gonna be rough if it’s true...
I'm going to guess Fantasmic. They already have nighttime shows now and probably don't see the need for another. Don't get me wrong, I like Fantasmic. I'm just surprised it has lasted as long as it has.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I don’t think there is really anything left of the old park that has not been looked at for changes. And we know of several specifics that have been discussed over the last few years.

At this point the only surprise at the Studios would be a closing of something in either SWGE or TSL.

TJJohn12

Umm that’s not in Hollywood studios, it’s in Disney World park.

studiocatering_splashfountain2006ah.jpg

Nope, it's over by Studio Catering Company. God forbid they ever remove that place - one of the healthiest and cleanest places to eat in MGM. Disney will *NEVER* demo it...

Weather_Lady

You will fill 4 hours on 4 rides in May

We've got FP for RnR, ToT and Star Tours. Won't even bother with TSMM as we're arriving mid-day during the standby-only dates, and we'll round it out with WD Presents, Beauty and the Beast, Muppets and Indy, and maybe Launch Bay. We'll make the best of what's there. 😊

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's a wild suggestion. Close the whole freakin DHS park and do not reopen in until much more thought and work is done.

And.... the forums would erupt over all the Cast Members that were laid off for this to happen and how heartless WDW is. And all the APs would complain that the AP lost valued because they no longer had access to the rides that were remaining there. And people would complain how much more crowded the MK fireworks show is because Fantasmic! and Star Wars spectacular is no longer eating people.

But I agree with your premise that more thought needs to be put into making decisions like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom