Rumor Another DHS Closure?

BillW

For the record I would be totally fine, elated even, with a retheme to RnRc. The current ride doesnā€™t fit well with the themeing of the street, especially next to the tower ... and IMO Aerosmith is top 5 most overrated rock bands in history.
I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think RnRc is perfect the way it is. If popular attractions bring guests back (like me), Disney needs to leave them alone.

HauntedMansionFLA

Please stop. Stop with the ā€œI know stuff and you donā€™tā€ if youā€™re ā€œnot at libertyā€ then donā€™t post at all Until authorized by your WDW officials, unless youā€™re making this up because your ā€œthrill seekingā€ is watching the chaos unfold when you post stuff like that.
@Thrill Seeker - so when can you have our big announcement regarding this thread??

neo999955

In the Parks
No
I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think RnRc is perfect the way it is. If popular attractions bring guests back (like me), Disney needs to leave them alone.
Totally. I personally do not like the ride very much, it's my least favorite coaster at WDW. I just find the theme sorta lame and the ride itself a bit boring and again, lame. I even like Aerosmith, not that I'm a massive fan, but meh. I would prefer a cool re-theming as well.

Darth_Wes

I'm changing my answer. I don't know why I just assumed it was a ride. I'm going to say Fantasmic...which would be sad. I feel like there are some other attractions that could stand to be replaced but knowing Disney.....
If it's Fantasmic, I would imagine it would be for a refurb on the Dragon...so, it's more like Disney Cali's.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes, I have heard there are attractions likely to close soon (in the next 4 years) at Hollywood Studios.

They are:

Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Star Tours (re-imagining)
Muppet Vision 3-D
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Rock N Roller Coaster (re-imagining)

Thanks for your info. But again: None of this is new compared to what our other insiders have been saying... except for MV3D. Once it was spared from being part of SWL and they doubled down on Grand Ave, MV3D came off the endangered list.

But since is a "likely" list and just about everything in DHS has been on the "likely to be changed in some way" list. Well... Situation normal.

habuma

If it's Fantasmic, I would imagine it would be for a refurb on the Dragon...so, it's more like Disney Cali's.

I've said it before and it bears repeating: I love Fantasmic!, but DHS' version could really stand a few updates, specifically (1) give us a dragon that doesn't look like Hefty bags strung up on a crane and (2) replace the Pocahontas section with something else. Even more specifically, although I am among those who are tired of Frozen everywhere, I really do think that there's a lot of awesome that could be done with Frozen in place of the Pocahontas section. I'd love to see a steamboat at the end that doesn't look like it was built as part of a high school metal shop project, but I can live with it as-is.

Put simply, I love Fantasmic! But Disneyland's rendition of it (both the old and the new version, although I liked the older version better) have WDW's Fantasmic! beat. I'd like to see WDW's version upgraded to be comparable.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've said it before and it bears repeating: I love Fantasmic!, but DHS' version could really stand a few updates, specifically (1) give us a dragon that doesn't look like Hefty bags strung up on a crane and (2) replace the Pocahontas section with something else. Even more specifically, although I am among those who are tired of Frozen everywhere, I really do think that there's a lot of awesome that could be done with Frozen in place of the Pocahontas section. I'd love to see a steamboat at the end that doesn't look like it was built as part of a high school metal shop project, but I can live with it as-is.

Put simply, I love Fantasmic! But Disneyland's rendition of it (both the old and the new version, although I liked the older version better) have WDW's Fantasmic! beat. I'd like to see WDW's version upgraded to be comparable.

Get the people who did HEA to rework Fantasmic.

Dole Whip Happy Hour

My one in a billion trillion chance guess would be they are changing the RnRc theme to a Merida theme with lively Gaelic type music while you try to shoot bullseyes on targets thru the ride (think roller coaster TSM), then change TOT to be more of a dark medieval Tower of London theme to quasi fit...
So that side of the park's theme is the past...The middle of the park stays modern/contemporary, doesn't have to change,
and then change the Muppets to be more futuristic to go along with the futuristic star wars side of the park theme.....

the best part....the whole reason to change the park to a past, present and future theme.......
the Muppet Vision 3D would then become PIGS IN SPACE

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Totally. I personally do not like the ride very much, it's my least favorite coaster at WDW. I just find the theme sorta lame and the ride itself a bit boring and again, lame. I even like Aerosmith, not that I'm a massive fan, but meh. I would prefer a cool re-theming as well.

I think the theming is good - the props within the ride are a little cheap looking however... and after the first launch/loop I have to actually agree here its not a major exciting ride

Skipper Sam

I am betting its Island Skipper tours
oops That's Universal Islands of Adventure
eU3MV9z.jpg

dpfoto

Please not Muppet*Vision, Please not Muppet*Vision,Please not Muppet*Vision,Please not Muppet*Vision,Please not Muppet*Vision,Please not Muppet*Vision,
Muppet Vision would be a good one to close. When a family member wants to go there, I just close my eyes and take a nap. BORING!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom