Rumor Another DHS Closure?

NiarrNDisney

And.... the forums would erupt over all the Cast Members that were laid off for this to happen and how heartless WDW is. And all the APs would complain that the AP lost valued because they no longer had access to the rides that were remaining there. And people would complain how much more crowded the MK fireworks show is because Fantasmic! and Star Wars spectacular is no longer eating people.

But I agree with your premise that more thought needs to be put into making decisions like that.

And Scene!

Winter

I'm surprised people love the Muppets ride so much O_O

I mean I'm not saying it's bad of course, but still surprised that it's popular enough that somebody saying "please not muppets" got 94 likes.

crxbrett

My armchair imagineering suggestion to replace the Indy show:
A Forbidden Eye clone with updated effects, no stupid-looking giant snake, and an extended track path that has indy fend off a rival Nazi expedition. Maybe have their tank or kübelwagen race alongside the riders' vehicle for a short section and "explode" around the corner.
The massive outdoor show building would also be home to a track-based ropes course similar to Camp Discovery in Shanghai Disneyland.
Imagine working your way through one of these while the Williams Soundtracks play in appropriate places. As a Photopass incentive, cameras along the pathway would be triggered by guests' magicband, and the collected footage of key "exciting" moments in the attraction would be edited together into a little video you could download and share.

Temple of Doom is still my favorite Indy score and one of my all-time favorite Williams' scores in general. ToD is very underrated in many ways.

I like your ideas and hope that if it is the IJSS that closes, that a brand-new Indy attraction replaces it. Disney could really do something incredible with that space and make an amazing E-ticket Indy experience!

SteamboatJoe

I'm surprised people love the Muppets ride so much O_O

I mean I'm not saying it's bad of course, but still surprised that it's popular enough that somebody saying "please not muppets" got 94 likes.

I assume many on here, like myself, have fond childhood memories of them from when they were huge in the late 70s and 80s or when they were regulars in syndication and home video rental. Also, in some ways, Jim Henson and Kermit, were spiritual successors of Walt and Mickey.

Kman101

I assume many on here, like myself, have fond childhood memories of them from when they were huge in the late 70s and 80s or when they were regulars in syndication and home video rental. Also, in some ways, Jim Henson and Kermit, were spiritual successors of Walt and Mickey.

Yeah, I grew up with them in reruns in the late 80s and early 90s. The Muppet Show is nowhere on television in reruns. Muppet Babies was big for a kid in the 80s and 90s. They have that now again, which I think is smart. The movies in the 90s/00s weren't great for the Muppets, IMO. Disney just hasn't known what to do with them. And it's not really that hard. They need someone guiding them like they do with Marvel and to a lesser extent Star Wars (of course with SW YMMV ... heh).

Folks couldn't handle "Disney kid friendly" (which they really aren't on some level) Muppets in the new series. Not saying it was great at first but I liked the idea behind it. The audience was there for the first episode ...

But I can see why a certain segment doesn't have a fondness for them. But the buzz around the sitcom a few years ago was fairly big and I realized they are still pretty beloved in pop culture.

Apart from Waldo and "Where's the annoying bunny" Muppet*Vision is pretty solid actually. I know people see it as dated, but it's fairly timeless if you get rid of Waldo. I'd love a new version but I fear what we get. I also think a re-tooled Muppet*Vision would work well in Epcot (they have the Muppet Lab there and Muppet*Vision could work well in terms of "imagination") and we could get the Muppet ride but that will never happen in a million years.

crxbrett

As a kid who grew up watching the Muppet Show, the Muppet movies (The Muppet Movie is still a classic) and even Muppet Babies in the '80s, I still love the Muppets. I was born in Oct '78 and am 39 now, so I am not young I guess. LOL Ouch! That pains me to say now!

Like Kman said, Muppet-Vision is still fairly timeless, which gives it an edge or more dated things that have appeared at the Studios park.

With the new movies, the new tv show and the fact that the Muppets have been used in tv ads in the last 15 years, they should still be relevant to most I would think.

Indy_UK

Couldn't Star tours become part of Muppets land? Be cool but I don't think the demand is there.

As far as what is being replaced, I hope it's either mermaid or BATB show.

Baffles me why they don't just rip out laugh floor from tomorrowland and put it in the building where mermaid is? Update the show and you have a real winner there.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Couldn't Star tours become part of Muppets land? Be cool but I don't think the demand is there.

At one point they were going to have a Great Muppet Movie ride that was basically a spoof on the Great Movie Ride, I don't see why they couldn't/shouldn't rejuvenate that idea (of spoofing other attractions in the same park) by replacing Star Tours With this...

pigsinspace-newthumb.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom