Annual Passholder

disney4life2008

What are the benefits of being a Annual Passholder? I am a resident of Illinois - when I go to Disney, I normally stay in a timeshare ($400 or less for 8 days). But, of course I have to pay for parking everytime i go to the parks. Also, I normally get a 7 to 10 day ticket which can be $250 or more dollars (no hoping, no unlimiited access, etc.). What are the benefits in terms of discounts, food, etc.? I travel to disney twice a year and if I had the pass would probally travel more as my access would be unlimited. Please help me.

kimmychad

Thanks for the information.. I may end up cancelling the dining plan.

unless you're planning on eating alot of sitdown meals that count as one credit you''ll find it difficult to get your moneys worth with the dining plan. please note - you have to pay extra for the tables in wonderland, an additional $60 with the annual passholder.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
As far as the "free" DDP, if you get any deals on your room (AP, pin code, AAA) then it doesn't necessarily pay to do. We're going 12/6-12/16 and there's "free" dining with the Disney Visa for our last 4 days. But in order to use that they have to adjust the price of the room, so we don't really save anything.
I was kidding about the free dining... :lol:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I guess I missed out.. I called the reservation center and they said all of the AP discounts were sold out for the value and moderate resorts. She did suggest Grand Floridian and Animal Kingdom Lodge for a total of $1300 for 4 nights. Not happpening here, lol. So I guess I missed out on all of the discounts. I was hoping to get the $49 discount at the value resorts.

I double checked and yes all of the Values and the normal priced rooms at the Mods are sold out. With the AP discounts, if you believe you are going, DONT WAIT. They are very limited in quantity and must be booked as soon as possible. Belle

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Both types of reservations are available. Keep in mind, these reservations are also subject to availability. Belle

I called AAA - they quoted me a price of $70 per night (in contrast to $97 per night for room only) at the Movies Resort from January 8 through the 12th but they were all booked as well.

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

Does my annual pass give me access to the resorts? I am staying in a timeshare but want to visit Grand Floridian for the gingerbread house?
Anyone can visit any resort at any time. You do not need to be staying at a resort to go there ( having a meal at a nearby resort is a wonderful respite from the hustle a bustle from a busy park). It is also a great way to get a look at a possible resort for your next trip.

Upvote 0

Goof-Man

Parking Discount

Hello,

Does anyone know if I upgrade to an Annual Pass while at Disney will they refund the parking that I have already paid?

With all the discounts it could be a great benefit to upgrade.

Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Hello,

Does anyone know if I upgrade to an Annual Pass while at Disney will they refund the parking that I have already paid?

Thanks for the help.

I bought the AP specifically for parking. I always stay in a off site timeshare and the $12 per day parking at disney is a lot. In addition, I can travel to disney on any time with my timeshare and get into the parks for FREE!!!! AP is wonderful!!!

Upvote 0

kimmychad

Anyone can visit any resort at any time. You do not need to be staying at a resort to go there ( having a meal at a nearby resort is a wonderful respite from the hustle a bustle from a busy park). It is also a great way to get a look at a possible resort for your next trip.

while that may how it should work, we were told we couldn't park at the contemporary to look at the holiday decorations. instead had to park at the ttc and take the monorail.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hello,

Thanks for the help.

Hey there Goof, Another option would be to park at Downtown Disney which is free, and get your AP there. There is a ticket booth down there that can do that. Belle

Upvote 0

krankenstein

Hey there Goof, Another option would be to park at Downtown Disney which is free, and get your AP there. There is a ticket booth down there that can do that. Belle

This is exactly what I did when I first ordered my AP. If you go to Team Mickey at DTD, Guest Relations is housed in the same building. It works out really well because the line tends to be really short and you do not have to worry about paying to park.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Original Poster
I just received my exchange voucher in the mail... will I be able to use that for free parking at the Magic Kingdom to actually get my certificate?

Upvote 0

imamouse

while that may how it should work, we were told we couldn't park at the contemporary to look at the holiday decorations. instead had to park at the ttc and take the monorail.

The Comtemporary does not have adequate parking, so during busy times when the resort is at capacity (holidays), I can understand this rule being enforced.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Original Poster
The rules state that you must present a valid AP for free parking. Belle

I have paid over $500 for the pass and I still have to pay $12 to get the Certificate? That is unfair.. I would think free parking starts as soon as they get their money. It wouldnt be so bad if you could get the certificate at the resorts. I am going to be out $12???

Also, when can I get my Tables in Wonderland pass? The exchange card is only a card.. nothing else? I wanted to purchase before I left Chicago.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

We've had the AP's for 3 years now and found that they save us a bundle on tickets over past years, and it's also one less headache to save for too. And since we are also members of DVC we also get a discount on the AP's , which also adds to the savings, perks all around, in our opinion they are something to look into.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom