Annual Passholder

disney4life2008

What are the benefits of being a Annual Passholder? I am a resident of Illinois - when I go to Disney, I normally stay in a timeshare ($400 or less for 8 days). But, of course I have to pay for parking everytime i go to the parks. Also, I normally get a 7 to 10 day ticket which can be $250 or more dollars (no hoping, no unlimiited access, etc.). What are the benefits in terms of discounts, food, etc.? I travel to disney twice a year and if I had the pass would probally travel more as my access would be unlimited. Please help me.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
If you are an AP holder and you stay on disney property.. are you no longer eligable for the DDP? It seems that the dining plan and the magic your way packages are linked up to a ticket.

The DDP is linked to a MYW pkg when you stay at a WDW resort. As long as you get at least 1 MYW base tix w. your pkg, then you can get the DDP for your stay. However, you are then left with 1 MYW ticket. But that is how you can still get the DDP. :slurp:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

All dining plans are sold only as part of a Magic Your Way Package or Passholder Dine Package and cannot be sold separately by the Disney Reservation Center. As such the prices of individual package components within a vacation package cannot be quoted separately.

For active Annual Passholders, Premium Passholders and Florida Resident Seasonal Passholders the Following Packages are also now available:

Passholder Quick Service Dine Package

Passholder Plus Dine Package

Passholder Plus Deluxe Dine Package

The components are the same as the above without the Magic Your Way Theme Park Ticket component included.

I am sorry about the info in my previous post - I did not know about this! Thanks for the info - as this will be great for us in the future and I didn't know it existed! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

The DDP is linked to a MYW pkg when you stay at a WDW resort. As long as you get at least 1 MYW base tix w. your pkg, then you can get the DDP for your stay. However, you are then left with 1 MYW ticket. But that is how you can still get the DDP. :slurp:

Hi Disneygirl, This was a fairly recent change but there is a package that allows annual passholders to book a room and the Dining plan without purchasing a MYW ticket of any type. Obviously an AP holder wouldnt need a MYW ticket, so hence this package was developed specifically to cater to that. It is a great package option for us AP holders!!! Belle

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Hi Disneygirl, This was a fairly recent change but there is a package that allows annual passholders to book a room and the Dining plan without purchasing a MYW ticket of any type. Obviously an AP holder wouldnt need a MYW ticket, so hence this package was developed specifically to cater to that. It is a great package option for us AP holders!!! Belle

I am so pumped about this Belle!!! I had no idea and this was a concern b/c the TofW just didn't seem like a good deal for us. Thank you for the info!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I am so pumped about this Belle!!! I had no idea and this was a concern b/c the TofW just didn't seem like a good deal for us. Thank you for the info!!! :sohappy:

Anytime!!! Just keep in mind that once a dining plan is added to the room reservation, it does become a package and has different payment structure and cancellation policies than a room only reservation. Belle

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Anytime!!! Just keep in mind that once a dining plan is added to the room reservation, it does become a package and has different payment structure and cancellation policies than a room only reservation. Belle

Sounds great! Oh - I know that the AP rates don't apply to all resorts at all times - to find out which ones have AP rates and when, is there somewhere in particular that I can look for this info? Is this a something where a "code" is applied?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

The AP website is a great official source of information. Also dont forget if we hear of an Annual passholder rate being released one of the Konsultants usually posts that information here on WDWMagic shortly after it is released. I believe that even if a discount hasnt been released for a certain time period that the AP holder can book the room and dining plan package, but the room part of it would be at full rack rate. Belle

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

The AP website is a great official source of information. Also dont forget if we hear of an Annual passholder rate being released one of the Konsultants usually posts that information here on WDWMagic shortly after it is released. I believe that even if a discount hasnt been released for a certain time period that the AP holder can book the room and dining plan package, but the room part of it would be at full rack rate. Belle

As always, thank you for your wonderful advice and info Belle!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

True, but you can make a "room only reservation" with an AP discount and then add the Dining Plan anytime until 6 days before your reservation. Thus keeping the room without any cancellation penalty and then add dining and pay in full at the last minute (6 days).

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

I just purchased an AP - am I able to book a room now or do I have to wait for the information to come in the mail? How long does it take for the info to come in the mail?

You can call and book your room at any time. You do not need anything to book, but you will be told to be prepared to show a valid adult AP at check in. (although I have checked in 3 times on an AP discount and have never been asked to show it)

Also, when does the 365 days begin? Does it start when you order the ticket or does it start with the 1st admission to a theme park?

It starts the day you exchange the voucher for a valid pass, which has to be done in person at guest relations at any of the parks or Downtown Disney. (As of now the resorts can not do it)

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Original Poster
You can call and book your room at any time. You do not need anything to book, but you will be told to be prepared to show a valid adult AP at check in. (although I have checked in 3 times on an AP discount and have never been asked to show it)

It starts the day you exchange the voucher for a valid pass, which has to be done in person at guest relations at any of the parks or Downtown Disney. (As of now the resorts can not do it)

This is my 1st time doing this.. what number do I call and what information do I need?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Sure feel free to give us a call here at Kingdom Konsultants ( we are a fee paid travel agency meaning we dont charge you for our services.) Anyone in the office can run you a price quote/ availability. Both items are checked at the same time. Our number is 1866-566-7858. Belle

Upvote 0

marcriss

Just a couple other benefits to the APs:

The 20% with the Tables of Wonderland includes 20% on alcoholic beverages, so if you have a beer or a glass of wine, you save on that and it's good at many of the hotel lounges.

With the AP there are some restaurants that offer 10% on lunch (although it's far fewer than it used to be).

20% discount at Alamo.

Discounted tickets for select nights at the VMCP & Halloween Party (about $10/ticket).

10% at WOD, Ghiardelli & Lego plus a couple of others.

In the past, it has been cheaper for us to buy the annuals (even to use for just one trip) when you figure in all of the above discounts.
allearsnet.com has the Annual Pass Breakeven Analysis

This year we opted for MYW because we got a great deal on the room w/o the AP tie.

As far as the "free" DDP, if you get any deals on your room (AP, pin code, AAA) then it doesn't necessarily pay to do. We're going 12/6-12/16 and there's "free" dining with the Disney Visa for our last 4 days. But in order to use that they have to adjust the price of the room, so we don't really save anything.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Sure feel free to give us a call here at Kingdom Konsultants ( we are a fee paid travel agency meaning we dont charge you for our services.) Anyone in the office can run you a price quote/ availability. Both items are checked at the same time. Our number is 1866-566-7858. Belle

I guess I missed out.. I called the reservation center and they said all of the AP discounts were sold out for the value and moderate resorts. She did suggest Grand Floridian and Animal Kingdom Lodge for a total of $1300 for 4 nights. Not happpening here, lol. So I guess I missed out on all of the discounts. I was hoping to get the $49 discount at the value resorts.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Just a couple other benefits to the APs:

The 20% with the Tables of Wonderland includes 20% on alcoholic beverages, so if you have a beer or a glass of wine, you save on that and it's good at many of the hotel lounges.

With the AP there are some restaurants that offer 10% on lunch (although it's far fewer than it used to be).

20% discount at Alamo.

Discounted tickets for select nights at the VMCP & Halloween Party (about $10/ticket).

10% at WOD, Ghiardelli & Lego plus a couple of others.

In the past, it has been cheaper for us to buy the annuals (even to use for just one trip) when you figure in all of the above discounts.
allearsnet.com has the Annual Pass Breakeven Analysis

This year we opted for MYW because we got a great deal on the room w/o the AP tie.

As far as the "free" DDP, if you get any deals on your room (AP, pin code, AAA) then it doesn't necessarily pay to do. We're going 12/6-12/16 and there's "free" dining with the Disney Visa for our last 4 days. But in order to use that they have to adjust the price of the room, so we don't really save anything.

The discounts are AMAZING. Any discount I can get at Disney is well received. Plus, I normally stay in a timeshare so I end up paying for parking at the theme parks - so the amount of parking for each trip for my disney vacations total more than $100. Plus, the discount at Alamo is great as well as the other smaller discounts on food and merchandise.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom