News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I simply don't have the willpower to continue and further derail the thread. You do you, I suppose.
Leaving See Ya GIF by MOODMAN
I know…you’ve just been around too long

peter11435

Peter’s post was off topic addressing a misunderstanding of a previous poster.

but you’ve seen that all the time since may 25th, right?
Again….. we are not talking about threads going off topic. My post was in reference to the comment I quoted. That’s the difference. You quote posts and then post things that have nothing to do with the thread or post you have quoted.

dennis-in-ct

They really ought to build Tony Baxter's Jolly Holiday somewhere. It's better than whatever WDI would excrete anyways...question would be where is there room and thematic consistency.
It would turn out to be a lesser version of the ride that he designed.

how you seen Tony Baxter’s original Little Mermaid ride? It was shortened and some very cool elements were cut.

owlsandcoffee

It would turn out to be a lesser version of the ride that he designed.

Well yes. They'll never build it anyways so I was assuming a world where Disney was still making rides to the best of their abilities.

That Little Mermaid concept is depressing. I remember watching it as a DVD extra, vaguely. And not but....20 years after its original design they put out the worst Omnimover ride they've ever made (imo).

TrainsOfDisney

LOL, you know what I mean.

At least Kylo had 3 movies as the character. Emily Blunt was her once and she's in (what feels like) a million other movies.
Oh I was agreeing with you! Not using one of the most iconic characters of all time is crazy.

James Earl Jones as Darth Vader and Julie Andrews as Mary Poppins are literally legends.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ever see the Broadway show? What she lets the toys do to those poor children is ghastly (“Temper, Temper”).
My fan-backstory for Mary Poppins is that she's a princess of Avalon. But, she was wickedly mean and selfish. So, the fae banished her to the mortal realm. She may only return if she learns compassion and humility by helping human children.

Without gaslighting them too much.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom