News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

nickys

Premium Member
Ever see the Broadway show? What she lets the toys do to those poor children is ghastly (“Temper, Temper”).
The stage show is definitely much darker, and stays closer to the books, than the movie. Over here in the U.K. they imposed this restriction:

“As an advisory to adults bringing young people, Mary Poppins is recommended for ages7 and up, children under the age of 5 will not be admitted into the theatre”.

ppete1975

they could make a really fun ride for mary cheaply....
do an indoor carousel in a round room... and you could build several of them (like theaters so capacity could be high)
and either paint the walls jolly holiday or do screens where it would be jolly holiday but changing.

And could fit in a really small area... if done right could be really cute, a people eater, and fun.. with short wait times

Bocabear

they could make a really fun ride for mary cheaply....
do an indoor carousel in a round room... and you could build several of them (like theaters so capacity could be high)
and either paint the walls jolly holiday or do screens where it would be jolly holiday but changing.

And could fit in a really small area... if done right could be really cute, a people eater, and fun.. with short wait times
Please no...though I feel this was probably what they had planned...

TrainsOfDisney

We need more attractions period...C minimum... A was just for street cars...
EPCOT doesn't really need spinner attractions and off the shelf lightly themed carnival rides.... Think higher standard than 6 Flags...
What’s truly crazy is a Mary Poppins expansion with a D Ticket Dark ride, outdoor carousel, live entertainment (streetmosphere style and pearly band), and a deluxe meet and greet really shouldn’t be something crazy to wish for at one of the world’s most visited theme parks.

ppete1975

We need more attractions period...C minimum... A was just for street cars...
EPCOT doesn't really need spinner attractions and off the shelf lightly themed carnival rides.... Think higher standard than 6 Flags...
What im talking about would be better than anything six flags has, and im not talking prince charming. Nor off the shelf.

you could have the entire mary poppins feel, the reason i say indoors is just because there are so many outdoor carousels, that disney could do something totally different.. maybe the screens come to life with penquins or something or youre being raced... the exterior building could be cherry tree lane along with the cannon going off at the top of every hour... you could have chimney sweepers performing outside (although disney has been removing street atmosphere for years sadly)... you could easily build in a year (not 4) a great people eater (park needs it) with all of the amazing mary poppins feels..

with multiple theaters the capacity could be great

Yes its a carousel but whats around you isnt....

you could even have a brass ring element where the rider can grab a ring (safety hazard prob) or you throw something in a bucket (you get one ring with your name on it or something per ride)

maybe im a realist and i know we arent getting an E or D ticket for Mary.. its not going to happen. And if we got an E you would prob need a boarding group for it and it would break down constantly. I miss rides that you could wait 30 mins for and for 3-4 minutes be immersed.

Regardless we arent getting anything so it doesnt really matter.

1625858775863.png

ppete1975

What’s truly crazy is a Mary Poppins expansion with a D Ticket Dark ride, outdoor carousel, live entertainment (streetmosphere style and pearly band), and a deluxe meet and greet really shouldn’t be something crazy to wish for at one of the world’s most visited theme parks.
btw youre completely right.. this is what happens when im not paying attention.... C would be the min.
1625859279205.png

Ghost93

Mary Poppins should have had an attraction at either the Magic Kingdom or Epcot since Day 1. And with today's technology, I think a Mary Poppins ride could be spectacular. The technology used on Mickey and Minnie's runaway railroad could totally be used to recreate the animated world that Mary, Bert, Jane and Michael Step into during the "Jolly Holliday" sequence and Horse race. I think Epcot is the least favorite park among children and a Mary Poppins ride behind the UK Pavillion and a Coco ride in Mexico could go a long way to renewing interest in the park.

ppete1975

Mary Poppins should have had an attraction at either the Magic Kingdom or Epcot since Day 1. And with today's technology, I think a Mary Poppins ride could be spectacular. The technology used on Mickey and Minnie's runaway railroad could totally be used to recreate the animated world that Mary, Bert, Jane and Michael Step into during the "Jolly Holliday" sequence and Horse race. I think Epcot is the least favorite park among children and a Mary Poppins ride behind the UK Pavillion and a Coco ride in Mexico could go a long way to renewing interest in the park.
you had me till coco.... leave my three amigos alone!! ;)

Ghost93

you had me till coco.... leave my three amigos alone!! ;)
**Three Caballeros! ;)

I think if they eliminate the parking lot behind the Mexican Pavillion they could add a Coco ride without replacing the Gran Fiesta Tour. But if that's not feasible, I think most would agree that the characters from Coco mean a lot more to today's generation of kids than Jose and Panchito.

ppete1975

**Three Caballeros! ;)

I think if they eliminate the parking lot behind the Mexican Pavillion they could add a Coco ride without replacing the Gran Fiesta Tour. But if that's not feasible, I think most would agree that the characters from Coco mean a lot more to today's generation of kids than Jose and Panchito.
Do you think Coco is still that popular? Genuine question, I loved the movie, but its one i dont hear people talk about a ton. And i dont think merch was a big seller (dia de los muertos non IP i think sells good, not sure on coco)

my biggest issue with coco going there (which im not against a ride being made), is location.. besides i dont want to lose my 3 cabs.

There really isnt much room for a queue.. and any new ride would have a huge line... and since the queue is so small that means snaking through the restaurant and gift shop.. unless they could make a new entrance on the left side of the building for just the attraction.. then it wouldnt be that bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom