• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

EricsBiscuit

Some interesting observations from the Odyssey: there is a GotG, Rat, EPCOT and... a Mary Poppins photo opp. Interesting to put MP on the same level as the other ones. Also, one of the descriptions describes the MP addition as an “attraction.” Hopefully this points to something a little more substantial than a carousel.

MansionButler84

Some interesting observations from the Odyssey: there is a GotG, Rat, EPCOT and... a Mary Poppins photo opp. Interesting to put MP on the same level as the other ones. Also, one of the descriptions describes the MP addition as an “attraction.” Hopefully this points to something a little more substantial than a carousel.
Ever looked at Disney “attraction” lists?

Purduevian

Some Disney World "Attractions" (from disneyworld.com)
  • Disney Animals (African Birds, African Elephants, African Lions, Asian Small-Clawed Otters, Butterflies,Coral Reefs, Cotton-Top Tamarins, Flamingos, Gibbons, Giraffes, Gorillas, Hippopotamuses, Horses, Invertebrates, Migratory Birds, Okapis, Reef Fish, Rhinos, Sea Turtles, Sharks and Rays, Tigers, Vultures, Zebras) All Listed as their own separate attraction.
  • American Heritage Gallery
  • Bijutsu-kan Gallery
  • Coca-Cola Polar Bear Photo Op Experience
  • Dino Sue
  • Gallery of Arts and History
  • House of the Whispering Willows
  • Leave A Legacy
  • Mexico Folk Art Gallery
  • The Oasis Exhibits
  • Star Wars Photo Opportunities
  • Stave Church Gallery
  • Stitch's Great Escape!

Surferboy567

We should discuss more on this, if they are going to break ground on this soon we should know if it’s a spinner by the building shape (unless it’s shaped like a normal building). Fingers crossed for something better then a spinner, I still believe the way they described it doesn’t scream “spinner” to me but, of course I’m probably wrong.

thequeuelinelectures

We should discuss more on this, if they are going to break ground on this soon we should know if it’s a spinner by the building shape (unless it’s shaped like a normal building). Fingers crossed for something better then a spinner, I still believe the way they described it doesn’t scream “spinner” to me but, of course I’m probably wrong.
My money would still be on an elaborate spinner. My only hope is that it has multiple carousels to increase capacity. More like the double turntables on Smugglers Run though than dueling dumbo’s so you don’t even know the other exists

Kman101

Both movies are set in Cherry Tree Lane, both have Admiral Boom's house with a canon (you can see the canon going off in the preview video!) I don't think it's a big deal. If anything MPR is the reason it was greenlit. They've probably always wanted to add a Mary Poppins attraction but I could see it being a hard sell for a movie that came out in 1964. The new movie breathed life into the IP.
The original has retained it's popularity. I believe that was their reasoning but they didn't need a "reason" to greenlight a Mary Poppins attraction. The name alone is well known in pop culture. It didn't need a sequel to justify an attraction but under the current management mind-frame, you'd be correct.

Kinda interesting too how they don't say either way what "attraction" we're getting. If it were a ride, they'd say so.

Kman101

New Up!-themed restrooms, confirmed!
It seems like Kevin will be moving from AK to Epcot ;) LOL along with what looks like a Tea Party set from Alice. Wonder if instead of a beer garden we get some "character trail" type thing in "World Celebration"

I'd like to see a better look soon at the hub area, we just get glimpses and the big big piece of concept art.

Buffalo

Has anyone talked about this weird blob of horizontal lines in the concept art? It doesn't match the faux background with the clock tower or the building chimneys on the right hand side. And IMO, it's colored go-away-green.....which can only mean to me that it's a show building.

Also, have all of you seen Tony Baxter's original Mary Poppins concept? It predates his Imagineering days but still might give us good hints of what's to come!

Top Bottom