News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

VaderTron

I may have poor taste but ,FOP and SDD are not garbage nor does ROTR,MMRR etc seem like garbage.
1. Those are E-tickets. Are we getting an E-ticket for Mary Poppins? Highly improbable. Name the last amazing C-ticket ride.

2. Even of those you mentioned FOP is just a rebrand of Soarin' with some upgrades. MMRR was rumored to be just ho-hum which is why they (shockingly) decided to push it back and spend more time to liven it up.

Last edited:

Steph15251

1. Those are E-tickets. Are we getting an E-ticket for Mary Poppins? Highly improbable. Name the last amazing C-ticket ride.

2. Even of those you mentioned FOP is just a rebrand of Soarin' with some upgrades. MMRR was rumored to be just ho-hum which is why they (shockingly) decided to push it back and spend more time to liven it up.
Nearly every ride is pretty much an upgrade these days,still does not mean it is garbage ,and I thought MMRR was pushed back because they needed man power for ROTR.

Epcot_Imagineer

I will respectfully disagree with this comment. Besides both being screen-based, they are nothing alike. There aren't just "some upgrades", the whole experience is completely different.
Soarin' tech was all designed in-house, correct? FOP ride tech belongs to someone that's not Disney if I'm not mistaken... small things like the banshee chair are WDI's, but nothing else. I'm torn on the comparisons between Soarin' and FoP... yes they are simulator rides where you move sitting in-front of a screen, but the tech is so different. Comparable experiences, but not so comparable tech.

Steph15251

Soarin' tech was all designed in-house, correct? FOP ride tech belongs to someone that's not Disney if I'm not mistaken... small things like the banshee chair are WDI's, but nothing else. I'm torn on the comparisons between Soarin' and FoP... yes they are simulator rides where you move sitting in-front of a screen, but the tech is so different. Comparable experiences, but not so comparable tech.
Soarin ,is done by Dynamic attractions and WDI if I am right.

Epcot_Imagineer

Soarin ,is done by Dynamic attractions and WDI if I am right.
Dynamic is the manufacturer, but I was under the impression that WDI developed the ride system, as opposed to FoP where another company developed the ride system. But I'll stop talking now as I realized I am in the Mary Poppins thread somehow and need to not pull this all the way off topic 😁

Steph15251

Dynamic is the manufacturer, but I was under the impression that WDI developed the ride system, as opposed to FoP where another company developed the ride system. But I'll stop talking now as I realized I am in the Mary Poppins thread somehow and need to not pull this all the way off topic 😁
No the ride system with soarin is Dynamics ,pretty sure WDI did FOP.

VaderTron

Nearly every ride is pretty much an upgrade these days,still does not mean it is garbage ,and I thought MMRR was pushed back because they needed man power for ROTR.
I suppose garbage is too harsh a description. However, it's non-imaginative re-themeing and upgrade cloning/recycling of already established rides. Where is the imagination? I had high hopes for MMRR, but there were rumblings that some of the brass who went through it found it to be not as captivating as they felt it should be and wanted more tweeks to improve it. It was talked about back in the spring, but now looks like Disney has white-washed those ideas and overrun them with the "we prioritized SWGE" storyline even though the MMRR ride was talked about as "ready" outside of a few finishing touches by summer.

RoTR has potential as well. Hope it lives up to the hype. But again, my point is not that they aren't capable of make a decent E-ticket. It's that there have been re-tooled clones of rides and overlays more than not.

FoP is Soarin' 2.0
NRJ is Gran Fiesta Tour | It's a Small World 2.0
SDMT is Barnstormer 2.0
SDD is Barnstormer 2.5
AS*S is (besides a spot on of it's acronym) Tea Cups 2.0
UtSJotLM is The Seas with Nemo & Friends 2.0
CJS'N'SS is a city fire hydrant 2.0
D&PSFF is PhilharMAGIC 2.0
FEA is Maelstrom 1.1 with IP stickers
MFSR is Star Tours 2.0 (and a number say they still prefer ST)
GotGCR is going to be Rock 'n' Roller Coaster 2.0
LMRA is Lights, Motors, Action! NEGATIVE 2.0

And my question remains, what was the last decent non-E-ticket ride?

Steph15251

I suppose garbage is too harsh a description. However, it's non-imaginative re-themeing and upgrade cloning/recycling of already established rides. Where is the imagination? I had high hopes for MMRR, but there were rumblings that some of the brass who went through it found it to be not as captivating as they felt it should be and wanted more tweeks to improve it. It was talked about back in the spring, but now looks like Disney has white-washed those ideas and overrun them with the "we prioritized SWGE" storyline even though the MMRR ride was talked about as "ready" outside of a few finishing touches by summer.

RoTR has potential as well. Hope it lives up to the hype. But again, my point is not that they aren't capable of make a decent E-ticket. It's that there have been re-tooled clones of rides and overlays more than not.

FoP is Soarin' 2.0
SDMT is Barnstormer 2.0
SDD is Barnstormer 2.5

Sorry ,I do not understand your form of thinking.Ride’s can have close to the same ride system and still not be the same.Not every trackless ride or rollercoaster is the same.And I never heard what you are talking about with MMRR and FoP to me is nothing like Soarin.

Steph15251

FoP is Soarin' 2.0
SDMT is Barnstormer 2.0
SDD is Barnstormer 2.5

SDD many think that is a high E-Ticket

VaderTron

I will respectfully disagree with this comment. Besides both being screen-based, they are nothing alike. There aren't just "some upgrades", the whole experience is completely different.

Similarities:

1) Screen simulator type ride
2) Simulates flying
3) Immersive movement of ride "car"
4) Incorporation of scents to enhance immersive experience
5) Highlights of diverse wildlife seen throughout
6) Splashing whale on Soarin' | splashing "whale" creature on FoP
7) Soarin' Serengeti scene swoops low over elephant herd running in your same direction | FoP swoop low over Pandora elephant/buffalo like herding animals that are running the same direction you are flying.

Differences:

1) Theme (Flight tour of earth vs flight tour of Pandora)
2) Ride car ("breathing" motorcycle that stays put vs dangling hang glider seats raised in the air)
3) Enhanced 3D graphics aided by flight glasses

VaderTron

To be clear, FoP isn't a bad ride by any means. My point is that the best ride in decades still isn't that different from what we already have. They just vastly improved upon an already existing idea and slapped an IP to match on top. Where are the groundbreaking, original ride concepts that Disney built their reputation on?

Steph15251

To be clear, FoP isn't a bad ride by any means. My point is that the best ride in decades still isn't that different from what we already have. They just vastly improved upon an already existing idea and slapped an IP to match on top. Where are the groundbreaking, original ride concepts that Disney built their reputation on?
Still not understanding your point

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
No the ride system with soarin is Dynamics ,pretty sure WDI did FOP.
If by "develop" you mean "invented," then remember this photo...

Timothy_Q

FoP is Soarin' 2.0
SDMT is Barnstormer 2.0
SDD is Barnstormer 2.5
LMRA is Lights, Motors, Action!
Congratulations, you’ve identified similar ride systems!

-Pirates is iasw 2.0
-Haunted Mansion is Adventure Thru Inner Space but spooky
-Space Mountain is Matterhorn in space
-Pooh, Pinocchio, Alice, Snow White, Mr Toad are all the same!!!
-Country Bears is Tiki Room but with bears!
-American Adventure is Hall of Presidents 2.0
-GMR is UoE but about movies
-SSE, Horizons and WOM are all the same!!!

Wow I can’t believe everything Disney has ever done is cloned garbage!!!

(ps: I'm being sarcastic)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom