News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Magenta Panther

My default assumption is that they won't change. Although the idea of a cannon going off every hour or so, has actual appeal. It'd definitely draw people into that part of the pavilion, and increase utilization.

It'd be a bit like the dragon on top of Gringotts in Potterland, no? (BTW, I wish that figure had been designed differently. That frozen action-pose simply looks odd. I wish it had been designed to look like it's dozing, and then at intervals it could raise its head, breathe fire, and then lower its head down for another nap. It could breathe fire out of its nostrils - it wouldn't even have to open its mouth, which would make the AA even simpler. Oh well).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I get the placement backs your explanation up.

But why show Elizabeth Tower (/Big Ben) as being behind it in the concept art? To my mind the go-away green could equally well represent roof tops of London.

So I can see this as being the concept art for the attraction where the artist is hedging his/her bets over a show building being there, whilst still being able to explain it as the Millenium Showplace.

Big Ben may be more like France's Eiffel Tower. Or the space elevator that they actually put in the Epcot reimagining art.

CJR

I’ve purposely attempted to avoid the word “carousel”.

this project has been internally debated since its inception.

Are they still debating or is it pretty much a done deal? I figured they're still going back and forth, at least as of D23 Expo, since they chose not to announce more.

VaderTron

I’ve purposely attempted to avoid the word “carousel”.

this project has been internally debated since its inception.
I'm tired of Disney trainwreck decisons of late. Just once, for Mary Poppins, could they get their heads together on the same page and make something amazing please? Give me a reason to come to the park. Prove me wrong that Disney's newest endeavors are more than repackaged garbage sold at a gold standard price.

Steph15251

I'm tired of Disney trainwreck decisons of late. Just once, for Mary Poppins, could they get their heads together on the same page and make something amazing please? Give me a reason to come to the park. Prove me wrong that Disney's newest endeavors are more than repackaged garbage sold at a gold standard price.
I may have poor taste but ,FOP and SDD are not garbage nor does ROTR,MMRR etc seem like garbage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom