News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

matt9112

Me too, but I'd settle for a carousel. A glorified Meet and Greet would be a huge letdown.

Disney banks on you setteling. God foribid there guests held them to some kind of creative standards that should be bestowed on the leader in the industry. The largest media company with the deepest pockets AND the most experience with theme parks but we are all hoping for a carousel.
My two cents of course.

jt04

Disney banks on you setteling. God foribid there guests held them to some kind of creative standards that should be bestowed on the leader in the industry. The largest media company with the deepest pockets AND the most experience with theme parks but we are all hoping for a carousel.
My two cents of course.

As far as I've been able to figure out, with most pavilions in WS Disney has to allow the host nation to decide what is added or not. @marni1971 would know possibly. Although I have never seen a clear explanation on these boards.

matt9112

As far as I've been able to figure out, with most pavilions in WS Disney has to allow the host nation to decide what is added or not. @marni1971 would know possibly. Although I have never seen a clear explanation on these boards.

Im sure they have some say and could probably help pay if they so desired but in the end scope comes down to a budget no? The uk isnt going to say no real rides spinners only!

Rob562

So, starting with the basic concept of "carousel with screens", imagine what they could do if they plopped a carousel down in the middle of the finale room of Mystic Manor. You enter through the house, Mary has somehow stretched the nursery larger and put a carousel in the middle. It starts to rotate and the walls are suddenly magic. Some perhaps break away to show additional screens or a scene behind it.

Or less probable, to steal an idea from Universal, go the full Poseidon's Fury route and the nursery isnt screens but actual walls and the entire nursery disappears to reveal the screens beyond.

Something along those lines could open some interesting possibilities.

I did like the idea someone posted a few pages back of individual "horses" that operate like Luigi's in DCA. (Though they'd probably have to be some kind of car/bench rather than actual carousel horses) You *think* it's a carousel, but then the horses start to dance around the room.

-Rob

jt04

So, starting with the basic concept of "carousel with screens", imagine what they could do if they plopped a carousel down in the middle of the finale room of Mystic Manor. You enter through the house, Mary has somehow stretched the nursery larger and put a carousel in the middle. It starts to rotate and the walls are suddenly magic. Some perhaps break away to show additional screens or a scene behind it.

Or less probable, to steal an idea from Universal, go the full Poseidon's Fury route and the nursery isnt screens but actual walls and the entire nursery disappears to reveal the screens beyond.

Something along those lines could open some interesting possibilities.

I did like the idea someone posted a few pages back of individual "horses" that operate like Luigi's in DCA. (Though they'd probably have to be some kind of car/bench rather than actual carousel horses) You *think* it's a carousel, but then the horses start to dance around the room.

-Rob

Good idea.

I've always been surprised Disney hasn't adapted the Poseidon Fury special effect in one of their attractions. I just think it would be cool to see what Imagineering could accomplish using it.

DisneyDreamerxyz

And it's apparently going to be based on the unneeded sequel. TDO disappoints again. :rolleyes::banghead:
Both movies are set in Cherry Tree Lane, both have Admiral Boom's house with a canon (you can see the canon going off in the preview video!) I don't think it's a big deal. If anything MPR is the reason it was greenlit. They've probably always wanted to add a Mary Poppins attraction but I could see it being a hard sell for a movie that came out in 1964. The new movie breathed life into the IP.

Sir_Cliff

Both movies are set in Cherry Tree Lane, both have Admiral Boom's house with a canon (you can see the canon going off in the preview video!) I don't think it's a big deal. If anything MPR is the reason it was greenlit. They've probably always wanted to add a Mary Poppins attraction but I could see it being a hard sell for a movie that came out in 1964. The new movie breathed life into the IP.
I would think they could blur the line and include elements from both films. They're likely not as concerned with timelines as in SWGE! It would seem strange if they didn't include any of the classic music from the original, but a mix of the two makes some sense. From all we know, we're just talking about a carousel with some screens and music anyway.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

Uh huh, and yet a ride based on a 1953 movie (Peter Pan's Flight) and a ride based on a 1946 movie (Splash Mountain) THAT DOESN'T EVEN GET SHOWN ANYMORE are two of the most popular rides at WDW. So yeah, your take doesn't hold water, I'm afraid. And how the hell does a lesser film "breathe new life" into the original?

Rich Brownn

Confirming that Iger really only wants monuments to himself in the parks. How ridiculous it's going to seem decades from now that there is no attraction for the classic original, but instead one for the unremarkable sequel.
Well, if you want to add any new live-action sequences for the ride, it will be easier with Emily rather than Julie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom