• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

stuart

Advertisement
How much would they charge for a full English though? It’s certainly not Weatherspoons prices.
You're not wrong there anyway.

gustaftp

No, but it’ll be Wetherspoons quality.
I went to visit my friend who moved out to the UK a few years ago. He advised I try Weatherspoons since they are almost a staple, similar to how we have Denny's in the states. But I felt disappointed in price, quality, service, and amount of food served. I had a better Full English Breakfast at the small cafe around the corner from my friend's flat.

I've generally had really good food experiences at EPCOT (especially at Restaurant Marrakesh!), so let's hope it isn't Wetherspoon's quality.

BrianLo

When you are representing nations in the small footprint of a national pavilion, One wants to use iconic pieces of their culture... Things that are easily understandable and internationally recognized. While I know that Tea comes from China, The United Kingdom is internationally known for their cultural embracement of tea and specifically in the ritual of Afternoon Tea. The discussion was about how great it would be to have an example of that internationally known and understood British tradition of Afternoon Tea... The post I remarked on was stating that there were already too many British/London references in the United Kingdom Pavilion... And that a British Tearoom should instead be in the Canada Pavilion...(as it was once under British Rule, but is no longer)...
Which seemed to me to be off the point of the UK Pavilion which we were discussing...
The United States was also once a colony of Britain, and there are many fine hotels around the country that serve Afternoon Tea, but within the context of the World Showcase, an Afternoon Tearoom would not seem appropriate in the American Pavilion either... Though, again, I do know that the tea traditionally came from China....
I'm in agreement with @Animaniac93-98

The suggestion isn't Canada is more known for tea than the UK... the suggestion is that's literally a staple of what the Canadian Fairmont hotels are known for. They essentially built the building that houses tearooms in the Canada Pavilion. One that usually accommodates the Royals when they tour through Canada. Something also current empty.

Fairmont Hotels actually say "afternoon tea" to me more than the current UK Pavilion. I've had Afternoon Tea in them (Empress, Banff Springs). I appreciate if you don't have knowledge of the brand, but we do.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
I went to visit my friend who moved out to the UK a few years ago. He advised I try Weatherspoons since they are almost a staple, similar to how we have Denny's in the states. But I felt disappointed in price, quality, service, and amount of food served. I had a better Full English Breakfast at the small cafe around the corner from my friend's flat.

I've generally had really good food experiences at EPCOT (especially at Restaurant Marrakesh!), so let's hope it isn't Wetherspoon's quality.
Wasn’t in London was it? It’s generally more expensive for the same thing at a Weatherspoons down there. We usually have their full English as a treat and really enjoy it.

gustaftp

Wasn’t in London was it? It’s generally more expensive for the same thing at a Weatherspoons down there. We usually have their full English as a treat and really enjoy it.
It was at Victoria Station. It may not be fair for me to judge an entire chain off one experience, but that was my first impression.

Ironically, my friend told me that Nando’s was overpriced and overrated, but I loved it — how cheeky! :happy:

trainplane3

Involving Tony would be one of the smartest things Disney has done in years to improve Epcot.
I have an odd feeling Tony wouldn't deal with whatever the mandate for new Epcot is and just walk out anyways. Probably one of the reasons why he's not involved in the company anymore, he wants to do his own thing like back in the WED days. (and probably because DLP wasn't the massive success they wanted, they bumped him out slowly)

Duffman72

It's a fine substitute. The only reason it isn't called bourbon is because it's made in Tennessee, not Kentucky.
Jack Daniel’s is not bourbon because before their barrel it, it is mellowed through maple charcoal. Bourbon can be made in any state as long as it follows the rules set forth by the US government.

High West and Heaven’s Door are examples of bourbons not made in Kentucky.

wannabeBelle

I have an odd feeling Tony wouldn't deal with whatever the mandate for new Epcot is and just walk out anyways. Probably one of the reasons why he's not involved in the company anymore, he wants to do his own thing like back in the WED days. (and probably because DLP wasn't the massive success they wanted, they bumped him out slowly)
Also true. Marie

deWild

The design lead that did FEA had a lot of TOny Baxter/Old Disney Dark Ride Style.. It was very nicely done, especially the queue area...If they are going to use the same designer, I am sure it will turn out beautiful...but WHAT is it??
From what I’ve gathered, the attraction will be C or D ticket-esque. I don’t have time to go through the multiple pages of comments, but I remember there being a post saying it could be a flat ride. I don’t remember if there’s a post confirming this to be a dark ride. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if this is simply the addition of Cherry Tree Lane with a meet and greet for Mary & Bert.

Top Bottom