News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

wannabeBelle

This should give you a good idea about what is new and what is existing. In that concept, the only thing that is truly "new" are the three building facads for the Cherry Tree lane homes. Everything else is already there. You can also see that once they add those three building facades, there isn't much room behind them without impeding on access roads around the World Showplace.

View attachment 402211
Thank you so much CL, this is perfect and I completely understand it. I do fear for this as there isnt a lot of space to deal with in back of that area unless they go over the access roads and into other areas which seems really unlikely. It is a shame though, as this could be something truly great using either of the two Mary films or a combination of the two. I hope they surprise us all. Marie

Mike S

This should give you a good idea about what is new and what is existing. In that concept, the only thing that is truly "new" are the three building facads for the Cherry Tree lane homes. Everything else is already there. You can also see that once they add those three building facades, there isn't much room behind them without impeding on access roads around the World Showplace.

View attachment 402211
Nix the maze and they can wrap a building there for an old Fantasyland style ride...

gerarar

Premium Member
Just noticed in this IG post Disney made, there's people on the second level looking at some stuff 🤔. #houseTour

Sped2424

It was a sequel.

Everything in the art points to MPR.

Here's Jack and MP from MPR with a balloon...

View attachment 402096

The Mary in the poster is from MPR. The kite is the patched up kite from MPR....

View attachment 402097
I am fine with the land being focused on the sequel. I will say this MPR was the best live action musical I have seen since Enchanted and Chicago I loved it that freaking much.

gerarar

Premium Member
In returns that is the “nursery” area where jack and poppins talk, and the kids break the bowl. Where they then enter the Royal dalton bowl. Maybe that means something...
Oooh that got me thinking... What if it's a flying-type attraction, similar to Peter Pan. You "take off" from the second floor and fly!!
One can dream.. 😅

DisneyDreamerxyz

I was just thinking that I guess it makes sense this has taken longer to get off the ground since they are developing a new ride, the first ever ride based on the Mary Poppins IP.

Ratatouille is a clone so that was an easy sell. I'm excited for the France expansion to open, but that was announced in 2017. I don't want to wait 2 more years for the new UK expansion.

I really hope we see construction starting by the end of this year.

Magenta Panther

Oh, if it's going to be based on the unnecessary sequel, then eff this ride. That would be like building a Wizard of Oz ride but basing it on the awful Return to Oz flick instead of the original 1939 film. Man, Iger's hatred for classic Disney knows no bounds.

Yet another letdown from D23!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom