News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

bclane

Due to eventual cuts in the budget, it will just be a children’s chimney playground

;)
Fear not, fan outrage over the budget cuts will eventually result in posters of soot and multiple CMs along with a track playing bad cockney accents throughout the playground. There will be no Mary Poppins music however as this will be a completely immersive experience.

Edit: yes I do love SWGE but I couldn’t resist and now I’ve made myself a bit melancholy and I don’t know why. Lol!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Put me in the Mary Poppins Returns was a good film camp. No, it's not the masterpiece the original was, but it was a worthy sequel. I was a little critical of the premise until someone pointed out it was generally in line with the books. I catch myself humming the tunes sometimes.
I don't remember any of the tunes. But then, I've only seen it once.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Gotta be honest here, I'm with the new guy on these. I'll watch this "live action" remakes once or twice, but I'm showing my kids the "real" movies.

I'm the same way. Although seeing the "live action remakes once or twice" is one or two times more than I will. I saw BatB in the theater, and that was it for me. I have zero interest in the "live action remakes" anymore.

MPR was decent enough. Ms. Blunt was quite good. Not a fan of Lin Miranda... whatever his name is, though. I hope whatever this ride eventually is, it encompasses a healthy dose of the original movie while throwing in a few nods to the sequel.

Magenta Panther

So let's see, Iger builds two massive underwhelming Star Wars lands and is planning a Star Wars hotel with a hefty price tag, making it inaccessible to most guests...

...while Mary Poppins, Walt's crown jewel film, which was a massive worldwide hit, was nominated for 13 Oscars - the most for ANY Disney film, and which won 5...gets a carousel.

A dinky carousel. With likely no theming around it. No Cherry Tree Lane. No Admiral Boom. Just...a carousel.

Well, I guess that's pretty good for Iger, who hates Disney, thinks of Walt as "that old dead guy" and his films as "that old junk"...

...but he's still a pig. Thank god he's getting tons of bad press right now. Not entirely for ALL the right reasons, but he's getting slammed, and that's so gratifying to see.

I doubt that anything D23 announces will interest me, from the speculation I've read. Epcot gets some pretty new landscaping, whee! And more festival stuff and bars and lots of other things that aren't attractions. Spaceship Earth will probably get turned into a Death Star (why not?). MAYBE Figment will come back (not hoping much for Dreamfinder, who TDO hates for some reason). We'll see. Hope to be surprised. But I doubt it.

bclane

Was it announced and I missed it?
Not yet as far as I know, but a little bird told me that instead of a ride, it might actually be a Mary Poppins “Spoon Full of Sugar Medicine Stand.” Possible flavors are lime cordial and strawberry for $7.50 a spoon full and Mary’s favorite, rrrrrum punch for only $17.00 (for all you party animals). This should be taken as a rumor only at this point so please don’t get too excited.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom