News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

thequeuelinelectures

I based it on the description I read for the ride on here https://dtimes.jp/tokyo-disney-sea-2022-project/

I'd always figured that ride was using flight of passage tech, had heard that at some point too, but you're right that they call it a boat. If it's not a flying theater of some kind I'd expect it to be Shanghai pirates ride. Just replace the sections of going underwater with screens that make it seem like you're soaring into the air to neverland and then splashing down there

WDWbuff2001

Never let it be said I can't put 2 and 2 together. Big PP = Big D*** and **** Van D*ke is over 6 feet tall. That coupled with the fake accent he has during the movie means that we're getting an attraction that revolves around Bert. Further, since Mary Poppins takes place in 1910, we can safely assume that Bert is deceased. Finally, we know that we'll be sitting on carousel horses. Thus, I believe this will be a reanimated zombie adventure shoot 'em up where we, the carousel riders, are armed with shotguns and have to shoot the encroaching zombie horde led by Bert while "Feed the Birds" plays gently in the background.

Last time I checked. This isn't Universal. We still use animatronics:cool:

MouseMelly

If I can fly with it, then I’ll pay that!
5362C53D-FCD1-4D98-A11B-D0F3D173FB5D.gif

Magenta Panther

(Best fake east end accent)

Mary PoPPins.

You're imitating the Guy Who Played Bert rather than the Guy Who Played Jack? Because while both guys suck at Brit accents, the former was still superior to the latter when it comes to appeal and characterization.

I hope any new PoPPins ride will reflect the original film rather than the unwanted, unneeded follow-up.

HauntedMansionFLA

You're imitating the Guy Who Played Bert rather than the Guy Who Played Jack? Because while both guys suck at Brit accents, the former was still superior to the latter when it comes to appeal and characterization.

I hope any new PoPPins ride will reflect the original film rather than the unwanted, unneeded follow-up.
Tried to love the new movie. It was okay. Emily Blunt did a good job. The original is a classic and hopefully gets its due.

Cmdr_Crimson

Tried to love the new movie. It was okay. Emily Blunt did a good job. The original is a classic and hopefully gets its due.
I agree even the animation sequence was outsourced and none of the songs are memorable...I was not a fan...However, I still think Angela Landsbury's cameo as the balloon lady was just a Miss Price Bedknobs and Broomsticks crossover we wanted to see...Who else can use witchery to cast people to the sky with balloons....Think about it.........
latest

Last edited:

HmmmmmMMMmm

MPR will never be a beloved movie.
Just like the live-action remakes of Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Aladdin, Dumbo, Jungle Book, and The Lion King will never be beloved movies.
Just like Little Mermaid, Mulan, and all the other lazy/lifeless/joyless nostalgia grabs they're making in the coming years will never be beloved movies.
The public has caught on to Disney's grift with these films and they will be considered, no an artistic level, the Direct-To-DVD sequels of the Iger age.
Basing an attraction, even a cheap and lazy carousel, on the new film rather than the old film would be a terrible decision.
Does that mean they won't do it?
Of course not.
Get ready for an Emily Blunt and Lin Manuel Miranda safety spiel as you get on and off a carousel.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The public has caught on to Disney's grift with these films and they will be considered, no an artistic level, the Direct-To-DVD sequels of the Iger age.

Funny, the two billion dollar remakes of Aladdin and the Lion King tells a different story about what the public has caught onto. But, keep spinning your opinion in the face of contradictory facts.

Sir_Cliff

Funny, the two billion dollar remakes of Aladdin and the Lion King tells a different story about what the public has caught onto. But, keep spinning your opinion in the face of contradictory facts.
Exactly. I am indifferent to them (still haven't bothered to see the Aladdin and Lion King remakes) and suspect they will fade from memory relative to the animated originals. Still, it's hard to argue the public is giving any sign of being tired of them. Outside of Marvel, they seem to be about the surest bet Disney has these days of absolutely raking it in at the box office.

HmmmmmMMMmm

You defense is no defense. It's just more opinion and wishful thinking.
I repeat the question: Why do you care enough to pick an argument if I don't think these properties will continue to be beloved and then act like something's wrong with me when I defend my position? And duh, it's an opinion. Just like your thoughts on the matter are an opinion.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I repeat the question: Why do you care enough to pick an argument if I don't think these properties will continue to be beloved and then act like something's wrong with me when I defend my position? And duh, it's an opinion. Just like your thoughts on the matter are an opinion.

I quoted a fact of box office. And the results of polling the audience back up the box office take. That's not a personal opinion. You say people will not like it. There's demonstrable proof you're wrong.

RSoxNo1

I quoted a fact of box office. And the results of polling the audience back up the box office take. That's not a personal opinion. You say people will not like it. There's demonstrable proof you're wrong.
Gotta be honest here, I'm with the new guy on these. I'll watch this "live action" remakes once or twice, but I'm showing my kids the "real" movies.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
MPR will never be a beloved movie.
Just like the live-action remakes of Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Aladdin, Dumbo, Jungle Book, and The Lion King will never be beloved movies.
Just like Little Mermaid, Mulan, and all the other lazy/lifeless/joyless nostalgia grabs they're making in the coming years will never be beloved movies.
Basing an attraction, even a cheap and lazy carousel, on the new film rather than the old film would be a terrible decision.
Does that mean they won't do it?
Of course not.
Get ready for an Emily Blunt and Lin Manuel Miranda safety spiel as you get on and off a carousel.
Wait, what? But it already is, so there is that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom