News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

flyerjab

You don't have to see the movie to appreciate the land. It's an incredible land. Most folks don't walk through it saying "god I hate this land because the movie sucked!"

It's almost like some folks are bitter they actually did a good job.

Preach! For me, when all is said and done, I will probably still appreciate the aesthetics of Pandora more than SW:GE.

flyerjab

Put me in the Mary Poppins Returns was a good film camp. No, it's not the masterpiece the original was, but it was a worthy sequel. I was a little critical of the premise until someone pointed out it was generally in line with the books. I catch myself humming the tunes sometimes.

I agree. MPR was a fantastic film. We have watched it multiple times. And we also enjoy the soundtrack.

Magenta Panther

The popularity of a remake doesn’t even have to be tied to nostalgia. I’ve never seen the original Aladdin (although hubby says we still have a VHS copy and the kids watched it a thousand times), and yet I saw the live action version at the theatres six times this summer.

It wasn’t nostalgia pulling me back into the theatres, it was a visually stunning movie, likeable characters, great acting, catchy tunes, and mostly Will Smith’s portrayal of Genie.

I’ve since seen dozens of side by side comparisons of Robin Williams’ Genie to Will Smith’s Genie on YT, and I’ll say it again ... Robin who?

Yeesh.

Be content with your ignorance.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Yeesh.

Be content with your ignorance.
To each their own.

I also saw TLJ five times in the theatre, and dozens of times at home. Best movie in the franchise. 😘

Here, I’ll save you the facepalm search:
B0F1DDC5-279B-494B-828A-09F291A1FB2E.jpeg

Hollywood 1939

I watched MPR for the first time this past week on a flight; terrible idea, I ended up crying during one of the songs, which caused the lady sitting next to me to ask if I was okay.
I personally loved it. The original will always be superior to me, but I thought it was well-done sequel and faithful to both the source material and the Disney version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom