• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

zakattack99

Advertisement
Did you expect a cash wager? Been burnt by sharing info about this mercurial company before. I always suggest waiting until a structure actually goes vertical.

Oh come on its not like Disney has announced a project and not gone through with it... Ok well it's not like they have put up construction walls and started ground clearing and canncled the project....

Thanks for the info, hope they follow through and it happens. As a Big Mary Poppins fan I am excited to see an attraction with her going forward.

Sirwalterraleigh

Egg is on their (and our) faces now. In 2005 they could build rides that today cost $300,000,000 for $100,000,000. So to make up for being lazy 10 years ago, they get to spend billions to bring us attractions we should have gotten annually in the 2000s, but due to absurd budgets, they still aren’t building enough new rides.
All that's being built now is just to make up for the lost decade...that's all that it is...

All the people salivating for rides "for the 50th"...that's not what this is at all. It's damage control as bob parachutes away. Don't take my word for it...watch as it unfolds.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

With the discussion on Epcot's attraction approach shifting from the real becomes fantastic and the fantastic becomes real (basically blending the approach with Magic Kingdom) it's interesting to see where Mary Poppins falls. One could argue that Mary Poppins as a movie is the ultimate "Real becomes Fantastic" concept, but I'm not sure what tie to British culture a Mary Poppins ride would have.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
By Disney? No.

By our insiders? Yes. And just now, as a dark ride.

Not a huge surprise but I did hear today that a Mary Poppins dark ride has been approved and work begins within 6 months. We will see if they stay the course here.
But remember, Disney has canceled things they've announce and even started working on. So...

HauntedMansionFLA

By Disney? No.

By our insiders? Yes. And just now, as a dark ride.

But remember, Disney has canceled things they've announce and even started working on. So...
I’m assuming it will be in line with the new movie since they went that route with Star Wars. I will wait till the movie comes out to form an opinion. Emily Blunt has some guts taking on a beloved character and making it her own.

nickys

Premium Member
That’s how they roll on this site. Just like a weatherman, partly sunny with a chance of rain.
And with a much, much higher rate of success than any other site.

D23 last year was a case in point. Not sure there was anything announced that hadn't had a discussion on here for months before. Heck, they even used the gondola map drawn up and posted here by "our" guys!

jaxonp

And with a much, much higher rate of success than any other site.

D23 last year was a case in point. Not sure there was anything announced that hadn't had a discussion on here for months before. Heck, they even used the gondola map drawn up and posted here by "our" guys!
Wasn’t the theater a surprise?

Top Bottom