News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

RSoxNo1

With the discussion on Epcot's attraction approach shifting from the real becomes fantastic and the fantastic becomes real (basically blending the approach with Magic Kingdom) it's interesting to see where Mary Poppins falls. One could argue that Mary Poppins as a movie is the ultimate "Real becomes Fantastic" concept, but I'm not sure what tie to British culture a Mary Poppins ride would have.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

By Disney? No.

By our insiders? Yes. And just now, as a dark ride.

Not a huge surprise but I did hear today that a Mary Poppins dark ride has been approved and work begins within 6 months. We will see if they stay the course here.

But remember, Disney has canceled things they've announce and even started working on. So...

HauntedMansionFLA

By Disney? No.

By our insiders? Yes. And just now, as a dark ride.

But remember, Disney has canceled things they've announce and even started working on. So...
I’m assuming it will be in line with the new movie since they went that route with Star Wars. I will wait till the movie comes out to form an opinion. Emily Blunt has some guts taking on a beloved character and making it her own.

nickys

Premium Member
That’s how they roll on this site. Just like a weatherman, partly sunny with a chance of rain.

And with a much, much higher rate of success than any other site.

D23 last year was a case in point. Not sure there was anything announced that hadn't had a discussion on here for months before. Heck, they even used the gondola map drawn up and posted here by "our" guys!

jaxonp

D23 last year was a case in point. Not sure there was anything announced that hadn't had a discussion on here for months before. Heck, they even used the gondola map drawn up and posted here by "our" guys!

Wasn’t the theater a surprise?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

No, they didn't use a fan's map for the gondola. The map they showed at D23 had an artist's rendering of what the Riviera plat was going to look like, which was unknown to us at the time.

Scrooged24/7

Sorry, but a Mary Poppins IP attraction is a terrible choice for this pavilion. Brave IMO was a far better choice. There is nothing in this area that represents my country, apart from the odd bit of Tartan. I suppose Welsh and Irish visitors feel the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom