• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Magicart87

Well Known Member
Premium Member
Would a Mary Poppins darkride be held to the same standard as the movie? I ask this somewhat tongue in cheek but it's kinda my only fear. If they were to add a darkride what would it consist of? A play by play of the entire movie, book-report style? The only issue with that is it's already been proven difficult to accomplish; just look at Mermaid. ( a darkride not held to the standard of it's source material)

Clearly it's challenging for Imagineers to balance story and ride duration while simultaneously juggling musical numbers that have to seamlessly transition from scene to scene. I'm probably over-thinking it but I'm not yet convinced we'll get a practically-perfect Baxter-esque Jolly Holiday darkride. Seems too ambitious for current TDO, imo.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

I think a Poppins dark ride would be perfect for this part of the park. The real question is will it be the original Poppins or the new Poppins, or maybe both? The new movie is a sequel not a remake. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
I'll take anything at this point...but it stinks that these are magic kingdom or studio type rides...not Epcot.

Top Bottom