Anna and Elsa Moving to Fairy Tale Hall

cw1982

True enough :)

People waiting is all personal preference. I would not wait three hours to ride Soarin but people do, and that is fine. Others would not wait 3 hours to do a M&G and thats fine as well. As we all know everybody does WDW differently.

Exactly.

Just like how some will pay $70/couple plus tax and tips for an Epcot Wind Down, while others... lol! ;)

And, just like @Andys2992 pointed out, hopefully that will mean shorter waits for those of us who are choosing to not use our time waiting for M&G's, so that works nicely for me.

Arty Cordova

Exactly.

Just like how some will pay $70/couple plus tax and tips for an Epcot Wind Down, while others... lol! ;)

And, just like @Andys2992 pointed out, hopefully that will mean shorter waits for those of us who are choosing to not use our time waiting for M&G's, so that works nicely for me.

The Epcot wind down is disturbing. I confirmed that even if you have extra magic hours like I will have May 16, you still need these "reservations" if you want to grab a beef at rose and crown after illuminations.

BigTxEars

Exactly.

It will spread out the crowd some for sure.

And yeah that $70 has to be the most controversial $70 I ever spent :) It has more like $500 of controversy attached to it :)

cw1982

The Epcot wind down is disturbing. I confirmed that even if you have extra magic hours like I will have May 16, you still need these "reservations" if you want to grab a beef at rose and crown after illuminations.

Yeah, but that's just if you want to go to a sit-down lounge. The kiosks that are open the same hours as WS should still be open. Rose and Crown takes ADR's anyway so I was never guaranteed a chance to go there without ADR's in the first place.

I actually think the people who have ADR's for the Epcot thing will mean me having fewer people to wait in line with if I want to buy a drink at a kiosk, so I don't mind them going to a lounge if they want lol. I was just teasing @BigTxEars because there's a big debate going on about that on another thread, and he got caught in the middle of that.

jt04

Exactly.

This is why I never understood folks complaining about M&Gs. The more there are and the more elaborate they are the better. Especially at the MK.

Soon they will be able to make parks like DHS a bit more edgy or thrilling along the lines of ToT or RnRC if they choose.

Poor DL does not have that option.

bhg469

This is why I never understood folks complaining about M&Gs. The more there are and the more elaborate they are the better. Especially at the MK.

Soon they will be able to make parks like DHS a bit more edgy or thrilling along the lines of ToT or RnRC if they choose.

Poor DL does not have that option.
Will they? I think this give sthem more reason to do the opposite. Attract more young families who will wait in lines and pay gate fees just to meet princesses. Its not like the people are going to the parks for attractions are spending more money.

Kman101

More edgy? LOL. I doubt that. Considering the on-again/off-again *rumor* of a Princess gathering at EPCOT ... I'd say bhg is correct in them wanting to go the opposite direction

jt04

Will they? I think this give sthem more reason to do the opposite. Attract more young families who will wait in lines and pay gate fees just to meet princesses. Its not like the people are going to the parks for attractions are spending more money.

I think they will. I have been saying this for a long time and everything indicates it. I believe the reason DAK was approved for the next big expansion was to draw guests to the opposite end of the property from the MK. I also believe that while DAK will still obviously appeal to families, Pandora will likely be built primarily for an older demographic.

Over time I think you will see the parks skewed to different demographics while still offering something for everyone. Everyone likes to say that Disney only plans for the next quarter but that is off the mark. I am convinced they have very long range strategeries. And they have to be planned way ahead because such a vision takes a long time and tons of capital.

I don't think anyone can judge at this point the upper limits of the tourist capacity of central Florida. So I think expansion could be in the cards for a long long time. It just so happens that right now Uni is doing the bulk of it and Disney is in more of a 'wait and see' mode. It is just a matter of time before WDW responds if the market is robust enough. And I think it will be.

IMO.

mimitchi33

I didn't know where to post this, so mods feel free to move it. :) It's re Frozen, and I like it. I know it's not Jim, but I like this guy too.

That's awesome!

I feel sorry for the people who don't have FastPass+ who wanted to meet Anna and Elsa before 5:30, but couldn't. I want to meet them the next time I go, depending on the wait.

bhg469

I think they will. I have been saying this for a long time and everything indicates it. I believe the reason DAK was approved for the next big expansion was to draw guests to the opposite end of the property from the MK. I also believe that while DAK will still obviously appeal to families, Pandora will likely be built primarily for an older demographic.

Over time I think you will see the parks skewed to different demographics while still offering something for everyone. Everyone likes to say that Disney only plans for the next quarter but that is off the mark. I am convinced they have very long range strategeries. And they have to be planned way ahead because such a vision takes a long time and tons of capital.

I don't think anyone can judge at this point the upper limits of the tourist capacity of central Florida. So I think expansion could be in the cards for a long long time. It just so happens that right now Uni is doing the bulk of it and Disney is in more of a 'wait and see' mode. It is just a matter of time before WDW responds if the market is robust enough. And I think it will be.

IMO.
I would love for that to be true, I just feel like any projects that had any allure to them were downgraded. I think pandora should be nice because if it sin't they are going to ruin that park. I just feel like everything we eventually get is taken down a few notches.. Thats both orlando resorts but i just think universal is doing it to a lesser degree.

jt04

I would love for that to be true, I just feel like any projects that had any allure to them were downgraded. I think pandora should be nice because if it sin't they are going to ruin that park. I just feel like everything we eventually get is taken down a few notches.. Thats both orlando resorts but i just think universal is doing it to a lesser degree.

You may be right. However the FLE was improved according to many and Carsland seems to be about what was promised so the creatives seem to be having more success holding to their visions which is a good sign. And Potter 1&2 seem to be reinforcing the cost effectiveness of not allowing financial types to ruin projects. Hopefully Potter 2 brings in a lot of money because that will get the attention of those that matter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom