An unofficial April 2008 thread!

sbkline

I didn't want to flatter myself by thinking I'm important enough to be able to use the word "official" in any of my thread topics, but as I'm sitting here bored at home on my day off, I thought I'd see who else is going in April.

I know it's 8 long months away, but I thought it would be neat to see who all is going and maybe we could arrange some meetings...either a big group meeting, or just a bunch of one on one meetings among different people who are going to be there at the same time.

I'm planning for April 13-21. What about anyone else?

JxnMan20

3 weeks from Friday for me!!!

April 11-17 at Pop. Finally taking my first solo trip and can't wait! Total freedom for 5 whole days in Disney....seems like a dream!

Upvote 0

tobedard

Unofficially April 22-May 1. Might be driving, but am holding out for a Southwest Ding out of Hartford. The 22nd is mid vacation week so I'm hoping for a good flight for my family and I.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Well, it turns out my first solo trip will be a half-solo trip :lol:

My mom has decided to join me halfway through, with my dad coming down a day before I leave. When I check out, they're heading to CBR and then onto St. Pete for the remainder of their trip.

I'm not too sure how I feel about it. My dad had some health problems this winter that prevented them from "snowbirding" this year as they usually do, so they both need a good vacation, if you know what I mean. My parents and I get along great, but on the other hand, I was really looking forward to being on my own and doing my own thing. My mom says to go ahead and do what I had planned but now I feel kind of obligated to ask her what she wants to do and ditch my plans.

Then again, it will just be me for the first 3 days, and then me and my mom for the next 3 days, and my dad for the final night.

Arrgh ... I feel guilty about feeling this way. Am I wrong? :brick:

Upvote 0

mickhyperion

I learned a while back, if I'm planning a solo trip, I tell no one my plans except the friend feeding my cat while I'm gone. I like going with friends and family, but if I've planned a trip by myself I feel reluctant to compromise that alone time. When I'm with other people, the experience becomes more about being with them than being at WDW. When I'm on my own, the trip is all about the World - immersing myself in it and taking in as much detail as I can. Definitely two different experiences and mindsets. Most people couldn't take that kind of solo trip ("too lonely"), but if you're someone who enjoys it, it's hard to compromise when you've been looking forward to it.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

I learned a while back, if I'm planning a solo trip, I tell no one my plans except the friend feeding my cat while I'm gone. I like going with friends and family, but if I've planned a trip by myself I feel reluctant to compromise that alone time. When I'm with other people, the experience becomes more about being with them than being at WDW. When I'm on my own, the trip is all about the World - immersing myself in it and taking in as much detail as I can. Definitely two different experiences and mindsets. Most people couldn't take that kind of solo trip ("too lonely"), but if you're someone who enjoys it, it's hard to compromise when you've been looking forward to it.

I wish I could have "hid" my trip but as a single parent, I can't :lol: My parents had to know because they're watching my son for the first two nights as my ex-husband has to work.

Now that I've slept on it, ahh ... I'm going to Disney World! And that's all that counts :)

Upvote 0

hankhill

Lucky 13!

April 26 to May 3....The house is rented, the car is reserved the planes are fueling......And my Mother In Law is coming..:confused:!

13th trip to the world and cannot wait. DW is going crazy with countdown fever. PPP on the 2nd. Fireworks cruise and Hoop Dee Doo also booked for this trip.

Maybe I will book the mother in law as the next ghost in the Mansion (damn internal monologue)

Cant wait to see all. For all traveling soon be safe and be patient!

Upvote 0

TwoTigersMom

Now that I've slept on it, ahh ... I'm going to Disney World! And that's all that counts :)

Great attitude to have!! :sohappy:

April 26 to May 3....The house is rented, the car is reserved the planes are fueling......And my Mother In Law is coming..:confused:!

13th trip to the world and cannot wait. DW is going crazy with countdown fever. PPP on the 2nd. Fireworks cruise and Hoop Dee Doo also booked for this trip.

Maybe I will book the mother in law as the next ghost in the Mansion (damn internal monologue)

Cant wait to see all. For all traveling soon be safe and be patient!

I'll be there during your stay as well. Last December, we took my inlaws for the first time and I felt just like you do now. My MIL had never really seen eye to eye about most anything. She's been behaving herself a little better for the last year or so. Before we went I told myself this...

... I'm going to Disney World! And that's all that counts :)

and we had a great trip! To be honest, I really enjoyed the time we spent with my MIL (just don't tell her that :lookaroun).

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Shouldn't I have gotten my luggage tags and stuff by now? We check in three weeks from this coming Sunday, which means that we are 23 days out today. I figured surely I'd get it this week. :shrug:

Mail hasn't come yet today, though, so maybe it will get here today. By booking through Kingdom Konsultants this year, does that mean it gets sent to them first and they then send it to me?

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Do you get mail today? Here, everything "government" is closed for Good Friday.

Did you book directly with Disney or a TA?

If directly, I got my DME tags about 40 days out. I got the rest of my package (vouchers etc) about 3 weeks out. I would call about the DME tags and wait another week for the package (if that's what you booked).

If with a TA, I would give them a call. From my own experiences, we usually received everything from the TA in one chunk, usually 2 weeks out.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Do you get mail today? Here, everything "government" is closed for Good Friday.

Did you book directly with Disney or a TA?

If directly, I got my DME tags about 40 days out. I got the rest of my package (vouchers etc) about 3 weeks out. I would call about the DME tags and wait another week for the package (if that's what you booked).

If with a TA, I would give them a call. From my own experiences, we usually received everything from the TA in one chunk, usually 2 weeks out.

Ya, we got mail today. Unfortunately, it didn't come today either.

I booked through Kingdom Konsultants, but I'm not using DME. We're driving down so we have no need for that.

Upvote 0

skeeder

Clear this up for me - What tags are you talking about? Obviously not DME luggage tags. Are you talking about the plastic Disney tag with a plastic loop so you can put it on your luggage (if that makes sense)? :wave:

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Clear this up for me - What tags are you talking about? Obviously not DME luggage tags. Are you talking about the plastic Disney tag with a plastic loop so you can put it on your luggage (if that makes sense)? :wave:

Ya, those are the tags I'm talking about. Last year when we got 3 or 4 weeks out from our trip, we got a packet in the mail from Disney. It contained 2 luggage tags, a meal voucher for Planet Hollywood which we didn't use, a 10 dollar voucher for mini-golf, and the letter telling us they're looking forward to seeing us, etc.

We really don't have any need for two more luggage tags, but it's just the excitement of getting that packet in the mail and knowing the trip is just around the corner. And I could have sworn last year we got it when we were 30 someodd days out, although I could be wrong. Sunday will be 21 days and I still haven't gotten it yet and it's getting kinda frustrating. LOL

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Got it in the mail yesterday!

Now, all that's left is to buy a few more things for the trip, then wait out the next 15 days. Leaving bright and early the morning of April 12th!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom