An Official September 2008 thread

Mickey&Minnie

Like everyone else we are waiting on the phone waiting ever so patiently.

Just wanted to know who else is going in September and taking part in the free dining offer.

nibblesandbits

Well, I guess I can now add myself. Going down Sept. 21-25. Getting to see the Adv. Club on last time. :( Staying at Pop...not doing free dining, b/c I only booked my trip a few days ago. But that's alright. There's always next year for free dining. :)

Upvote 0

Cheshire413

We're heading down Sept 6th-13th and staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort to celebrate our 4 yr anniversary. (we honeymooned and did our 1st year there too :p) We booked through AAA so we wouldn't have that many headaches and we tried making dining reservations since we have the dining plan but we couldn't get any at all. Since we're going at an off season time and it's not that crowded, we're not going to really bother with them. We've never had an issue with it anyway.

Good luck to everyone going in Sept and have a great trip!

:wave:

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

We're heading down Sept 6th-13th and staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort to celebrate our 4 yr anniversary. (we honeymooned and did our 1st year there too :p) We booked through AAA so we wouldn't have that many headaches and we tried making dining reservations since we have the dining plan but we couldn't get any at all. Since we're going at an off season time and it's not that crowded, we're not going to really bother with them. We've never had an issue with it anyway.

Good luck to everyone going in Sept and have a great trip!

:wave:
Um...you might want to be warned, that Sept, is Free Dining month...I'd suggest you keep calling to try to get ressies, b/c otherwise I can pretty much guarnantee you won't get many, if any, walk ups. I would also take ANY ressie you can get at this point. I saw so many people being turned away last year b/c they didn't have any ressies. While crowdwise it's slower, the restaurants, most definitely, are not! Have a magical trip!

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

Only 29 more days for us. It was so cool that someone brought this thread back. I read my post from April right after I booked the trip....That seems so long ago.......I just cant believe September 6-10 is just around the corner. I get to experience this year with four teenagers ages 13-18 that have never been. WDW/POFQ....HERE WE COME:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

Cheshire413

Um...you might want to be warned, that Sept, is Free Dining month...I'd suggest you keep calling to try to get ressies, b/c otherwise I can pretty much guarnantee you won't get many, if any, walk ups. I would also take ANY ressie you can get at this point. I saw so many people being turned away last year b/c they didn't have any ressies. While crowdwise it's slower, the restaurants, most definitely, are not! Have a magical trip!

We have been but we're not worrying about it. We'll find somewhere to eat because I doubt that people are going to be turned away because they don't have reservations and we don't mind having to wait a little while for a walk-in. And if one is full, then we'll go somewhere else. Why worry about it? Worrying causes wrinkles and it's a vacation. It's supposed to be fun!

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

I'm another one of the September visitors.... Myself and my partner are heading down September 13-21st and staying at POFQ, and we're on the free dining plan.

I'm one of those crazy planners... our ADRs were done at the 180 day mark, and we even have daily itineraries planned out. If nothing else, it helps us from staring at the map and arguing what to do next! While I'm willing to 'wing it' on a trip to the beach, with so much to see and do at Disney, I just can't see doing it without a plan.

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

So for all us September WDW travelers - what are you doing during the countdown to pump up the Disney Magic?

We went through our collection of animated & live action Disney Films and wrote out a list to watch 1 each day until we leave - which we start next Friday (39 movies - how can this be?). We have also been playing Disney games & putting together Disney puzzles. I also hit the internet to find any upcoming shows that have to deal with Disney.

Next weekend when we are kicking off our movie fest, we are having over our daughter's best friend who will be coming with us and planning on a Disney dinner and breakfast. I am going to try hunting up some Disney pasta at Dillon's and we will have a pasta bake with salad and pluto bone breadsticks and then mickey pancakes for breakfast!

Okay, so I'm crazy, but I'm hoping there is other crazy folks out there as well. (Please tell me there are? :lol:)

Upvote 0

sissa216

I'm down to 36 days now! :sohappy:
I'm excited because this is the first real vacation my husband and I have
taken by ourselves in 5 years (outside of local short trips and wdw vacations with my whole family)

Upvote 0

RebeccaMA

counting down the days

We'll be there at the same time, but staying off property, and bringing dd. LOL! 35 days though. Yippee....

September 12-September 20

I'm down to 36 days now! :sohappy:
I'm excited because this is the first real vacation my husband and I have
taken by ourselves in 5 years (outside of local short trips and wdw vacations with my whole family)

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

We are down to 20 days so we are getting everything together for the trip. That is definately making it move quicker!
We have started our Disney Movie every night thing and are all excited. The kids have went throught their pins and packed the ones they are planning on trading.
Can't believe I started out a 280 something days and it is already almost here! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

WOOOHOOOO!!! We got our Magical Express package today!!!! 36 more days to go!!! Anyone else get theirs yet?? I know its the same package as always but I love looking at it a million times before we go!!!!!

Upvote 0

sissa216

We'll be there at the same time, but staying off property, and bringing dd. LOL! 35 days though. Yippee....

September 12-September 20

Have fun!

WOOOHOOOO!!! We got our Magical Express package today!!!! 36 more days to go!!! Anyone else get theirs yet?? I know its the same package as always but I love looking at it a million times before we go!!!!!

We got ours yesterday...we're down to 36 days as well.
I've never used ME...I'm going to have to read through it today

Upvote 0

bluejasmine

Ill be on my honeymoon Sept 17th staying for the 1st time at SSR! Im so excited I normally stay at values.. To prepare for my trip Ive made all my ADR planned a schedule for touring the parks arranged some special suprises for future hubby and staying on all my disney boards! Im breaking out my disney themepark music and watching my faves like Mary Poppins, Peter Pan.. I told DF last night we will listen to nothing but disney music on the way down to wdw! He just smiled..

Upvote 0

LuxeMama

Haven't decided yet. We have the opportunity to go on Friday or Sunday night. I'm thinking Sunday might be less crowded.
I might wait to see what the weather might be like.
I know last year they had a very rainy September.

Are you getting dressed up???

Yay! Perhaps we will run into you two too. (A lot of "to" sounding words there ;) ) We'll be at ASMu on the 25th before we move to Poly and will be at MNSSHP on the 28th.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom