American Idol!

Uponastar

hcswingfield said:
Question: Is "Ribbon in the Sky" a really awful song to start with, or is it just one that is easily massacred by Idol contestants? It seems to get done constantly in the auditions, and always sounds incredibly bad.

I think it's just a very ambitious song to attempt.
Not everyone is Stevie Wonder.
Some people only think they are. :rolleyes:

Connor002

imagineer boy said:
Complete BS. Many of the people who auditioned should know what they're in for if they do bad. Surely all of the people auditioning have seen some of the past auditions shows right?

I'd just like to step in...

Just because it's done, and has been done before, doesn't means it's right.

Have a magical day...

Erika

Connor002 said:
I'd just like to step in...

Just because it's done, and has been done before, doesn't means it's right.

No, but it's what brings the ratings. Simon has a lot of fans out there.

The first season, I felt sorry for those people. But now I feel that they know what they are in for. It's a bit like showing up on Jerry Springer and being surprised when the audience turns on you.

I still think much of this early audition stuff is contrived. Anything to get on tv, right?

Connor002

Erika said:
No, but it's what brings the ratings. Simon has a lot of fans out there.

The first season, I felt sorry for those people. But now I feel that they know what they are in for. It's a bit like showing up on Jerry Springer and being surprised when the audience turns on you.

I still think much of this early audition stuff is contrived. Anything to get on tv, right?

I'm well aware of that, I just came in to point out that there are people who do not share the same views as Imagineer boy.

imagineer boy

Well, the only Disney songs that are really acceptable are the major songs of the movies ( like Beauty and the Beast, Can You feel the love tonite, Part of that world, ect. ). That one cow boy kid got past with the Elton John version of "Can you Feel the Love Tonight."

Connor002

Erika said:
:lol: Could you imagine their faces if you sang, ohhhh let's see, the song from Splash Mountain? "How do you do..."

"It's a small world after all, it's a small world afrter all..." :lookaroun

Erika

imagineer boy said:
Well, the only Disney songs that are really acceptable are the major songs of the movies ( like Beauty and the Beast, Can You feel the love tonite, Part of that world, ect. ). That one cow boy kid got past with the Elton John version of "Can you Feel the Love Tonight."

Yes... but a normal song like that would have ruined our joke :wave:

Fantasmic!329

This is from the link that Katie posted:
americanidol_cast2.jpg

Does it look like Simon was PhotoShopped in? :lol:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Erika said:
It's a bit like showing up on Jerry Springer and being surprised when the audience turns on you.
Or your girlfriend is leaving you for a Yeti...

Come on. How many makeover shows have you seen on Jerry Springer. If you are the other half of a relationship that gets called by the Springer show....you might as well realize you are married, dating, related to a freak...

Halfling418

Some people need a wake-up call....they also are made aware before they try out that there will be comments made, and it may be on television. I find it hilarious--what really hurts the horrible singers isn't the comments; it's the fact that they are on TV sounding ridiculous in front of millions of people. If they don't know they sound bad(or have scary dance moves :lol: ) before they go on, then they are delusional. The main point is--they go on of their own free will. If they can't take or are hurt by criticism, they shouldn't try out. No one is making them.

The only comments I think are really inappropriate are the ones Simon makes about weight--and it seems to only apply to girls(haven't heard too much of that this time though). Nevertheless, he's still my favorite. :D

Erika

Halfling418 said:
The only comments I think are really inappropriate are the ones Simon makes about weight--and it seems to only apply to girls(haven't heard too much of that this time though).

I agree.

imagineer boy

Wow, only eleven people made it to hollywood? Alot of them were pretty terrifying auditions. The return of the psychic lady was really funny.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
Yeah...I was pretty shocked about the 11 people number too! I would have thought a lot more would have gone. But truthfully, I have to agree that there didn't seem like a lot of "quality" auditions.

SpongeScott

nibblesandbits said:
Yeah...I was pretty shocked about the 11 people number too! I would have thought a lot more would have gone. But truthfully, I have to agree that there didn't seem like a lot of "quality" auditions.
Although we all like to see train wrecks, the auditions this year, to me, have been disappointing. Not one person has stood out from the rest of the group.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom