American Idol!

Uponastar

Comments about people's weight are so cruel.
He should just tell them what he thinks about their performance and get them out of there.
I can't stand to see the hurt on some of their faces.
They know what they look like. If he can't get past that, he should keep his opinions to himself.

Nemo14

I wonder about this too. Isn't there some kind of initial screening , or do all those thousands of people actually auditionn in front of Simon and crew?

nicholas

I believe there are two screenings before the three judges see a contestant. Only the very best and very worst make it that far I would imagine. Everyone who is just mediocre gets cut before that point, I'd imagine.

SpongeScott

hcswingfield said:
I got to thinking last night that as ultra-pleasant as I usually am :lol: , even I might start making rude comments if I had to sit in a chair all day and listen to really bad singers, some downright awful, who then wanted to argue with me about how much talent they really had. The number of really bad singers on the show makes me wonder about how bad the ones must have been who didn't even make it through the screening to get to sing in front of Simon, Paula and Randy!
I think you see the worst of the worst get through. Just a hunch. They make for good TV ratings.

SpongeScott

Uponastar said:
Comments about people's weight are so cruel.
He should just tell them what he thinks about their performance and get them out of there.
I can't stand to see the hurt on some of their faces.
They know what they look like. If he can't get past that, he should keep his opinions to himself.
Like it or not, that's Simon. And people will tune in to see what he has to say. Personally, I like Simon's honesty most of the time. These people that can't sing need to be told that.

MouseMadness

His honesty as it pertains to their singing is absolutely necessary, but his "honesty" about how they look, notsomuch. :-\

I felt so bad for the girl they let come back in a 2nd time, God bless her. :eek: Normally they don't tug at my heartstrings if they suck because they refuse to see it (and how can you NOT know when you're that bad!) but she knew, and admitted it.

Who was the kid they kept showing being such a self important doofus? :lol: OMG I can't wait til he's gone (And I don't think he'll last long... I think he'll be one of them who spends too much time partying and chasing girls and will not get done what he needs to do) I really really REALLY didn't like him. :lol:

SpongeScott

MouseMadness said:
His honesty as it pertains to their singing is absolutely necessary, but his "honesty" about how they look, notsomuch. :-\

I felt so bad for the girl they let come back in a 2nd time, God bless her. :eek: Normally they don't tug at my heartstrings if they suck because they refuse to see it (and how can you NOT know when you're that bad!) but she knew, and admitted it.

Who was the kid they kept showing being such a self important doofus? :lol: OMG I can't wait til he's gone (And I don't think he'll last long... I think he'll be one of them who spends too much time partying and chasing girls and will not get done what he needs to do) I really really REALLY didn't like him. :lol:
agree with everything you said.

I liked the music major from Texas A & M last night. He's got potential to go far.

Computer Magic

MouseMadness said:
I think he'll be one of them who spends too much time partying and chasing girls and will not get done what he needs to do) I really really REALLY didn't like him. :lol:
I was thinking the same thing. He won't take the contest seriously and forget the words to the songs.

It reminded me of some of those that did that last year. I can't wait for him to fall on his face :lookaroun

MouseMadness

Kaitlyn and I were really hoping he couldn't sing :lol: :mad: But, on the VERY slim chance he should make it to the final 12, is it? He'll be booted really quickly. :lol:

I said something about wanting to slap him silly, and Leah said "But mommy, you are not there." :lol: :eek: That'll teach me to make comments I think they aren't hearing. :eek:

Erika

MouseMadness said:

I hated that cocky --- and I was so mad he got through :lol:

Who are these girls who fall for that, anyway? :confused:

Computer Magic

Erika said:
I hated that cocky --- and I was so mad he got through :lol:

Who are these girls who fall for that, anyway? :confused:
There were two hanging on him there. THe one was the lady that came back twice. She gave him a big hug. I thought I can't believe you are falling all over that slim ball :lookaroun

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
nicholas said:
I believe there are two screenings before the three judges see a contestant. Only the very best and very worst make it that far I would imagine. Everyone who is just mediocre gets cut before that point, I'd imagine.
yeah...from what I hear, there are two screening processes that the contestants go through before they see the judges.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
Computer Magic said:
I was thinking the same thing. He won't take the contest seriously and forget the words to the songs.

It reminded me of some of those that did that last year. I can't wait for him to fall on his face :lookaroun
I said that too. That he wouldn't make it to the next round b/c you know he'd be one of the idiots partying the night before and forget the words.

GenerationX

I agree with nicholas and SpongeScott that the only ones that get through to Randy, Paula, and Simon are the best and the worst. The producers must love it when someone in the latter group thinks they're getting through as someone in the former group. Simon may appear to be nasty to these folks, but he is doing them a favor when he tells them to explore other careers.

Paula is actually coherent this year. What's up with that?

Dizknee_Phreek

GenerationX said:
Paula is actually coherent this year. What's up with that?
Hey, you're right! I hadn't thought about that!

Ya know, last year the judges annoyed the heck out of me. Except Simon. Randy's "yo dawg. You're in the dawg pound" crap got old fast. And Paula was just stupid. But this year everyone's cool. Randy has seemed to cool it with the "dawg" business, and I'm having a lot of fun watching his reactions to some of the auditions. Simon is great, as always, although some of his comments (about weight and braces) make me want to slap him. And I love how honest Paula is being this year.

In terms of talent, I've seen quite a few that I really like. But I remember very few of them. I guess it's hard to remember specific people when it's all spread out like it has been. I'll wait and pass judgement after the first Hollywood auditions. But I do remember the rocker guy from the first episode (I guess because he's been the only good rocker guy so far), and Paris. She's amazing. And the guy with the white hair...he's really intriguing to watch and I'm quite interested in seeing how far he goes.
My dad loved the white Michael Jackson impersonator, heh :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom