American Idol!

SpongeScott

hcswingfield said:
There was one hunky blond male country singer who had the voice, looks and personality to be a major country singer/heartthrob. Maybe he'll be this year's answer to Carrie Underwood?
I don't think that a country-type singer will win this year since Carrie won last year. I think "America" will go for a different sound.

I haven't seen anyone I've been overly impressed with yet.

imagineer boy

Oh yeah, there was that one girl who was the daughter of that famouse singer ( can't remember her name ) and she was the best of the auditions tonite IMO. She had such a pure voice.

The women who had kids at fifteen years old, I was happy for. Its so nice to see that even though she went through some hard times and married a bad man at a young age, she still managed to pull through and graduate from college! Now she's on American Idol. I was happy for her. Same for the girl who had the drunk father.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
hcswingfield said:
There was one hunky blond male country singer who had the voice, looks and personality to be a major country singer/heartthrob. Maybe he'll be this year's answer to Carrie Underwood?
Yes...I agree. I don't think America will choose another country singer just yet. However, that doesn't mean that he won't make it in music industry. If he doesn't make it on American Idol, I think he could possibly make it on country radio. I usually have a good ear for that type of thing.

lisahb

SpongeScott said:
I don't think that a country-type singer will win this year since Carrie won last year. I think "America" will go for a different sound.

I haven't seen anyone I've been overly impressed with yet.
i agree with sponge scott, haven't seen a whole lot of great singers yet!!!

Uponastar

I'm very impressed with Paris, the girl who sang Billie Holiday.
I'd like to see more rocker types. I really enjoyed Constantine and Bo last year.

imagineer boy

Fantasmic!329 said:
The girl with the squeaky voice, and the pink hat was cute. "I want this more than a whole bag of gummy bears" really cracked me up. :lol:

Was it just me, or did she sound exactly like Moaning Myrtle from the Harry Potter movies?

Erika

imagineer boy said:
Was it just me, or did she sound exactly like Moaning Myrtle from the Harry Potter movies?

I thought of that same actress! :lol: (Shirley Henderson-- and I think that's her real voice! She sounds the same in Bridget Jones.)

Computer Magic

Time for Idol. :sohappy:

I hear Simon has a fight with Randy and walks out.

I still think yesterday was the best when that terrible singer referenced Randy and Paula's DVD :lol:

Gota go

imagineer boy

Oh no, the psychic girl from last year is auditioning again in vegas! :lol:

As for the auditions today, some were really very good. That one girl that the judges praised was definately one of the best.

But man, that second kid was terrible with that high skweeky voice. Ugh!

It was also really funny when Simon asked that one girl's boss to re-hire her. :lol: That was nice of him, because that girl wasn't good, but she was nice and had good spirits.

But gosh, Simon sure blew his top today.

CaptainMichael

imagineer boy said:
It was also really funny when Simon asked that one girl's boss to re-hire her. :lol: That was nice of him, because that girl wasn't good, but she was nice and had good spirits.UOTE]
That was the best part of the show tonight for sure.

GenerationX

The girl whose mom is a voice coach was fantastic (and I absolutely love the song she sang - "God Bless the Child"). Potential winner here.

Computer Magic

GenerationX said:
The girl whose mom is a voice coach was fantastic (and I absolutely love the song she sang - "God Bless the Child"). Potential winner here.
She was very good. There has been a lot of good ones and it's hard to keep track. I have about 5 or 6 favorites and she is one of them.

Number_6

I had the last couple of minutes on because I was waiting for "Bones" to come on after it. What was with that guy trying to sing Stevie Wonder in the style of Stevie? Then trying about three other songs when Randy and Paula were trying to tell him that he was terrible and he ended up switching at one point to "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen. I mean, hit the notes like Stevie Wonder, you certainly can't hit them like Freddie Mercury. :rolleyes:

hcswingfield

Question: Is "Ribbon in the Sky" a really awful song to start with, or is it just one that is easily massacred by Idol contestants? It seems to get done constantly in the auditions, and always sounds incredibly bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom