American Idol!

Computer Magic

SpongeScott said:
Although we all like to see train wrecks, the auditions this year, to me, have been disappointing. Not one person has stood out from the rest of the group.
I agree..Carrie stood out last year. This year there are about 7 but I can't remember them :(

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
SpongeScott said:
Although we all like to see train wrecks, the auditions this year, to me, have been disappointing. Not one person has stood out from the rest of the group.
I agree...no one person has just been "Oh My God" what on earth were they thinking.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
Computer Magic said:
I agree..Carrie stood out last year. This year there are about 7 but I can't remember them :(
Yep, I definitely agree with that too. I can honestly tell you I don't know most of the names of the people I thought were really good. (I do remember Kelly Pickler, the girl who lived with her grandpa). But I really think that's b/c they haven't been showing a lot of the "really" good ones. I think they are mostly showing the trainwrecks b/c those are what get people hooked in the beginning. That's what people watch for right now.

imagineer boy

Its hard to tell right now since its only auditions. So many good ones fly at you so fast you can't remember them. Once the hollywood rounds start, then there might be some "OH MY GOD" performances.

Erika

That guy was a total idiot for mentioning on national TV the 70-some pets he has with his girlfriend. Zoning laws, anyone?

Enjoy them now before the authorities come to take them away :rolleyes:

Uponastar

It does seem to me that the focus is on the really bad auditions. Guess they're gonna save the good ones for the competition. At least, I hope that's what's going on!
So far, only Kelly Pickler, and little Paris, who sang Billie Holiday, have stayed in my memory. I don't remember any of the guys.

Off topic: Erika, I've been looking for an opportunity to comment on your avatar. Chloe is my girl!

Nemo14

Randy was on Regis & Kelly yesterday, and he said something about them having some very talented "boys" (his words), but so far, I haven't seen them show any. It seems they're just showing the untalented ones, probably for ratings.

Uponastar

I guess it makes sense to showcase the bad ones now.
They have their own entertainment value.
Then, once the competition begins, it will we a whole new ballgame.

Erika

Uponastar said:
It does seem to me that the focus is on the really bad auditions. Guess they're gonna save the good ones for the competition. At least, I hope that's what's going on!
So far, only Kelly Pickler, and little Paris, who sang Billie Holiday, have stayed in my memory. I don't remember any of the guys.

Off topic: Erika, I've been looking for an opportunity to comment on your avatar. Chloe is my girl!

I love her. So socially awkward :lol:

I agree that Kelly and Paris are the biggest stand-outs so far.

imagineer boy

Wow, only twelve in Austin! Sheesh, there were some bizaar contestants.

BUT OMG, that girl that could sing with her mouth closed was by far, THE HOTTEST auditioner ever! Helloooooo nurse!

And was it just me, or was that one guy singing the jiggley puff song from pokemon? :lol:

Lil'mermaid

imagineer boy said:
And was it just me, or was that one guy singing the jiggley puff song from pokemon? :lol:

Must have missed that one... :lol:
That 16 year old guy was pretty good but I still cant believe that only 12 people got through.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
Wasn't the 16 year old someone PAULA actually passed on! I was very surprised on that. I thought he did a very good job. (Kinda funny that Simon said yes. Truthfully, I think Simon has been a lot nicer to people this year. He seems much friendlier...saying things like "I really like you..." and allowing people that either Paula or Randy say no to but the other one says yes. Just my take on things.)

Uponastar

nibblesandbits said:
Wasn't the 16 year old someone PAULA actually passed on! I was very surprised on that. I thought he did a very good job. (Kinda funny that Simon said yes. Truthfully, I think Simon has been a lot nicer to people this year. He seems much friendlier...saying things like "I really like you..." and allowing people that either Paula or Randy say no to but the other one says yes. Just my take on things.)

I was surprised Paula passed on that kid too!
She thought he wasn't ready!! :veryconfu

You're right about Simon.
He is, as always, unnecessarily rude.
But when he is being nice, he's much nicer than usual.

Nemo14

Simon's a little more rude this year I think. Some of his comments are pretty funny, but he really unnecessarily cuts people to the quick.

hcswingfield

I got to thinking last night that as ultra-pleasant as I usually am :lol: , even I might start making rude comments if I had to sit in a chair all day and listen to really bad singers, some downright awful, who then wanted to argue with me about how much talent they really had. The number of really bad singers on the show makes me wonder about how bad the ones must have been who didn't even make it through the screening to get to sing in front of Simon, Paula and Randy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom