American Idol!

LouDisney

imagineer boy said:
This one actually had some good auditions. A few of the girls at the beginning were great, and so was the rocker. The cow boy kid was pretty good actually, he was just extremely neverous.

And was that guy, err... girl at the end of the show scary or what? And the guy with the solar cup holder sings "If only I had a brain." which I must admit was pretty fitting to his personality. :lol:

Yeah, the he/she, I thought he was girl, he really looks like a girl. Poor guy.
The cowboy guy was good, but nervous and like the judges said, with some lessons he could be better. Next weeks episode looks crazy!! Will probably be a funny one.

nicholas

LouDisney said:
Yeah, the he/she, I thought he was girl, he really looks like a girl. Poor guy.
The cowboy guy was good, but nervous and like the judges said, with some lessons he could be better. Next weeks episode looks crazy!! Will probably be a funny one.
Yeah, poor guy. But at the same time, no.

He obviously chooses to wear women's clothing. He chooses to have a feminine hair style. And he choose to draw on feminine eyebrows. He only looks like a female because he chooses to.

So, yes, poor guy because he'll have to deal with society's reaction to him. But not poor guy because he looks like a woman.

Did that make sense? I dunno.

LouDisney

Yes it did make sense and you are exactly right. He was dressed like a girl and I was thinking the same thing when he said everyone always thought he was. He totally had a girl's shirt on.

nicholas

LouDisney said:
Yes it did make sense and you are exactly right. He was dressed like a girl and I was thinking the same thing when he said everyone always thought he was. He totally had a girl's shirt on.
And pants and heels and and and .... ;)

He wasn't half bad. He wasn't half good either, but at least he kept pitch. Just needs to work on his tone quality (it was pretty nasaly and whiney), picking appropriate songs for his voice, and stop being so affected when he comes to his presentation. Nothing some lessons and committment couldn't improve upon.

Uponastar

Oh boy, here we go!

'Idol' Twins Charged With Forgery, Theft
By Associated Press
Thu Jan 19, 2:53 AM

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - They sang like angels for their audition on Tuesday's 'American Idol' premiere, but a pair of Memphis twins may sound more like jailbirds by the time the show goes live from Hollywood.

Terrell Brittenum, 28, has been in jail since Jan. 10 on an outstanding warrant for charges related to the illegal purchase of a car in Rockdale County, Ga., east of Atlanta.

He and his brother, Derrell, are accused of using another man's identity to buy a 2005 Dodge Magnum in June.

Derrell was expected to turn himself in on the same charges of forgery, theft by deception and financial identity fraud, The Commercial Appeal newspaper reported.

The brothers auditioned together in September for the hit TV show 'American Idol' and impressed the show's prickly judges to continue to the next round. Segments of the show have already been recorded and will air during the next few weeks.

Fox Broadcasting Co. refused to discuss the Brittenums or their status on the show.

The return of the show Tuesday drew its best-ever season premiere ratings with 35.5 million viewers. It was a 6 percent increase over last year's debut, according to preliminary Nielsen Media Research figures.

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
Oh boy, here we go!

'Idol' Twins Charged With Forgery, Theft
By Associated Press
Thu Jan 19, 2:53 AM

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - They sang like angels for their audition on Tuesday's 'American Idol' premiere, but a pair of Memphis twins may sound more like jailbirds by the time the show goes live from Hollywood.

Terrell Brittenum, 28, has been in jail since Jan. 10 on an outstanding warrant for charges related to the illegal purchase of a car in Rockdale County, Ga., east of Atlanta.

He and his brother, Derrell, are accused of using another man's identity to buy a 2005 Dodge Magnum in June.

Derrell was expected to turn himself in on the same charges of forgery, theft by deception and financial identity fraud, The Commercial Appeal newspaper reported.

The brothers auditioned together in September for the hit TV show 'American Idol' and impressed the show's prickly judges to continue to the next round. Segments of the show have already been recorded and will air during the next few weeks.

Fox Broadcasting Co. refused to discuss the Brittenums or their status on the show.

The return of the show Tuesday drew its best-ever season premiere ratings with 35.5 million viewers. It was a 6 percent increase over last year's debut, according to preliminary Nielsen Media Research figures.
Were these the first twins or the second?

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
Were these the first twins or the second?

You know what, I can't remember. :lol:

I seem to recall that one set of twins were 16 years old. They may have been the second set. Not sure though.

Nemo14

I really liked the first set of twins, but the second set IMO were not so good. Compared to Deputy Guy, I guess they were OK though :lol:.

Uponastar

nicholas said:
Yeah, poor guy. But at the same time, no.

He obviously chooses to wear women's clothing. He chooses to have a feminine hair style. And he choose to draw on feminine eyebrows. He only looks like a female because he chooses to.

So, yes, poor guy because he'll have to deal with society's reaction to him. But not poor guy because he looks like a woman.

Did that make sense? I dunno.

I get what you're saying, Nicholas. But he seems to take offense at the idea that people think he looks like a girl. A lot of unresolved issues there.

nicholas

Uponastar said:
I get what you're saying, Nicholas. But he seems to take offense at the idea that people think he looks like a girl. A lot of unresolved issues there.
He does have a lot of issues. He did take offense to it. But at the beginning of the audition, he claimed he enjoyed confusing people and that he 'laughs his butt off.'

Granted, I think that claim was a lie. A defense mechanism. Make fun of yourself before others can sort of thing. I wish him well with working things out.

His biggest concern right now, though, should be his mother's lipstick :lookaroun

MouseMadness

Nicholas! I just spit a Ritz dinosaur cracker on my screen! :eek: :lol: Ewwwww :lol:

We've already decided we want the rocker guy who hid his yellow paper in his hat to win... just because of his story, awww. :)

Nemo14

Is there some kind of screening before they audition or do the judges actually see every one of those people in line?

Uponastar

nicholas said:
He does have a lot of issues. He did take offense to it. But at the beginning of the audition, he claimed he enjoyed confusing people and that he 'laughs his butt off.'

Granted, I think that claim was a lie. A defense mechanism. Make fun of yourself before others can sort of thing. I wish him well with working things out.

His biggest concern right now, though, should be his mother's lipstick :lookaroun

:lol: :lol: :lol: So true!
Seriously, I do wish him well. It must be very hard to be him.

Erika

MouseMadness said:
We've already decided we want the rocker guy who hid his yellow paper in his hat to win... just because of his story, awww. :)

I agree; the hormones had me blinking back some monster tears on that one.

Computer Magic

MouseMadness said:
The one that sings to his turkey..yep me too.

Can you believe Paula said no :veryconfu

And you going for the county folk, go figure :rolleyes:

:lol:

Yea that is my favorite so far and the lady who had the big group of people around for support but no home :veryconfu

LouDisney

nicholas said:
And pants and heels and and and .... ;)

He wasn't half bad. He wasn't half good either, but at least he kept pitch. Just needs to work on his tone quality (it was pretty nasaly and whiney), picking appropriate songs for his voice, and stop being so affected when he comes to his presentation. Nothing some lessons and committment couldn't improve upon.

Ok, I did not see the heels. I was doing the flipping between channels thing. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom