American Idol!

BRER STITCH

SPOILERS BELOW...but ya gotta work for it!

So much for the "SUPER GROUP" rumor!!

They are all doing QUEEN songs!

If you want to know what they are singing, highlight the section below.
If you don't want to know and be surprised tonight, just keep swimming!
:lol:

=========================================

Ace Young, We Will Rock You: "I urbanized the verses a little, just by riding on (the notes). I put a little R&B soul on it. When we were done, they said, 'That sounds like a record.' "

Bucky Covington, Fat Bottomed Girls "Yes, we all love the fat-bottomed girls."

Chris Daughtry, Innuendo: "It's a relatively unknown song. It just had a mixture of a dark feel and a positive message. And I just found out they've never performed this live."

Elliott Yamin, Somebody to Love: "I was drawn to the passionate emotion of the song. I heard a lot of soul in it."

Katharine McPhee, Who Wants to Live Forever: "How could (this) not be fun? We're working with so many different legends."

Kellie Pickler, Bohemian Rhapsody: "We only have 1 minute and 30 seconds, and the song is really long. Having to cut so many pieces is really hard to memorize, because I'm not singing the song as it's originally played."

Taylor Hicks, Crazy Little Thing Called Love: "You listen to a Queen song, it's really melodic and very powerful, and the dynamics (are) really cool."

Uponastar

Lil'mermaid said:
From what my friend tells me the song Chris is doing is an amazing song, so we'll see what happens.

I thought I knew all their songs, but I can't recall that one.
Really looking forward to it!

Erika

I like Queen but I don't know about this as a category.

I like when the categories are a bit more broad- Big Band, 60s, etc.

bhg469

No one singing bicycle race or Under Pressure?!?? Kelly, bad move i still <3 her though, not for the singing though ;)

surfsupdon

Erika said:
I like Queen but I don't know about this as a category.

I like when the categories are a bit more broad- Big Band, 60s, etc.

Agreed. The broad themes are more fun. And now that they have a musical guest each wednesday, we don't get the Idols singing a medley anymore! (unless they still do and I tune in late weekly, haha)

Computer Magic

Bucky went first. You didn't miss much

Ace murdered We Will Rock You...:cry: It will never be the same going to a ball game and hearing that song...

I think it was Ace's last stance

I expected better from Chris....good but Simon got it right...

imagineer boy

I don't know, I thought Kellie was pretty good tonite! She definately seemed alot less static and personality-less than she used to be. Chris rocked, and some of the others did fine as well.

Now, Ace WILL be gone tomorrow night. He was dreadful.

hcswingfield

My rankings on Queen night:

Excellent: Chris, Taylor, and (believe it or not) Kellie
Really good: Paris, Katharine
Good: Elliott (although he reminded me of Julie Andrews singing "Leader of the Pack")
Time to go home: Tossup between Ace and Bucky

Kellie had a nice Bonnie Tyler quality going. I think tonight was her best night. Too bad Paris had to borrow her spike heel boots.

Chris's voice is just amazing. Taylor is the most entertaining of all of them.

DDuckFan130

hcswingfield said:
My rankings on Queen night:

Excellent: Chris, Taylor, and (believe it or not) Kellie
Really good: Paris, Katharine
Good: Elliott (although he reminded me of Julie Andrews singing "Leader of the Pack")
Time to go home: Tossup between Ace and Bucky

Kellie had a nice Bonnie Tyler quality going. I think tonight was her best night. Too bad Paris had to borrow her spike heel boots.

Chris's voice is just amazing. Taylor is the most entertaining of all of them.
I definitely agree...even on Kellie's performance. I just wish she'd keep her mouth shut after :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom