American Idol!

SpongeScott

Taylor and Elliott were the best tonight. Kellie was good for the first part of the song.

Chris missed a golden opportunity to potentially wrap up the contest, but he chose a no-name song that no one will remember tomorrow.

I didn't like Katherine at all. Bucky was good. Ace was not good.

Paris looked like a tramp.

Computer Magic

SpongeScott said:
Taylor and Elliott were the best tonight. Kellie was good for the first part of the song.

Chris missed a golden opportunity to potentially wrap up the contest, but he chose a no-name song that no one will remember tomorrow.

I didn't like Katherine at all. Bucky was good. Ace was not good.

Paris looked like a tramp.
agree except Bucky....

and Chris did have a chance to wrap it up and didn't

Number_6

I actually did tune in tonight, just beacuse they were performing songs by Queen and I wanted to see how they did. Bucky did alright, I thought. Ace was absolutely horrid. I thought the girls did well enough and that Chris' choice of song, though maybe not necessarily the best, was kind of a nice surprise and he performed it nicely. My only other problem was with Taylor. It's really funny because so many people seem to think he was great, but my wife and I both found him to be laughable. Now don't get me wrong, I've heard the song he sang to a more country beat before, and performed very well at that. I just felt that he did not do as well as he could have and that his attempts to mimic the moves of actual stars were ridiculous: his opening seemed to be like a poor man's Elvis and when he missed the mic stand the first time with his kick, he should have just kept going instead of missing a second time and having to kick a third time to knock it over. In the end, I would say that Ace is definitely the odd man out this week, but that Taylor is on the edge as well. I know that I've heard Simon make some pretty rude remarks from clips and commercials, but tonight I feel he was pretty much on target for most of it. And I loved his comment to Taylor: "Are you drunk?!?"

Computer Magic

Number_6 said:
Ihe missed the mic stand the first time with his kick, he should have just kept going instead of missing a second time and having to kick a third time to knock it over. . And I loved his comment to Taylor: "Are you drunk?!?"
:lol: :lol: Classic...sad but Classic

CaptainMichael

I am still not understanding the hatred for Kellie on here and the undeserved praise for Elliott.

Stars tonight:
Kellie, Katharine

Self-Indulgent:
Chris

"Musical Ebola Virus":
Elliott

Please, just go home already:
Ace, Bucky, and Paris

Still Mental:
Taylor

DDuckFan130

I never said Kellie sang bad. She didn't. I've liked her singing since day 1 actually. My problem with her is when she opens her mouth to do something other than sing. Perhaps it's just my thing as we all have our little pet peeves with the contestants. But to me, Kellie is just unbelievably annoying. Her little "naive" act is getting old...I mean how can you not know what "on paper" means?? It's really not an obscure phrase. And to accuse Simon of not understanding him because of his accent? You have got to be kidding me! :rolleyes:

Again, this is all just my opinion. She's a beautiful and talented girl. But with a weird as hell personality. I can say the same thing about Ace and Bucky, who also annoy me to no end. Kellie and Katherine are overhyped, but this is another opinion. You can say Chris is overhyped...fine, go ahead. No biggie :lol:

*shrugs*

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
Interesting night. I didn't know what to expect when I heard the theme of the night...My take:

Bucky - better than I expected, but still not good.
Ace - Buh Bye. That was a mess. I was glad to have the Tivo when he smacked himself in the face with the microphone. :lol:
Kellie - much better than I thought she would be. She DOES have a Bonnie Tyler thing going on.
Chris - dead on about not remembering the song tomorrow. He didn't do anything new, but he will get by anyway.
Katharine - she didn't get by on "hotness" this time. For the first time, I wasn't annoyed by her. That doesn't mean that I liked it though.
Elliott - I have never really been a fan of his. That's a tough song, and it was obvious that it was a tough song. I got the feeling that he got lost in the song. And how did he never hear that song before? :eek:
Taylor - still my favorite. Definitely the most fun of the night. :sohappy:
Paris - Ugh. I see the bottom three in her future. Anybody remember this in Moulin Rouge? I kept waiting for the big part, and it never happened. "The SHOW Must Go ON!!" was how Jim Boradbent did it - Paris was more like "uhh, the show must go on?"

Was that Fantasia sitting behind Paula? If it was, did they ever point her out?

DDuckFan130

AMH97 said:
Interesting night. I didn't know what to expect when I heard the theme of the night...My take:

Bucky - better than I expected, but still not good.
Ace - Buh Bye. That was a mess. I was glad to have the Tivo when he smacked himself in the face with the microphone. :lol:
Kellie - much better than I thought she would be. She DOES have a Bonnie Tyler thing going on.
Chris - dead on about not remembering the song tomorrow. He didn't do anything new, but he will get by anyway.
Katharine - she didn't get by on "hotness" this time. For the first time, I wasn't annoyed by her. That doesn't mean that I liked it though.
Elliott - I have never really been a fan of his. That's a tough song, and it was obvious that it was a tough song. I got the feeling that he got lost in the song. And how did he never hear that song before? :eek:
Taylor - still my favorite. Definitely the most fun of the night. :sohappy:
Paris - Ugh. I see the bottom three in her future. Anybody remember this in Moulin Rouge? I kept waiting for the big part, and it never happened. "The SHOW Must Go ON!!" was how Jim Boradbent did it - Paris was more like "uhh, the show must go on?"

Was that Fantasia sitting behind Paula? If it was, did they ever point her out?
:lol: I was wondering if they pointed Fantasia out too.

And I must admit...I'd only ever heard a few of the songs sang tonight :lookaroun. I knew "Bohemian Rhapsody," "Crazy Little Thing called Love," and "We will rock you."

:lookaroun

bhg469

Kelly surprised the heck out of me, a lil rocky and the twang was still detectable but i love her till she talks. Ahhh eye candy. Freddie was spinning in his grave for sure.

Computer Magic

bhg469 said:
. Freddie was spinning in his grave for sure.
:lol: I was thinking Freddie wouldn't approve

I also felt the ackwardness when Ace was trying to change the sound....."um you are not doing that to my song"

Veebserella

Katherine sang like an Angel! Kelly was the hot one for tonight!
Elliot-there is only one thing I have to say about him, gag me.
Ace-"thought" he rocked it tonight. He was Wrong.
Chris-what was that.
Paris-just like simon said "strange".
Bucky-whatever.
Taylor-did alright.

dxwwf3

If Katherine hadn't got a little pitchy at the end, it would have been perfect. But that was a tough song to sing and have enough left for the finish.

I don't understand the hate for Elliott. I thought he was definitely the best tonight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom