American Idol!

CaptainMichael

Computer Magic said:
Let's talk about Queen for next week.. They are going to screw up some classic songs like
  1. we will rock you
  2. we are the champions
  3. You are my best friends
  4. theme from Flash Gordon

who will be brave enough to sing "Another one bites the dust
Am I the only one that thinks this is a bad theme?

MouseMadness

SpongeScott said:
This is a very good possibility. I JOKINGLY told my wife when they announced that they were doing Queen next week that Mandisa could sing "Fat Bottomed Girls".

She hit me. Numerous times.:lol:

I will miss Mandisa.

Well, tell her to do one more, from me! :mad: :lol: :p

Well, good luck to the rest of the contestants, I guess. And Katherine's . :)

:lookaroun

Computer Magic

dxwwf3 said:
I think Mandisa was a good singer, but I think you guys are overhyping her IMO. Sure I would have thought that Bucky and Kellie would have went first, but then I figured Mandisa or Taylor would be next. Every year someone gets voted off before their time, but they wouldn't win anyways.
I don't think she would have won....But the top 3-6. All three in the bottom did not deserve to be there.

The second group to sit down should have been the bottom three.

Shocker.....no...I knew there was a upset when the producers spilt them into three categories.

Soon there will be the two sides and then asking one contestent to choose a side they think they belong..

DDuckFan130

Computer Magic said:
I don't think she would have won....But the top 3-6. All three in the bottom did not deserve to be there.

The second group to sit down should have been the bottom three.

Shocker.....no...I knew there was a upset when the producers spilt them into three categories.

Soon there will be the two sides and then asking one contestent to choose a side they think they belong..
I agree. Mandisa was, in Simon's words, the best female vocalist. Unfortunately, she can't play the ditzy "calamari" role of the Pickler and her body shape isn't as sensual as Katherine's. Therefore, she gets less votes. I did not think this was her time, but there are always people who go before their time. The thing that sucks though is that this year there are more than just one person getting by for the wrong reasons.

*shrugs*

GenerationX

I called the bottom three right after Elliot joined Mandisa in the middle. We were due for one of those surprise nights, and the 3-3-3 set-up made it all the more suspenseful. If they were split into 1-2-3, 4-5-6, and 7-8-9, I'm confident that Taylor/Chris/Kellie were the 1-2-3.

It looks as if I'm the only one pleasantly surprised tonight. Just one less person in Kellie, Katharine, and Chris' way to the top.

STR8FAN and GenerationX v. The WDWMagic American Idol Thread

Next week: Queen? Yes! Chris will sing "We Will Rock You", Taylor will sing "We Are the Champions" (maybe they'll have 'em sing back-to-back), and the girls will fight over who gets to sing "Crazy Little Thing Called Love".

I think Katherine needs to stop relying on her and $ex appeal to get by.
She's not solely defined by her big bouncies. She's also got a beautiful face and well-trained voice. I still think the final two will be Katharine and Chris.

Computer Magic

GenerationX said:
She's not solely defined by her big bouncies. She's also got a beautiful face and well-trained voice. I still think the final two will be Katharine and Chris.
True...her mother is a vocial coach and trained her....

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
SpongeScott said:
Well, we lost possibly the best vocalist in the group. I really don't care who wins it now.

Precisely. I really have very little desire to stay tuned now. Since the first season of AI I have watched every episode, even when my favorites got voted off. This season I feel like the show is pointless now she is gone. Dont get me wrong, there are good people left in the competition who I like but I don't want to see any of them as the American Idol.

I don't want to believe that Mandisa's weight has anything to do with her early exit but I think the cold hard truth may be just that. Makes me sick to my stomach. (my big flabby, stretch marked stomach that is...)

I don't think I could bare to watch the Idols butcher Queen songs. Queen is my most favorite band ever. It might have to be a week that I watch with the sound OFF. I can't stand hearing Queen songs get destroyed.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Do you think anyone will take on Bohemian? Constantine did it last year and it wasn't a total disaster. Who do u think has enough personalities to sing the song by themself?

SpongeScott

tiggerific418 said:
Do you think anyone will take on Bohemian? Constantine did it last year and it wasn't a total disaster. Who do u think has enough personalities to sing the song by themself?
All I know is that song selection is going to be very interesting. Queen was one of my favorite bands growing up. Maybe I'll find a new favorite next week.

imagineer boy

I'm so sad that Mandisa got voted off. :( Grrr! And Bucky and Ace weren't even in the bottom 3. It makes me mad. Its official, Bucky is this year's Scott Seabol!

Number_6

I don't watch the show, but if I can be guaranteed that someone is going to sing something off the Highlander soundtrack, it might be worth taking a look next week. I vote going for the ballad "Who Wants to Live Forever?" but it would be a riot if someone had the grapes to try "Gimmie the Prize."

imagineer boy

Number_6 said:
I don't watch the show, but if I can be guaranteed that someone is going to sing something off the Highlander soundtrack, it might be worth taking a look next week. I vote going for the ballad "Who Wants to Live Forever?" but it would be a riot if someone had the grapes to try "Gimmie the Prize."

Ahh, I love the songs in Highlander! The opening song is just so awesome.

Number_6

imagineer boy said:
Ahh, I love the songs in Highlander! The opening song is just so awesome.

I do really like "Princes of the Universe" but it would work better in an individual competition to use one of the other songs.

Edit: Who Wants to Live Forever would be best:

There’s no time for us
There’s no place for us
What is this thing that builds our dreams yet slips away
From us

Who wants to live forever
Who wants to live forever....?

There’s no chance for us
It’s all decided for us
This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us

Who wants to live forever?

Who dares to love forever?
When love must die

But touch my tears with your lips
Touch my world with your fingertips
And we can have forever
And we can love forever
Forever is our today
Who wants to live forever?
Forever is our today

Who waits forever anyway?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom