American Idol!

CaptainMichael

nibblesandbits said:
Hopefully this week is not as dreadful as last week!
So far, it's dreadful!

Taylor-dreadful
Mandisa-hideous
Elliot-craptastic
Paris-best tonight so far. I just don't like her voice at times. I can't describe what it is, but it bothers me.
Ace-dreadful. Only Keith Urban should sing this song.
Kellie-that was HOTT!
Chris-nice change of pace for him, but I didn't "love" it.
Katharine-I didn't like it when Faith recorded it, and I don't like it now. At least she performed it well. Katharine, I wanna like you, but it is just so hard!
Bucky-**falls asleep**

Lil'mermaid

Country is strange to me. Some is good, some is awful. Tonight was decent. I liked Chris and Elliot alot, but I still cannot understand Bucky at ALL! :brick:

dxwwf3

Can't stand country music, but I thought the show was pretty good tonight.

Elliot, Ace, Chris, and Katherine really shined, IMO.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
I love country...so I could be a little biased in my opinions...

Tonight wasn't as awful as last week was...but it still wasn't great. I love Taylor and he did not do well, Mandisa was not good, Elliott did a pretty good job, I really did like Paris' version of How Do I Live, I didn't think Ace did that badly with the Keith Urban song...but then I hate that song to begin with no matter who sings it, Kellie did a good job (as she should have), Chris did well and it was nice to see him change it up, I hated Katherine's song...she sang it well, but the song is simply awful...there's a reason why it didn't really make it on country radio, and I thought Bucky did a pretty good job with that Gary Allen song.

Nobody was outstanding once again.

My main question was what on earth was up with Paula? She definitely had been drinking tonight. She was all over the place!

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
dxwwf3 said:
Can't stand country music, but I thought the show was pretty good tonight.

Elliot, Ace, Chris, and Katherine really shined, IMO.
I think in a way it helps if you don't listen to country because you aren't comparing them to someone else. That is the major drawback about that aspect.

dxwwf3

nibblesandbits said:
I hated Katherine's song...she sang it well, but the song is simply awful...there's a reason why it didn't really make it on country radio

I agree. Well I can't say I liked any of the songs, but I thought the performances tonight were much better and Katherine was back performance wise. But man that song sucked :lol:

hcswingfield

Take Me Home, Country Roads?!?!?! What on earth was Taylor thinking? That was almost as bad a song choice as when Bo sang "Free Bird" last year. I need to slap some taste into these boys from Birmingham. So many songs Taylor could have blown us away with, and he chose Country Roads. And didn't even do it very well.

Kellie and Ace gave their best performances yet. Chris, too. Bucky stunk big time. Katherine was hot, and Paris and Mandisa did OK. Elliott has an incredible voice, but hasn't wowed me yet.

I used to sing in country bars. There are so many great country songs that could have been done tonight, but weren't. "I'll Be Your Baby Tonight", "Keep Me From Blowing Away," "Queen of the Silver Dollar", "Two More Bottles of Wine", "Someday Soon," "Once in a Very Blue Moon," "Home",and on and on.......Oh, well......

Debbie

Tonite was most disappointing and I don't think Kenny Rogers (whom I've seen in concert a couple of times) did anything to help. Song choice was the downfall of most......
Taylor was so disappointing----I wish he'd done the Fishin' Song and had fun as opposed to Country Roads
Mandisa should have picked a better song
Elliot was Ok
Paris, I found she fell flat in parts of the song
Ace----he might go home tomarrow
Kelly--I hate how they rearranged the song; you have to listen to the whole song to get the story
Chris did Ok
Katherine-----I couldn't hear her in parts of the song; only when she belted 'Your bringing out the Elvis in Me'
Bucky-this is his forte'

Bottom four----Taylor, Ace, Paris, Mandisa

CaptainMichael

Am I the only one that noticed that Elliot couldn't keep with the beat??? He sounded like Willie Nelson for crying out loud!!!

Katharine relied HEAVILY on $ex appeal tonight because "Bringin' Out the Elvis in Me" sucks, yet I watched her.

GenerationX

Overall, I thought it was a dull show. Nobody "wowed" me, and several were downright boring (mostly the men). Off Key Ace was the worst. Again.

Nemo14

Nothing too exciting last night - I love Taylor, but he really sucked last night and Katherine seemed to mumble half the song. Kelly continues to get on my nerves, and Ace - :hurl:! I expected more from Bucky - I don't know why! :brick:

And I have to agree with Nibs - what the ____ is going on with Paula!!!!

Uponastar

I actually thought Bucky was pretty good since he was in his element.
On the other hand, Kellie bored me. Hated the song!
Katherine annoys me. Not sure why.
I continue to love Eliot, but he never seems comfortable. He needs to relax.
Everyone on the whole was pretty ho-hum.
Anyone could go home tonight, but I'm hoping it's Ace!

SpongeScott

The talent this year is either incredibly thin or the choice of genre is incredibly lousy.

Last night was the best performance that Chris has given because he actually sang the song instead of screaming/shouting it.

Taylor was horrible. Very disappointed.

This is the weakest season so far. Whoever wins this will disappear like Fantasia.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
SpongeScott said:
The talent this year is either incredibly thin or the choice of genre is incredibly lousy.

Last night was the best performance that Chris has given because he actually sang the song instead of screaming/shouting it.

Taylor was horrible. Very disappointed.

This is the weakest season so far. Whoever wins this will disappear like Fantasia.

I don't know, I think Katherine and Kelly both have potential. Chris is a better singer than rocker IMO. Taylor is good in his element, but lousy outside it. The rest are not that great... Ace can melt girls' hearts staring into the camera, but as I'm not a girl, there's nothing there for me.

BRER STITCH

WOW!

Ya think they keep Country Music as a theme because amateurs can't handle it??? At least Simon didn't hide his feelings about it! :lol:

Last night proved to me that (2) of my long standing beliefs still stand:

1) I would only ever be mildly excited about country music if both Garth Brooks and Reba McIntyre came to my backyard and put on a full-blown concert for me.

2) Country music makes even the most mediocre singers sound good.

:lol:

Here's my review...
=====================================
TAYLOR: I was a fan and gave Him a pass for the past two weeks. My charity ran out. Quite possibly the worst performance of the night. BORING! Country Roads, Take Him Home! :lookaroun

MANDISA: Just OK. Definitely out of her element and it showed. Couldn't understand a word she sang during the verses. She gets her first "pity pass" of the season. Probably the last one too, as she has talent!

ELLIOTT: Again, OK...but not great! He seemed very unsure of the song and had far too much vibrato in his voice for the song style. Not sure what's going on there, but I'm sure he can do much better!

PARIS: Sounded off-key during the entire song! Her inability to hit lower notes really shows how immature her voice really is. I'll toss her a "pity pass" for the first time, too, but I don't think she can hang in there much longer. Too much wear and tear on her vocals.

ACE: He sang "I Wanna Cry" ...and listening to Him, who DIDN'T WANT TO?!?!?!? Enough with the falsetto already! Again, too whiny.

KELLIE: She got lucky at the right time in the show. She will get to stay for another week. Too much of an airhead to win this thing, though.

CHRIS: Without all the rock and roll screaming, you can actually hear a nice voice in there! Good vocals! He's proven He can do everything...so far!

KATHERINE: This is the first time that my ears didn't start to bleed when she sang! It was mostly recited, though, and I still think she has minimal talent.

BUCKY: He sounded awful even in his "style" of music. He should have shined and didn't! :hurl:
================================

THE VERDICT:

With all the Country Music available, where were songs by classic greats like Johnny Cash, Hank WIlliams, Patsy Cline, and newer faves like Clint Black and Tim McGraw or Faith Hill??? Whatever....

BOTTOM THREE:

TAYLOR, ACE, BUCKY

Goodbye BUCKY. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom