American Idol!

GenerationX

Best Performances:

Katharine - Had a little trouble in the middle, but she started hot, finished hot, and, as always, looked hott.

Lisa - This kid can do no wrong. She has a fantastic voice.

Melissa - Perfect vampy song for her husky voice. One minor mistake: when her hair fell over her face, she should have left it there. It would have looked sexier and fit the song better. This occurred to me before I saw Kelly ...

Kelly - Let her hair go wild during her performance, which worked well for her. She's got charisma, likability, and she's awfully cute.

SpongeScott

My faves tonight: Lisa, Kellie, Ayla, and Paris.

Time to go home: Katharine and Brenna. Neither worked for me, especially Brenna. She is fingernails on a chalkboard.

imagineer boy

Best were Aayla, Lisa, Kellie, Paris, and Mandisa. They were all awesome. Brenna had better be voted off on Thursday or heads will role! She was terrible.

MouseMadness

yensidtlaw1969 said:
I don't get people's fascination with Ace. In my opinion he's a mediocre singer at best (his performance on Tuesday was boring, not challenging, quiet (you could hear the backup singers dominating his voice), and he had this stare like he was trying to Hypnotize you -- it was like he was saying "Vote for me . . . vote for me and all your dreams will come true . . .", and ofcourse the judges fell for it. I dunno, I didn't get it. I just don't think he was that great. I can't see him being American Idol.

Yensid "Let's not get me started on that Kevin kid. Why he wasn't voted off I'll never know" tlaw1969

Somebody's jealouuuuuuuuuuuuuuus
Giggle.gif

:lol: :lookaroun

Mouse"I hope Yensidtlaw1969 can take a joke"Madness.

:lol: :wave: :p

Uponastar

imagineer boy said:
Best were Aayla, Lisa, Kellie, Paris, and Mandisa. They were all awesome. Brenna had better be voted off on Thursday or heads will role! She was terrible.

No need for me to type a post!
This is exactly what I was going to say except I would have put Kellie before Lisa!

Nemo14

I like Paris' singing, but her attitude is kind of getting to me lately - not sure why. Brenna was totally terrible - hopefully we won't have to listen to her again!

Fantasmic!329

Pretty much everyone was awful last night. Brenna was truly awful, and Kinnik was a close second. Paris is really the only one, who IMO, was really good. Mandisa was good, and so was Kellie.

There's just something about Ayla that I don't like. :veryconfu I'm not sure what it is.

Mandisa's "dog jaw" was just too funny! :lol:

DisneyJill

Chris. Chris is SMOKIN'. :slurp:

And I still love Taylor. And that kid Kevin is so adorable in a definite Chicken Little kind of way. :lol:

GenerationX

I thought it was a dreadful night for most all of them. They were visibly nervous, and to Simon's point, were all in a league below Chris. Chris was brilliant. It's hard to pick out the worst, but I'll have to go with Ace (wretched), Kevin (bad vocal, bad performance), and my local guy, David (frightened). I'm afraid the last two I mentioned are becoming novelty acts - hey, look at the cute kid who can sort of sing.

The first thing I thought when Will started to sing "Lady" was that he was far too young for it. I still think that, but I have to give the kid credit; he's got an incredibly rich, full voice.

DisneyJill

GenerationX said:
I thought it was a dreadful night for most all of them. They were visibly nervous, and to Simon's point, were all in a league below Chris. Chris was brilliant. It's hard to pick out the worst, but I'll have to go with Ace (wretched), Kevin (bad vocal, bad performance), and my local guy, David (frightened). I'm afraid the last two I mentioned are becoming novelty acts - hey, look at the cute kid who can sort of sing.

The first thing I thought when Will started to sing "Lady" was that he was far too young for it. I still think that, but I have to give the kid credit; he's got an incredibly rich, full voice.

Blech. I can't stand Will. I think he should be the next to go. Well, I think Will, David (STOP CROONING!) or Sway will be next.

Gedeon surprised me tonite. He's definitely not my favorite-but he did better tonite than last nite.

And I like Kevin-if for no other reason than because he's a cute kid and he's having a great time. Is he going to win? No. But what a great adventure.

yensidtlaw1969

DisneyJill said:
he's having a great time. Is he going to win? No. But what a great adventure.
While I agree, one must keep in mind that if he stays that means someone else goes. Do we really want to lose a better Idol so someone who is undeserving can have a great adventure? I say no, but maybe that is just me.

Yensid "They were dead on when they did the Kevin / Chicken Little comparison" tlaw1969

dr_teeth90210

I think the judges were dead wrong on Taylor Hicks' performance tonight. I thought he did an awesome job. It was a very enjoyable performance.

The judges must've been on something for giving Kevin rave reviews. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom