American Idol!

SpongeScott

dr_teeth90210 said:
Am I the only one who doesn't like Chris? :lookaroun
I try every week to like him, but I can't. I'm hoping he will grow on me and I'll see what everyone else sees. To me, he's doing nothing more than controlled screaming.

SpongeScott

STR8FAN2005 said:
Watch out for:
*Katharine McPhee-once she figures out how to pick a song, she'll be AWESOME. Time will tell. She was not impressive this week.
*Kellie Pickler-likeability along with increased confidence + good song choices will carry her into the final weeks. Good looks will take her far. She's a sentimental pick, but she needs to be careful playing the Daddy Card. I also don't see another blonde, country singer winning again.
*Ace-better song choices will carry him into the top 6. I'm just not impressed.
*Mandisa-came out of nowhere and will continue to have a strong presense. Will go a long way. A long way.
*Ayla Brown-like Simon said, she'll get better every week because that is her personality. She has been a surprise to me. I hope to see her around for awhile. She probably is the hardest worker in the group.

On the verge of elimination:
*Kinnik Sky-should've left this week. Two weeks of bad performances. Agree.
*Kevin Covais-should've left this week. David Radford is better. He and David were a toss-up. Kevin has the geeky "it" factor, which is why he lasted longer than David.
*Bucky Covington-visually unappealing and a weak singer at best. I don't see why everyone was enamored with his performance of "Thunder Rolls" I like him more than others, but there's no way he'll win this thing.
*Will-I really don't have anything to say about him. That is how much he doesn't move me one way or the other. Good voice, but I think he and Kevin go home next week. With the other males in this competition, I think he's in over his head.

Along for the ride:
*Taylor Hicks-let's be honest here, this man will not win American Idol. He is there to entertain, nothing more, nothing less. I think he'll go further than you think. He's got the Alabama factor going for him (Ruben, Bo).
*Melissa McGhee-beautiful, good voice, but she doesn't have "it" She'll suffer from lack of exposure. She needs to do something unforgettable to stick around.
*Paris I'm not near as impressed as I was in January.
*Lisa Tucker Lisa is my favorite.
*Gedeon Too cocky. Don't like him at all.
*Elliot Yamin He's good, but I ain't gonna pick up the phone and vote for him.
my comments in bold.

hcswingfield

The contestants all look so aghast when Simon tells them their performance wasn't memorable, but I had to look up 3 of these people (who were eliminated) on the Idolonfox website to see who they were. I missed the elimination show because we were watching Survivor. More eye candy on Survivor!

imagineer boy

STR8FAN2005 said:
Carrie Underwood rocked my socks! With an hour long show, they could have given her more time on stage singing and with some judge interaction. She looked HOTTT!

Oh yeah! :slurp: But unfortunately, I had to attend a band concert last night and my video player recorded very poorly, so I only get a garbled image of Carrie's hotness.:( :brick:

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
imagineer boy said:
Oh yeah! :slurp: But unfortunately, I had to attend a band concert last night and my video player recorded very poorly, so I only get a garbled image of Carrie's hotness.:( :brick:
ahhh...I love not having to deal with VCRs...gotta love Tivo!

imagineer boy

STR8FAN2005 said:
Watch out for:
*Katharine McPhee-once she figures out how to pick a song, she'll be AWESOME.I agree completely. She's excelent.
*Kellie Pickler-likeability along with increased confidence + good song choices will carry her into the final weeks.I agree, but am I the only one who thinks she isn't good looking? She looks like as if she hasn't eaten in months.
*Ace-better song choices will carry him into the top 6. Last week was a perfect song choice for him, this week was not so good. But I agree, if he continues good song choices, he should do very well.
*Mandisa-came out of nowhere and will continue to have a strong presense.agreed.
*Ayla Brown-like Simon said, she'll get better every week because that is her personality.Most definately. You can tell that she puts all she's got into each of her performances. She will definately go far.

On the verge of elimination:
*Kinnik Sky-should've left this week. Two weeks of bad performances.Yeah, but I still perfered Heather and Brenna to leave more than her. She's a goner for next week for sure.
*Kevin Covais-should've left this week. David Radford is better.I agree. I was dissapointed to see David leave so early.
*Bucky Covington-visually unappealing and a weak singer at best. I don't see why everyone was enamored with his performance of "Thunder Rolls"I don't get it either. It was a very forgetable performance.
*Will-I really don't have anything to say about him. That is how much he doesn't move me one way or the other.Last week, he gave an amazing performance, but this week, he was kinda ehh...

Along for the ride:
*Taylor Hicks-let's be honest here, this man will not win American Idol. He is there to entertain, nothing more, nothing less.I agree completely.
*Melissa McGhee-beautiful, good voice, but she doesn't have "it" agreed
*ParisShe's still failed to do anything as impressive as her audition IMO. She's fun to watch perform, but it I listened to her only, I'd be completely bored.
*Lisa TuckerI have a feeling that at some point, she'll put on a performance that will blow everyone's socks off. Her last two performances haven't impressed me that much yet though.
*GedeonI just don't like him at all. From his cokiness, to his creepy smile. I don't think his vocals are that grea either.
*Elliot YaminHe is an excelent singer, but is not visually appealing. He will make it far though.

Wow, I pretty much 100% agree. My comments are in bold too like Spounge Scott.

Lil'mermaid

SpongeScott said:
I try every week to like him, but I can't. I'm hoping he will grow on me and I'll see what everyone else sees. To me, he's doing nothing more than controlled screaming.

I like him, but then again alot of the music I listen to can be called "controlled screaming" I guess. I'd buy his CD.

I think that he'll go pretty far in the contest, if not win it all.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
Lil'mermaid said:
I like him, but then again alot of the music I listen to can be called "controlled screaming" I guess. I'd buy his CD.

I think that he'll go pretty far in the contest, if not win it all.
Katie, I think you're right...Chris definitely has the potential to win the whole thing. Now it's not my type of music...but I could see him winning easily.

Lil'mermaid

nibblesandbits said:
Katie, I think you're right...Chris definitely has the potential to win the whole thing. Now it's not my type of music...but I could see him winning easily.

I wasn't too sure of him until the last 2 weeks, but he did two songs that I love without killing them, so hes golden in my book. :lol:

CaptainMichael

nibblesandbits said:
Well Melissa McGhee (who I kind of like...but oh well) and Kannik are going home. That's my predictions.
I concur. Ayla could be there also.

I've got the McPheever, and Kellie Pickler is a "naughty little minx"!!!
"Dawg pound, we've got a hott one tonight!"

"Kellie Pickler, will you marry me?"-Michael Tassin (str8fan2005)

The_CEO

nibblesandbits said:
Well Melissa McGhee (who I kind of like...but oh well) and Kannik are going home. That's my predictions.

I have to agree! They were the worst singers tonight..

Did anyone else notice McPhee's Shirt was seethrough or am just over observant>?

CaptainMichael

The_CEO said:
I have to agree! They were the worst singers tonight..

Did anyone else notice McPhee's Shirt was seethrough or am just over observant>?
It wasn't totally see through...I did enjoy the bouncing around....:lookaroun

imagineer boy

Alright, could someone tell me which one we're talking about? :lol: I've got McGhee and McPhee confused.

But Kinnik will gaurenteed go home tomorrow. No questions asked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom