American Idol!

skippykitty

I thought it was wierd after watching last nights episode that I could pick out the six best girls whereas last year I had trouble picking just six. Last year there were only a few "bad apples" and this year it seems that the top 6 girls can be easily picked based on last nights performances. Who knows maybe one of the weaker singers will step it up next week - I think the opera singer stevie scott has a great voice - she just picked the worst song for her voice last night.

and I CANT STAND Brenna

BRER STITCH

Well..it's official....

There are exactly 3 women and 4 men who can sing this year.

Unless they all turn it up a huge notch, this will be the least entertaining of all the seasons so far!

:(

GenerationX

Of the women, I liked Katharine and Lisa the best. Of the men, I liked Chris and Taylor the best. I hope they all make it through to next week.

I agree with Randy that Taylor has a definite Ray Charles quality to his voice. I'd really like to hear him do a Ray Charles song.

SpongeScott

BRER STITCH said:
Well..it's official....

There are exactly 3 women and 4 men who can sing this year.

Unless they all turn it up a huge notch, this will be the least entertaining of all the seasons so far!

:(
I respect your opinion, but it looks as though you're in the minority right now. There's some good talent in the mix. Give it a chance to shake out a little.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
Ok...well after just now watching the preformances from tonight(gotta love Tivo!)...I have to say that there were some great ones...and then those who were good, but not good enough to win this competition.

First, I really like Chris. I am not into the whole rock thing, but I really think that he is very good. I also think that Elliott has a chance to be up in the front runners...although, I haven't seen much of his personality.

My next vote goes to Ace...I mean WOW...is he freaking hot! And he can sing too. He definitely has the X-Factor, maybe needs to up the personality a little...(I wouldn't mind him being my father figure...:lookaroun )

Last but not least, one of my absolute favorites...Taylor. I have loved him since the very beginning. He is just so much fun and you really can tell he has a great time doing what he does. I can see him going far.

Now the girls from last night...my votes have to go to first Ayla...I think she did an amazing job with that Christina song. Much better than I would have thought. I also really enjoy Paris...she really is a firecracker and I love her singing voice. It's very unique.

Lisa has a great voice and I can't believe that she is only 16! I mean WOW! Last, I think that Katherine McPhee has an amazing voice too. Maybe not as great as some think...especially after watching the Tivo...but she is definitely up there!

In all, I think there are 8 outstanding voices...so I don't think it will be less entertaining...I think what makes this year different is that they have a LOT of different singing styles. That makes it a little harder to choose just one American Idol.

So, while I can understand that the singing hasn't been outstanding and does need to be upped a notch...you have to remember, this is the first time these people have gotten on stage, in front of millions of Americans to perform...there is definitely some growing room that will be needed.

Erika

SpongeScott said:
I respect your opinion, but it looks as though you're in the minority right now. There's some good talent in the mix. Give it a chance to shake out a little.

I agree. At this point in the game, I don't really see anything different from any of the previous seasons. They will grow.

Erika

No big surprise...

'Idol' singer strikes sexy pose with twin

Associated Press
Feb. 22, 2006 11:16 PM

LOS ANGELES - "American Idol" contestant Becky O'Donohue just doubled her exposure. The aspiring singer is featured alongside her twin sister, Jessie, in a series of sexy photos on the Maxim magazine Web site.

The 25-year-old twins pose in bikinis, unbuttoned baseball jerseys, and glistening with sweat in a sauna-like setting, wearing only towels.

The photos were taken two years ago for the magazine's online fantasy baseball game, said Jordan Burchette, executive editor of Maxim Online. The images "found new life" when O'Donohue became an "Idol" contestant, Burchette said.

"There's all kind of new buzz surrounding them," he said.

When the twins posed for the pictures, they were models for hire.

"They were athletes in college, then models, and now they're vocalists," Burchette said. "We look forward to their political careers."

A spokeswoman for Fox, which airs "American Idol," had no comment.

Picture is available on the magazines website.

Uponastar

I think the boys outsang the girls.
Really thought Chris and Elliot were good.
Ace seems to have the entire package. His amazing good looks certainly won't hurt him. And he can sing too!

Uponastar

Erika said:
No big surprise...

'Idol' singer strikes sexy pose with twin

Associated Press
Feb. 22, 2006 11:16 PM

LOS ANGELES - "American Idol" contestant Becky O'Donohue just doubled her exposure. The aspiring singer is featured alongside her twin sister, Jessie, in a series of sexy photos on the Maxim magazine Web site.

The 25-year-old twins pose in bikinis, unbuttoned baseball jerseys, and glistening with sweat in a sauna-like setting, wearing only towels.

The photos were taken two years ago for the magazine's online fantasy baseball game, said Jordan Burchette, executive editor of Maxim Online. The images "found new life" when O'Donohue became an "Idol" contestant, Burchette said.

"There's all kind of new buzz surrounding them," he said.

When the twins posed for the pictures, they were models for hire.

"They were athletes in college, then models, and now they're vocalists," Burchette said. "We look forward to their political careers."

A spokeswoman for Fox, which airs "American Idol," had no comment.

Picture is available on the magazines website.

Not surprised in the least. :rolleyes:

DisneyJill

I don't know all the girls names yet...I thought Lisa performed very well but there's something about her that I'm not a fan of. I think she looks like a girl that I know that I don't like or something. Which isn't fair, I know. :lol: She is talented though. I like Ayla but she seems pretty...average. Like there's nothing that just POPS about her. I thought-is it Medina...Medusa...slippy...slappy...?? Whatever, the first girl to perform, who sang the Heart song. She is good. I hope Brenna is gone soon.

But the guys, I thought they were (almost) all good! My least favorites are Patrick (Come to My Window) and the Copa Cabana guy-I think he's funny but his voice isn't all that great. I love Kevin, the younger kid that sang One Last Cry just because he's so nerdy and adorable. And I liked Chris who Dead or Alive, he's got a good rock star voice. Ace, who sang Father Figure, I really liked and I LOVE TAYLOR. I hope he wins the whole darn thing. You can tell he's comfortable and he really just loves to sing. And his voice is phenomenal.

So, there's my $.02. TAYLOR!!!! :sohappy:

Erika

STR8FAN2005 said:
And there is something wrong with what they did?:confused:

When she auditioned, I said "Well, if she doesn't make it through, at least someone will call her with a modeling contract." Turns out she's already posed :lol:

imagineer boy

Yup, my predictions were correct. The guys are alot stronger than the girls this year.

Okay, the ones I didn't like ( forgive me for lack of names ): The guy who looked like Bo Bice wasn't very good. The funny asian guy wasn't very memorable at all. And I don't under stand why the judges liked that short mexican guy so much. I thought he was awful. And the guy who sung "Shout" was very boring IMO

The ones I did like: Ace was incredable, but he reminds me WAY too much of Constantine. He just has the same hair, and hogs the camera in the exact same way. He's good, but that bothered me a little. The bald rocker guy was AWESOME. He was just so cool. Taylor was very good as well, but gaah, I can't break the habbit of thinking I'm seeing a sixty year old man dancing around the stage. Its just bothering me. Willam Makar was one of the best of the night definately.

The Underrated: I can't beleive that the judges ragged on that crooner kid so hard. I thought he was great. A lot better than some of the other performances that night. The poor guy looked pretty upset too.

The overrated: The guy who Simon said was the best male contestant in AI history. He was good, but he wasn't THAT good. Biggest over statement of the night.

So for the ones being voted off... well, I'm gonna have to say both the guy who sung "Shout" and the funny asian guy will be the first to go.

hcswingfield

Ace is who Constantine wants to be, but can't. Ace has the ______ appeal naturally, Constantine just pretended to have it. Ace should marry Carrie Underwood and have lots of children with perfect smiles. I was surprised last night at how well Ace sang. It's the first vocal by him that has impressed me. I was also blown away by Taylor. In the five years of American Idol, he's the first one who's been able to pull off an Elton John song and make it work. Elliott, Bucky and Chris were all also very strong. The rest are forgettable. Except for Gedeon, who was just downright creepy. Simon was right - his smile was scary. The big guy (Bobby) could make a great career as a character actor, but not as a singer. He needs to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom