American Idol!

MouseMadness

Chris
Was
PHENOMINAL!! :eek: To heck with Ace, Chris is the real hot one on the show, in my book. :lol: :lookaroun Seriously. I'm very anti-pretty boy. :lol:

I'm afraid we'll have to say goodbye to Kevin. :rolleyes: Cute can only get you so far. I mean, I like him, but enough is enough. And I really hope Sway is gone this week.

hcswingfield

I pretty much agreed with Simon's comments across the board. Taylor did his best to liven up a pretty boring song, but the song was just a bad choice. Ace was disappointing and nasal. The Yamin guy (Elliott?) was pretty awesome, Bucky was pretty good, and Chris was incredibly good, and like Randy said, ready to go into the recording studio. The rest of them were just outclassed. Smiley (Gedeon) sang well, but I still think he's creepy. The small town preacher oratory just doesn't fit.

robynchic

My (and my boyfriend's) review:
The female finalists will be Ayla, Mandisa, Kelly, and Lisa. The other two are up in the air.
The male finalists will be Ace, Chris (at least I hope it's Chris...) Gideon, Bucky, and again, the other two are up in the air.

We both agree that Kevin looks like Chicken Little (and he won't last long- he doesn't have the sob story that Anthony had).

All those ballads last night...I'm really happy that Bucky and Chris chose the songs they did. Especially Chris. I'm a rocker girl at heart- Chris is getting my vote every week.

Uponastar

Last night I liked Elliot, Chris and Ace.
I think the judges were rough on Will. His song choice may have been "safe" but he did a good job with it. His appeal to a younger group shouldn't be brushed off. They count too.
Tonight, Sway and David should be going home.

CaptainMichael

For everyone who says that Bucky did well (including the judges), have you not heard the real version of "Thunder Rolls"? Obviously not, because Bucky was terrible with that song.

I in NO way find Kevin cute. Therefore, I have no desire to keep him around.

I don't like Sway.

I dig what David does. Give him time, you all will be swooning over him.

Chris rocked it!

imagineer boy

Here are my thoughts about last night:

Taylor: Definately not his best. He sung it well, but the song choice was safe and boring. C+

Elliot: Incredable performance and great vocals. Great performance. A-

Ace: Good, but not as good as last week. Its a down grade from me. B-

Gideon: I don't know what it is, but I really don't like him. His vocals were just okay last night IMO, and his creepy smile really doesn't make me want to vote for him. I'm going to go out on a limb and give him a C-

Kevin: Wow! I was wondering who he reminded me of. He does look like chikcen little.:lol: His performance however, was pretty mediocre and not very good at all. D+

Sway: I don't like him very much either. He's not very appealing, and his song wasn't that great either, so another down grade from me. D

Will: He seemed a little over confident, and his performance wasn't that great either, especially compared to last weeks. C

Bucky: Bo Bice 2.0 gave a enjoyable, but just okay performance over all. C

David Radford: He has such a great voice, but he's really blowing it right now! Just bad song choices, not to mention that he just doesn't seem to be in his comfort zone. D+

Chris Dougherty: Wow! This guy rocks! He gave an awesome performance last night that was really incredable. A-

The three who are most in trouble right now are David and Sway. David, however, has a huge female fan base that is constantly voting for him, so he may be safe tonight. But I know for a fact that Sway will be leaving.

BTW, Carrie Underwood is performing tonite! Let's just hope the stage doesn't melt under her hotness.:slurp:

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
Well, the right people got kicked off...the only one I was a little disappointed in was that Kinnik stayed and Heather got voted off this time. I thought Kinnik did a lot worse than Heather did...but oh well.

DisneyJill

No big surprises tonite. I was a little surprised Will wasn't in the bottom 3.

BYE BYE BRENNA!!! I am SO glad to see that girl go!

GenerationX

SpongeScott said:
three for four in my ouster picks.
Good calls, oh prescient one who picked Carrie to win during the initial audition rounds last season.

None of the boots this week were too surprising.

I can't believe they scheduled (and took) a full hour for this show. I'm glad I recorded it. I watched about five minutes of the show - enough to see the four get booted and see Paula revert back to her previous seasons' incoherent self. Please tell me she wasn't like that the whole show.

Computer Magic

GenerationX said:
Good calls, oh prescient one who picked Carrie to win during the initial audition rounds last season.

I can't believe they scheduled (and took) a full hour for this show. I'm glad I recorded it. I watched about five minutes of the show - enough to see the four get booted and see Paula revert back to her previous seasons' incoherent self. Please tell me she wasn't like that the whole show.
What type of medication was Paula on....the pizza and salad crack?

CaptainMichael

I'm glad Brenna and Sway are gone, but I would have liked to see Kinnik and Kevin leave as well. America got it half right this week.

Carrie Underwood rocked my socks! With an hour long show, they could have given her more time on stage singing and with some judge interaction. She looked HOTTT!

SpongeScott

GenerationX said:

thank you, thank you. :lol:

Paula was a little strange tonight, but nothing like last year.

CaptainMichael

dr_teeth90210 said:
Am I the only one who doesn't like Chris? :lookaroun
I would say that you are definitely in the minority. At this point in time, Chris is definitely the frontrunner this season. However, once the rest sort out their nerves, the competition should heat up. Right now it is too predictable.

Watch out for:
*Katharine McPhee-once she figures out how to pick a song, she'll be AWESOME.
*Kellie Pickler-likeability along with increased confidence + good song choices will carry her into the final weeks.
*Ace-better song choices will carry him into the top 6.
*Mandisa-came out of nowhere and will continue to have a strong presense.
*Ayla Brown-like Simon said, she'll get better every week because that is her personality.

On the verge of elimination:
*Kinnik Sky-should've left this week. Two weeks of bad performances.
*Kevin Covais-should've left this week. David Radford is better.
*Bucky Covington-visually unappealing and a weak singer at best. I don't see why everyone was enamored with his performance of "Thunder Rolls"
*Will-I really don't have anything to say about him. That is how much he doesn't move me one way or the other.

Along for the ride:
*Taylor Hicks-let's be honest here, this man will not win American Idol. He is there to entertain, nothing more, nothing less.
*Melissa McGhee-beautiful, good voice, but she doesn't have "it"
*Paris
*Lisa Tucker
*Gedeon
*Elliot Yamin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom