American Idol: Season 9

GenerationX

The standout performance tonight for me was not one of the overhyped three weird chicks that the producers obviously believe they need to give the show street cred. And by weird chicks, I mean the hippie at the start, the scary girl with the gray hair, and the one at the end. Sure, they were good, but they were also unquestionably overpraised. To me, the best performance of the night was Katelyn, who did a simply beautiful version in all respects of the Coldplay song "The Scientist". Best performance of the season by anyone, so far.

imagineer boy

Yeesh, Randy seemed genuinely ticked off by the lack of talent. :lol:

"Hey, wassup how you doin!?!?!? Oh ho ho... dawg it was terrible."

nibblesandbits

I agree with Haley, but I'm torn on the other girl I think is going home. I really like DiDi, but think it might possibly be her. But there are a number of girls who could be getting the heave ho this week...it's really hard to guess.

Laura

Premium Member
Thank goodness they finally thought Haley was dreadful!

No kidding!

The standout performance tonight for me was not one of the overhyped three weird chicks that the producers obviously believe they need to give the show street cred. And by weird chicks, I mean the hippie at the start, the scary girl with the gray hair, and the one at the end. Sure, they were good, but they were also unquestionably overpraised.

I'd have to completely disagree with you. Those 3, plus Paige, I believe are the only girls who were actually born with talent and sing effortlessly. The other 6 girls always sound so forced, like you have to really root for them to make it through the song without blowing it. Crystal has been my favorite since the very beginning because she's not a blonde Barbie doll, but can sing like crazy. Siobhan reminds me of Adam Lambert - powerful voice with all kinds of tricks up her sleeve. And Lily is just plain different.

I have no idea why last week I predicted Didi for the top 12 instead of Paige. I'm regretting that now.

SpongeScott

The "talent" this season is so bad, we've not watched the last three non-elimination shows. Almost every performance is bad (word of mouth) and watching the ones sing last night that were eliminated were horrendous. That leads to a thought--why do we have to hear them sing again if they were voted off for not being good? We're gonna give it another go when they reach the final 12, but I'm horribly unimpressed this season. Choosing NCIS over AI is not even a challenge this year.

Laura

Premium Member
The "talent" this season is so bad, we've not watched the last three non-elimination shows. Almost every performance is bad (word of mouth) and watching the ones sing last night that were eliminated were horrendous. That leads to a thought--why do we have to hear them sing again if they were voted off for not being good? We're gonna give it another go when they reach the final 12, but I'm horribly unimpressed this season. Choosing NCIS over AI is not even a challenge this year.

They're not ALL bad. Just 85%. :lol:

Haley's "goodbye" performance...omg. I can't sing a note and I coulda done better. Aye yi yi.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Original Poster
Again I am disappointed...to me Katie seemed to have so much potential but she has done aweful lately...Paige what were you thinking choosing that song?????? TERRIBLE!

I thought Crystal, Didi, Lily and Sioban did the best. Lacey and Katelyn were ok...I'm not sure who is going home tomorrow...maybe Paige and Lacey...:shrug:

nibblesandbits

Again I am disappointed...to me Katie seemed to have so much potential but she has done aweful lately...Paige what were you thinking choosing that song?????? TERRIBLE!

I thought Crystal, Didi, Lily and Sioban did the best. Lacey and Katelyn were ok...I'm not sure who is going home tomorrow...maybe Paige and Lacey...:shrug:
I agree with your best, except Lilly. I just didn't like hers and I don't know why. It just didn't have the impact for me.

As for who's going home, I say it's going to be Paige and Katie.

Uponastar

Very much in agreement.
Although I think that Lacey might hang in there and Katie will go home instead, along with Paige.
For some reason I'm not on the Crystal bandwagon. She's good, but not exciting to me. I'm really liking Siobhan and Lily.

Observation...
Song choice is always such an issue (Oy Paige)...why can't the contestants get some help with that? Disastrous choices might help whittle down the competition, but good choices would make the competition more interesting and more fun to watch.

Laura

Premium Member
Crystal's still my favorite. I just LOVE her and have loved her the most out of everyone since auditions!

Siobhan has quickly become my second favorite. She's so fun to watch.

Now can we strangle Paige? She was doing so well, and then complete MADNESS yesterday! And her excuse that she couldn't sing the song because it make her cry over Michael Jackson...are you serious? :rolleyes: I thought she was going to say it made her cry because her sister died or her dog died...gee whiz! Also I love how last week she sang an ANGRY song and smiled happily through the whole thing, and this week she sang a song about SMILING and looked morose! Hailey coulda done a much better job with that song. :lol:

Lacey was a shocker this week. She actually sang on key! :eek: She sounds exactly like Dolly Parton to me though, and I was never a Dolly fan.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think the judges weren't listening to the same Todrick that I heard! Queen is way outta his league and he sounded absolutely horrible!

He, and one of Aaron, Alex or [dare I say it] Andrew should be leaving.

Andrew being told his Paula song was his crowning achievement constantly ever since made him try to repeat that vibe with Cristina this week and it just didn't work.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Original Poster
I think the judges weren't listening to the same Todrick that I heard! Queen is way outta his league and he sounded absolutely horrible!

He, and one of Aaron, Alex or [dare I say it] Andrew should be leaving.

Andrew being told his Paula song was his crowning achievement constantly ever since made him try to repeat that vibe with Cristina this week and it just didn't work.
I agree with who may be leaving..Andrew has rubbed me the wrong way since the top 24 started...just not good enough...Aaron isn't in the same league as the rest of the guys...

I can't believe I am saying this but Tim actually did a good job! I thought Todrick wasn't that bad. It was better than he has been doing..

Laura

Premium Member
My favorite two from last night were 2 that I originally wanted to go home....Toddrick and Tim!

Monty, your TV must be having issues. :lookaroun Toddrick didn't miss a note, IMO and I think the judges are way too harsh on him.

Mike's performance was good, of course, but I didn't get what all the crying was about. I even rewound it and watched it again after seeing Kara fall apart, and still *shrug*. Mike is a great singer, but way too boring of a style for me to ever want to buy music of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom