American Idol: Season 9

imagineer boy

Man, what happened to Paige? She started off so great but now she's horrible! Didi (get out of my laboratory!) and Andrew were train wrecks as well.

I've noticed that whenever they do a top billboard theme night, it tends to be terrible.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I honestly think Paige may have saved a few others... She was just so horrible.

Four weeks straight of making excuses for horrible choices and worse than horrible performances, hopefully she's gone.

Crystal singing Joplin? There's a surprise! :rolleyes: She did a beautiful job of it, but wasn't anything unique or special [it could easily be recorded as it was, so that's not really a negative]. The most predictable choice of the night though. I suspect she'll be in the top three. She should win, but isn't really marketable as a "Pop" singer. She'll do really well on the Folk Music circuit.

Laura

Premium Member
Crystal singing Joplin? There's a surprise! :rolleyes: She did a beautiful job of it, but wasn't anything unique or special [it could easily be recorded as it was, so that's not really a negative]. The most predictable choice of the night though. I suspect she'll be in the top three. She should win, but isn't really marketable as a "Pop" singer. She'll do really well on the Folk Music circuit.

I dunno...she's very Alanis Morrisettey to me. Quirky and sings like her. I think she could land on the regular radio.

GenerationX

Crystal singing Joplin? There's a surprise! :rolleyes: She did a beautiful job of it, but wasn't anything unique or special [it could easily be recorded as it was, so that's not really a negative]. The most predictable choice of the night though.
Agreed. That was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard she was doing Joplin, too. It was good and all and certainly better than virtually everyone else. However, we didn't hear a peep from the judges about it being "a rather safe song choice" like we do with anyone else who is not the producers pet choice for the winner. I'm not a Vote for the Worster, but I really don't like when there are one set of judging rules for one contestant and another set for everyone else. I'd probably root for her, if it weren't for the blatant bias.

LoriMistress

Crystal needs to step it up. Hopefully, next week being R&B/Soul she can actually step it up. I can bet money, she'll probably not play the guitar. I have a feeling she may play the piano instead.

Debbie

Chrystal did say she had something big planned next week. I can only think that it's a totally different look for her and a totally different genre of music.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Wow! What a horrible night.

Three singers were great, the rest didn't give any evidence they belong on the show.

Lee was amazing.
Crystal was very good.
Michael was very good.

Of the remainder, Casey was 'acceptable' but nothing special.

happymom52003

American Idol used to be my favorite show, but I have just about zero interest in watching it this season. I watch Michael, Lee and Casey...and maybe a few seconds of Crystal (she has an amazing voice, but I find her to be very boring). I fast forward through everyone else and will continue to do so. I don't even have any interest in listening to what the judges say. Although I do adore Ellen.

Debbie

I think the bottom three tonite could be

Siobhan
Tim
Didi

It's interesting to see how the really strong (Chrystal and Michael) are staying strong. And how the others, like Lee, are either gonna step up their game or they are gonna wind up going home............

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Original Poster
I think the bottom three tonite could be

Siobhan
Tim
Didi

It's interesting to see how the really strong (Chrystal and Michael) are staying strong. And how the others, like Lee, are either gonna step up their game or they are gonna wind up going home............
I agree except for Siobhan. I think it will be Katie since she was in it last week but who knows..:shrug:

Laura

Premium Member
Wow so Lee was amazing last night!! Blew me away!

Crystal's still my favorite. Mike was incredible, though I still find his style of music really boring. Siobhan...oy. She's got enough fans to pull her through at least. I always like Casey.

Tim...I don't know why he gets bashed week after week. I actually like him, in a Zac Effron type of way. He's entertaining, cute, and sings on key. I'm kinda glad votefortheworst.com is keeping him in the game.

Didi I thought did well...didn't understand the bashing there either. But I need her voted off because she's screwing up my score in the game. :lookaroun

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Original Poster

Crystal's still my favorite. Mike was incredible, though I still find his style of music really boring. Siobhan...oy. She's got enough fans to pull her through at least. I always like Casey.

Tim...I don't know why he gets bashed week after week. I actually like him, in a Zac Effron type of way. He's entertaining, cute, and sings on key. I'm kinda glad votefortheworst.com is keeping him in the game.

Didi I thought did well...didn't understand the bashing there either. But I need her voted off because she's screwing up my score in the game. :lookaroun
Me too...:lol:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

Tim is a tad too Milquetoast for my tastes... Bland as bland can be. :shrug:

imagineer boy

They were better than last week. This is a relatively weak season in terms of contestant talent, but I'll take it any day over the Sanjaya season. :lol:

Laura

Premium Member
So...I'm supposed to be on my way up to Hollywood right now to go to American Idol! My sister and I signed up on the waiting list for tickets over a year ago, and finally got some! :sohappy:

3zpa

The problem: the tickets they gave us were in my sister's name, and she lives in NY and can't make it. :dazzle:

They wouldn't switch the tickets over to my name either, because we have different last names.

So here I sit with my 2 Idol tickets, and I'll be watching the show on TV tonight like the rest of y'all. :mad: :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom