American Idol: Season 9

imagineer boy

Who got disqualified?

From Wikipedia:

"Chris Golightly, who was originally selected as semi-finalist. According to reports, Chris was disqualified February 17, 2010, after already being told he was in the top 24, over an old contract. The contract expired, but they disqualified him for not telling them. He was later replaced by Tim Urban at the last minute of the last part of Hollywood Week."

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Original Poster
From Wikipedia:

"Chris Golightly, who was originally selected as semi-finalist. According to reports, Chris was disqualified February 17, 2010, after already being told he was in the top 24, over an old contract. The contract expired, but they disqualified him for not telling them. He was later replaced by Tim Urban at the last minute of the last part of Hollywood Week."
Ah ok...that's the guy that was the orphan right?

Laura

Premium Member
I am SO annoyed that Haeley Vaughn made it. She's one of the worst singers I've ever heard in the top 24. It's like nails on a chalkboard and I can't figure out why the heck they let her in.

My favorite girl so far is Crystal because she looks like a normal person (not punk, not diva, not barbie) but has this outstanding voice. My favorite guy so far is Andrew...because I just LOVED his version of Straight Up.

palmage

Maybe not....

From TampaBay.com - "Though there were rumors that Michael Lynche was eliminated from the competition because his father confirmed his son made the final 24 weeks ago, the show did not feature any such information."

TurboCaroline

Original Poster
Wow I was really disappointed with the girls last night..I think nerves got to a lot of them...

I think Paige, Michelle and Katelyn did the best and Haeley, Janell and the girl with the red hair(I can't think of her name) were the worst...

I hope the guys are better tonight...

Laura

Premium Member
Wow I was really disappointed with the girls last night..I think nerves got to a lot of them...

I think Paige, Michelle and Katelyn did the best and Haeley, Janell and the girl with the red hair(I can't think of her name) were the worst...

I hope the guys are better tonight...

My picks right now for top 12:

Crystal
Siobhan
Katie
Lilly
Katelyn
Didi

The rest were just awful. I have not liked Haeley from the beginning and don't know why she made it through to Hollywood. She's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

TurboCaroline

Original Poster

Crystal
Siobhan
Katie
Lilly
Katelyn
Didi

The rest were just awful. I have not liked Haeley from the beginning and don't know why she made it through to Hollywood. She's like nails on a chalkboard to me.
I need to see them perform again to decide who will be in the top 12 but yeah I have to agree with you about Haeley...It was funny what Simon said about her being like a wind-up doll smiling the whole time...:ROFLOL:

imagineer boy

I thought the girls were over all pretty dull last night. The girl with the red hair was an absolute train wreck. But there were a few good ones though.

BTW, are they going to go back to the old elimination technique, or the one that they did last year?

And am I the only guy posting in this thread? :lol:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I thought Ashley did a lot better than the judges gave her credit for. Or maybe it's that she's the most attractive. :shrug:

My picks to make the top 12:

Siobhan was best of the night, the rest, in no particular order:

Katie
Michelle
Janell
Didi
Ashley

Since the thread needs more guys... :lol:

Computer Magic

Crystal
Siobhan
Katie
Lilly
Katelyn
Didi

You going to run the contest this year?

DiPSU224

This is painful to watch. I have no interest in any of these singers so far. I'm not even going to bother DVR'ing it. I don't get the advice they are giving these people either. Last night they blasted the girls for trying to sound like the artists who originally sang the songs. Tonight they are blasting the guys for arranging the songs too differently and not being able to tell what song it is. Which one do they want???

I'd rather watch some Olympic hockey. I'll tune back in for the top 12.

imagineer boy

Yeesh, I guess I was right, the girls are stronger than the guys. But that's not saying much. :lol:

Seriously, I hope we don't have another Sanjaya season on our hands here...

TurboCaroline

Original Poster
The boys weren't that great...I don't think anyone really stood out. Even Casey James wasn't as good as they made him to be. I did like how Todrick changed up the Kelly Clarkson song even though they didn't like it that much. I'm going to say Tim Urban and John Park are going home..:shrug:

Laura

Premium Member
Here's my top 12 guesses/hopes now that the men have sung.

(ABC order)

Aaron
Andrew
Casey
Crystal
Didi
John
Katelyn
Katie
Lee
Lilly
Michael
Siobhan

Laura

Premium Member
Random thing I always wonder....does American Idol take all the top 24 to get their teeth bleached? They all have blinding white movie star teeth. I would love to know their secret. :lookaroun

nibblesandbits

Sure I can do it. I usually start it when the top 12 are announced, right?
Yeah...it's started when top 12 are announced.

If you end up changing your mind or get too busy or something, just let me know. :) It's such a fun little game. So glad it's gonna continue!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom