American Idol: Season 9

LoriMistress

So far, I'm disappointed with this season. Not many people are impressing me, and I have no clear "favorites." Maybe in time I might have my favorites. Reports (from TMZ.com) are showing up about how much Ellen hates Simon. It's so bad they're sitting away from each other. From what TMZ says, Ellen thinks Simon is "too mean."

nibblesandbits

So far, I'm disappointed with this season. Not many people are impressing me, and I have no clear "favorites." Maybe in time I might have my favorites. Reports (from TMZ.com) are showing up about how much Ellen hates Simon. It's so bad they're sitting away from each other. From what TMZ says, Ellen thinks Simon is "too mean."
My question is, didn't she realize how mean he was to the contestants all those years of watching the show? It's his stchick.

Also, I'm like everyone else...no one really stands out for me.

Laura

Premium Member
Reports (from TMZ.com) are showing up about how much Ellen hates Simon. It's so bad they're sitting away from each other. From what TMZ says, Ellen thinks Simon is "too mean."

Ellen isn't really the hating type, so I think that might be a little far fetched. Ellen has had Simon as a guest on her show in the past.

Laura

Premium Member
BTW - I miss Adam Lambert...so badly. It was always so exciting wondering what he'd do at the next show.

LoriMistress

My question is, didn't she realize how mean he was to the contestants all those years of watching the show? It's his stchick.

Also, I'm like everyone else...no one really stands out for me.

I don't think that Simon is "mean" to the contestants. He's being nice--for a music producer. He's being completely honest on what it takes to be a professional recording artist.

LoriMistress

Ellen isn't really the hating type, so I think that might be a little far fetched. Ellen has had Simon as a guest on her show in the past.

It's one thing to like someone if you have little interaction with them. It's another when you're working with someone for long periods of time. Simon has done other things to annoy Ellen like showing up late for rehearsals, etc. But Ellen really doesn't care for Simon.

Computer Magic

BTW - I miss Adam Lambert...so badly. It was always so exciting wondering what he'd do at the next show.
I have to agree. I keep saying how fast last year the group was up to speed. There was many people who had experience last year so it was as boring at the top 24. This year so many have no experience, it is boring.

I also hate how the judges dismised the one person that was unique and change the song of Kelly. I thought that was good. :shrug:

Oh and I'm glad the contest continues...Nibs you did a great job last year. I know Laurie and BJ invented the game...wasn't BJ the math person and Laurie the creative person?

Laura

Premium Member
Oh and I'm glad the contest continues...Nibs you did a great job last year. I know Laurie and BJ invented the game...wasn't BJ the math person and Laurie the creative person?

Laura :p

(comon Sherm, you know me better than that!)

And yes. I just went back and read over the original thread (March 2007 lol) and that is how it went down.

Computer Magic

Laura :p

(comon Sherm, you know me better than that!)

And yes. I just went back and read over the original thread (March 2007 lol) and that is how it went down.
I have a good memory but my spelling isn't always up to par... :ROFLOL:

It won't happen again...:cool:

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Original Poster
I am kinda shocked by the eliminations last night...I don't think Ashley should have gone home this early in the competition...Also I think Tim Urban should have gone home instead of Joe but Joe probably wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway.:shrug:

Laura

Premium Member
I am kinda shocked by the eliminations last night...I don't think Ashley should have gone home this early in the competition...Also I think Tim Urban should have gone home instead of Joe but Joe probably wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway.:shrug:

My top 12 choices are all still there, so I'm cool with it. :lol:

GenerationX

I don't remember a season with such a dearth of talent. There were a few women that were good this week, but only one or two men. I hope it was just nerves or this season is headed for the crapper. It wasn't until the last two guys performed this week that we heard anything resembling entertainment from the men; the first ten were all horrendous. I'm still sort of rooting for the guy who did Paula's "Straight Up" during Hollywood week, which is still, easily, the best performance of the season thus far.

happymom52003

I've been way behind on my tv watching so I just watched the top 12 girls last night. I have not read any of the comments in this thread yet so I have no idea how you all feel about it, but I think those performances were a total embarrassment to the show. There was one who I thought was pretty good and a couple who I thought might have potential...but I can't remember their names. I have not watched the men yet, but seeing how Simon (I think it was Simon) made the comment that the girls were stronger than the guys this year, I am not too excited about watching the men.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Original Poster
Well I have to say that the guys definitely improved from last week...though some were still bla. I am totally baffled about their fascination with Lee?? Don't get me wrong I love rock music but I think he butchered that Hinder song. I was reading the article on msn.com and they compared him to David Cook. Not even close in my opinion. :shrug: Anyway I think John and Jermaine need to go...

nibblesandbits

Well I have to say that the guys definitely improved from last week...though some were still bla. I am totally baffled about their fascination with Lee?? Don't get me wrong I love rock music but I think he butchered that Hinder song. I was reading the article on msn.com and they compared him to David Cook. Not even close in my opinion. :shrug: Anyway I think John and Jermaine need to go...
I agree with who needs to go.

k.hunter30

Thank goodness they finally thought Haley was dreadful!

Am I alone in really liking Didi's performance, but not being a fan of Michelle...?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom