American Idol: Season 9

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Original Poster
That girl that pretended to faint was a little strange...:lookaroun

I liked that girl with the asthma...poor thing looked like she was about to have an attack since Randy was prolonging his answer...

BigB911

I agree...it was boring. And the guy that auditioned that was from Pittsburgh was just a plain embarassment to this area. There are great singers in Pittsburgh, honest!

The Orlando show was very good, I thought...lots of good singers.

nibblesandbits

The Orlando show was a good one. Lots of great talent.

And you're right, it does appear that security is being called (and possibly going to be called) a lot this season. What is with people?

TurboCaroline

Original Poster
The Orlando show was a good one. Lots of great talent.

And you're right, it does appear that security is being called (and possibly going to be called) a lot this season. What is with people?
You don't think those are staged?? The producers have to create some drama...:shrug: I may be wrong though...

nibblesandbits

You don't think those are staged?? The producers have to create some drama...:shrug: I may be wrong though...
I don't know truthfully. I mean some of those people don't look like they are faking. But, I don't know. I don't think some people are THAT good of actors. :lol:

popsicletrees

So, Jermaine from the Orlando auditions - I went to high school with him. We were in choir together. He had an amazing voice then, and it has only improved since. I really hope that he does well in the competition.

TurboCaroline

Original Poster
So I enjoyed watching Ellen last night...

I really like Michael Lynch...it's a shame he had to miss the birth of his first child though..:(

There were a lot of people that I liked during the auditions that didn't make it like the guy that had cancer...but oh well

nibblesandbits

So I enjoyed watching Ellen last night...

I really like Michael Lynch...it's a shame he had to miss the birth of his first child though..:(

There were a lot of people that I liked during the auditions that didn't make it like the guy that had cancer...but oh well
Same here...thought Ellen was good, but am waiting to reserve a more complete judgement until I get to see more of her judging style. We only saw a small portion.

It will be interesting to see who goes through of the ones they highlighted. I think this year, more than any other year, they are just highlighting the interesting stories...I like the fact that they filmed Hollywood week AFTER they had the audition episodes wrapped in the can...that way you can't tell who was actually going through already. You just don't know. (I know for a fact that Hollywood week was filmed after the audtions started airing because I follow Ryan Seacrest on Twitter and he was talking about filming Hollywood week only a few short weeks ago, while the auditions were already going on.)

Anxious to see Group night, because those always have good drama on them!

GenerationX

The best I've seen in Hollywood week thus far: The guy with the guitar who reworked Paula Abdul's "Straight Up". That was OUTSTANDING.

The worst: The group that mangled the words, melody, and pretty much every other aspect of Kansas' "Carry On Wayward Son". One guy was almost passable, but the others were a train wreck.

Laura

Premium Member
I am so thrilled to have Ellen on there FINALLY. She's so much more interesting than Paula. In fact, I think she's more interesting than Simon as well. :lol:

Maybe I'm biased because I adore her. :lol:

imagineer boy

I personally need to wait until he live top 24 shows to pass final judgment on her, but so far I think she's done a good job.

But I keep expecting everything to freeze and Bill Nye jumps on stage and takes Ellen through a history of music. :lol:

TurboCaroline

Original Poster
I am quite shocked by some of their choices last night...I thought Shelby Dressel has a better voice than Katelyn Epperly...and I'm not too impressed with Lee Dewyze... Maybe they all sound better in person...:shrug:

nibblesandbits

I am quite shocked by some of their choices last night...I thought Shelby Dressel has a better voice than Katelyn Epperly...and I'm not too impressed with Lee Dewyze... Maybe they all sound better in person...:shrug:
I agree. I'm curious about some of their early choices already. There were definitely some very big surprises...

imagineer boy

I think I like this top 24. They all seem really diverse, which is good. I think the girls have the edge this year though, I'm not sure why.

BTW, who was the guy that got disqualified replaced by?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom