Amazingly dumb and sometimes funny things other guests say...

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
While standing in line for Test Track yesterday at Epcot, my fiancee and I started talking about skyrocketing gasoline prices. While we were engaged in our conversation, we both overheard a lady in front of us ask her husband, "Do airplanes need fuel?" The look that came over his face was something priceless as if to say, "You're kidding, right?" I guess it was a "you had to be there" incident, but it was funny.

:lol:

What's the funniest/dumbest thing overheard when you went to Disney?

Pongo

My friend and I were talking about something stupid in Epcot the other day. I can't remember what it was about. And the lady that was walking in front of just turns around, looks at us, and starts laughing. Then she says, "sorry, I was just thinking about how one day MY daughter will be walking in Disney World with some boy and be talking about me..."

Only, we DEFINITELY weren't talking about my friend's mom. It was really strange. And random.

Oh, and other people acting totally clueless about fastpass and asking "How much does it cost?" when it is CLEARLY advertised for like, half a page in the guidemap.

dolbyman

"Do airplanes need fuel?"

nahh .. as long as enough warp plasma is onboard :lol:

I had a quite simmilar thing ..

on my flight to L.A. I heard a woman saying: (while the breakfast was served) "ahh finally now the machine is getting lighter and we will get there faster!" :lol: :rolleyes:

the flight took 11h's afterall :rolleyes:

wedway71

Not really stupid but last Disney trip a family member(who resembles Eugene ,the dad from american pie) stayed at the Contemporary kept calling it the CONTEMPRA.I know not a big deal but after 5 days of listening him callit that I thougt I was gonna strangle him.On the way home wife and I and kids were mocking him on his New York accent saying yes I am staying at the CONTEMPRA :lol:

Fantasmic!329

Pongo said:
...Oh, and other people acting totally clueless about fastpass and asking "How much does it cost?" when it is CLEARLY advertised for like, half a page in the guidemap.
Same thing happened to me while queing for Soarin' in DCA. They thought it was like a VIP line that was (the person sounded like they they were from UK, not that is a bad thing) "very expensive."

Pongo

Fantasmic!329 said:
Same thing happened to me while queing for Soarin' in DCA. They thought it was like a VIP line that was (the person sounded like they they were from UK, not that is a bad thing) "very expensive."

I heard it in line for Splash Mountain. Luckily, they asked a CM and everything was straightened out for them.

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
One night we were standing in a line that was taking forever to get into the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk. We had some teenage girls in front of us and one of them turns to the other and says, "So, does Disney own the whole lake?"

Cinderella Fan

wedway71 said:
Not really stupid but last Disney trip a family member(who resembles Eugene ,the dad from american pie) stayed at the Contemporary kept calling it the CONTEMPRA.I know not a big deal but after 5 days of listening him callit that I thougt I was gonna strangle him.On the way home wife and I and kids were mocking him on his New York accent saying yes I am staying at the CONTEMPRA :lol:

Don't feel bad. A couple months ago my little brother (7 at the time) went on his first WDW trip with his father (my mothers 2nd husband, from Panama, not that it matters).

But the whole time he kept telling us that they were going to be staying at the "Bell-War". :lol: It took us a couple of days before we found the brochure for the Boardwalk. Still not quite sure whether he really thought that was the name, or just couldn't say it.

Thanks to his father and the language barrier, my little brother calls the park "Ep-e-______" becuase he doesn't know what else to call it!!

WDWKat26

lol, I have a couple. A while back I was at an Annual Passholder thing for the MGM Studios, and they kept the park open late for AP holders. I was on ToT and we were standing on the numbers waiting to get in the elevator, and this one woman was like "Is this where we drop?"

I was at Poly laying outside, and I heard a woman look out at the Lake and say, "Is that real water?"

And here's a funny one my friend told me: A guest came to the MK turnstiles and asked the person at the turnstile "How do I get to the Magic Kingdom?" without missing a beat, he told her "Now what you're going to do, is take that large ferry over to the Transportation and Ticket Center. When you get there, you're going to take the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom and you'll be there."

Needless to say...the guests listened to him...

Derrick

I'll always remember a couple complaining about all the money that Disney makes, so why don't they spend it on Thunder Mountain as it's old and rickety. :brick:

dandaman

WDWKat26 said:
And here's a funny one my friend told me: A guest came to the MK turnstiles and asked the person at the turnstile "How do I get to the Magic Kingdom?" without missing a beat, he told her "Now what you're going to do, is take that large ferry over to the Transportation and Ticket Center. When you get there, you're going to take the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom and you'll be there."

Needless to say...the guests listened to him...

Quote PhotoDave: "Sometimes the gene pool needs a little chlorine." :lol:

broadwaystar32

I was in Disney World with a group of friends, and we rode Space Mountain. All the bars lifted to let us out, but my friend's bar never came up. The guy working there told her jokingly, "I guess you'll just have to go around again." And she took him totally seriously and said, "but I don't want to go around again. I want to get off."

tigger_rox00

Last Christmas we were checking into the Hibachi place at Japan. This lady and her husband came up and asked the hostess, "were is the Japanese pavillion". The hostess said that they were in the Japanese pavillion and asked them if they had a reservation. They said "no this cant be Japan, Japanese don't wear robes and they don't have slanted eyes". They turned around and left complaining about why the girl told them this was japan. I was shocked, what person doesn't know asians (for the most part) have slanted eyes, and how hard could it have been to look at the guide map. Some people are just ignorant.

TTFN

GrandFloridian1

Back in May I went into the Stitch attraction for the first time since AE. A woman sat her child in her lap so when the shoulder restraints came down she started to yell saying my child is stuck (or something to tb can you be to sit your child in your lap and have the restraints come down on you squeezing your daughter. UNBELIEVABLE! :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom