Amazingly dumb and sometimes funny things other guests say...

GrandFloridian1

Sorry about my previous post. Here's what I intended saying. :eek:

Back in May I went into the Stitch attraction for the first time since AE. A woman sat her child in her lap so when the shoulder restraints came down she started to yell saying my child is stuck (or something to that effect). How dumb can you be to sit your child in your lap and have the restraints come down on you squeezing your daughter. UNBELIEVABLE! :brick:

gboiler1

ntn_haqqer said:
"Do airplanes need fuel?" The look that came over his face was something priceless as if to say, "You're kidding, right?" I guess it was a "you had to be there" incident, but it was funny.

That's hilarious. We all say dumb things based on our expertise of the subject, but they're still funny. What gets me are the people who get ticked off about it, like the couple at the Japan pavilion.

Anyway this isn't a Disney one, but it ties in with the earlier airline quotes, but I knew a girl who thought they loaded luggage onto a seperate plane that transported them to the airport you were going to. :p Amazing!

Laura

Premium Member
WDWKat26 said:
lol, I have a couple. A while back I was at an Annual Passholder thing for the MGM Studios, and they kept the park open late for AP holders. I was on ToT and we were standing on the numbers waiting to get in the elevator, and this one woman was like "Is this where we drop?"

That's ok. The first time I rode TOT I was terrified because I thought the floor in the library was going to drop from under me. :lol:

steviej

At Chef Mickey's once, a man who was with his family looked at Mickey Mouse and asked "who's that?" He was dead serious too. Every table around him just dropped their forks/knives/etc and just gave him a :eek: look.

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
kap91 said:
What time is the 3:00 Parade?

A few years ago, my family and I went on the Royal Carribbean's "Sovereign Of The Seas" cruise ship to the Bahamas (5 day cruise) and the last night at sea on the way back to Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale, FL), all the passengers gathered in the main auditorium on the boat for the cruise director's "Top 10 list" and other things, but the Top 10 list was good. The Top 10 list (based on what I can remember now) was "Top 10 clueless questions guests asked me while on this trip."

The two good ones I remember are:

• What time is the midnight buffet?
  • Do these stairs go up?

Classic! :)

Rinxman

I was in line for a wristband for EMH and a couple in front of us couldn't get in. The CM kept restating that you had to be staying at a Dsiney Resort and clearly they weren't. They were saying something like:

"We're staying at the Marriot and we are here now. Isn't this a resort and wristbands to get into the parks?"

I almost cursed.

dmbouton75

Not at Disney story but...

My niece, who had just gotten her driver’s license, and my sister went for frozen custard at about 9pm one night. My niece pulled into a handicap parking spot. My sister told her she could not park there. My niece replies “Blind people don’t drive at night, so it’s okay to park here”! My sister was so taken aback, she just replied “There’s so many things wrong with that statement; I don’t even know where to begin”! We now joke that my niece dies her hair blond to warn people. Oh, and she's an honor student!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Yesterday afternoon Terk (from Tarzan) was doing a meet and greet with a few other characters next to the Imagination pavilion. While I was looking over at what was going on a family walked by me and I heard the father say "hey, isn't that the penguin from Madagascar?" :brick: :hammer: :lol:

DisneyWales

Disneyland

This is Kinda funny and shows the Attitude for some people, but we were waiting to universe of Energy (this was in May before the start of the HCOE), and started talking about the new 50th Attractions, and some woman said that they are here (Orlando) for two weeks and are only going to Epcot, when i asked why, she coyly said that the Magic Kingdom in California, (where she was resident), has everything that Florida has and that they are better.

So me being the little swine that I am added "Well your missing out on one of the best attractions in WDW, Phillharmagic" another couple quickly agreed, however the woman simply turned to me and said "Oh yeah we have that, and we had it first, ours is much better". :eek:

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
Expo_Seeker40 said:
"We'll take the TTA to the contemporary instead..." :cry: I luv speedramp conversations.

The TTA to the Contemporary? Were they talking about the monorail!??! Some of the conversations you just hear in the parks amongst other guests are classic! I'm sure as a CM, when guests approach you to ask questions, they try to sound like they know what they're talking about.

I know in my line of work (tech support/programming), I get your regular "Joe Users" try and sound as technicially possible to me when something goes wrong with their computer.

My favorite one is this from a person that works in another department. He calls our help desk and and asks, "How much is the T1 line that connects to the back of your computer?"

I answered his question sarcastically and said, "About $2000. But, if you're talking about the network cable that goes to the back of the computer - approx $10 - depending on length."

Tom

Beta Return
These are all pretty funny. However, I have to stop and think about each one before I decide, for myself, whether to pass judgement on the person being quoted or not.

Confusing some of those animated movies with Disney films really isn't that bad. Sure, it is to us die-hard fans, but many studios are trying to mimic Disney's animation style, so it's hard to tell the difference. I have, in fact, mistaken Disney films for others, and vice versa.

Then others, like the TTA vs. Monorail confusion - I just think about the people I've taken on my trips who had never been there before. They hear me using acronyms and abbreviations, and get confused because they're on Disney overload. So, I read these stories and think, "Many of these people probably are just going through what I would go through if I went to somewhere like Universal for the first time ever, after being brainwashed with WDW - I'd use WDW terms when I should be using Universal terms, etc, etc".

Then there are the pure idiots who argue with a Japanese girl about which World Showcase country they're in. That's just pure ignorance....and I laugh!

Derrick

I remember hearing a conversation about what Walt Disney World would have been called if Walt hadn't been around..... :hammer:

LaughingGravy

dmbouton75 said:
My niece pulled into a handicap parking spot. My sister told her she could not park there. My niece replies “Blind people don’t drive at night, so it’s okay to park here”!
LMAOROTF:lol:
Thank You.

dandaman

Derrick said:
I remember hearing a conversation about what Walt Disney World would have been called if Walt hadn't been around..... :hammer:

All right... that one cracked me up. :lol:

Derrick

dandaman said:
All right... that one cracked me up. :lol:

Believe me, I was inline to see Shrek at Universal at the time, and a couple of adults were talking about the possiblities of what it would be called.... I don't think it dawned on them that WDW wouldn't exist. :lol:

SheenaXena

I live about an hour away from Pigeon Forge, TN. And of course that's where Dollywood is. I love it when people are all excited and call it "DollyWorld." It's classic. I'm sitting there thinking, Dollywood is nothing compared to Disney World!

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
edwardtc said:
Then there are the pure idiots who argue with a Japanese girl about which World Showcase country they're in. That's just pure ignorance....and I laugh!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dwarful

During our last stay at Pop Century, we had the kids at the pool by the jukebox, while I was doing laundry. Well, I sat in a chair watching hubby and the kids and this guy gets in the pool and his wife sits on the edge of the pool talking to him. All of a sudden the guy says "Oh WOW, B 8 is my favorite song, honey would you go push the buttons so I can hear it?" and she says "Sure" and she gets up and goes to push B and then walks down to push the 8 and nothing happens. And the guy says "You must have to do it faster" so she runs back to the B and then down to the 8 and still nothing happens and he is trying so hard to keep a straight face and my husband had to turn around so he wouldn't seem rude laughing at this poor woman running back and forth trying to get the jukebox to play a song! All of a sudden it hits the woman that her husband was playing a joke on her, but it took her like 3 tries. that was the funniest thing I had seen that trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom