Amazingly dumb and sometimes funny things other guests say...

gwhb75

Here's an excerpt from my trip report from last year (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...e-a-surprise-for-you-sept-trip-report.805813/):

I took the kids on Space. It was here I overheard a Disney “expert” talking to his girlfriend in line. The conversation went something like this): “this ride is a classic (so far so good). It is better than most of the other coasters because of its nostalgia factor (OK, won’t disagree). This one was built before Walt died (Uh oh...here we go)”. Fortunately, the misinformation was cut short by a CM who told the "expert" that Walt died before the park opened. Too funny.

jdnetone

My wife and I were waiting at the air port in Memphis to board the plane to Orlando on our last trip. The attendant announces our section of the plane to board so everyone was loosely forming a line at the gate. A woman was in line just ahead of us with her kid’s one teenager and another about ten. She was looking in her purse and was holding up the line so I stepped around her to board and she got mad and tried to make a big deal about it. I told her it looked like she was trying to find something and meant no harm but are we not getting on the same plane and going to the same location? The more I thought about it the funnier it got.

coachwnh

In the Parks
No
funniest thing i ever heard came from two ladies walking the worlds in epcot in front of us. they were looking for American Adventure. One asked the other "Where is American Adventure?" The other replied, "I think its in Japan." My 8 year old son even lost it!!!

WDW97

One time I was eating outside at Cosmic Rays and it was lightning off in the distance behind the castle. And this lady seating across the table from me, asked "Is that a big screen projecting all that behind the castle, and do they do the same for Wishes?"

Mr. CPA

I was riding Mission: Space with my DW. Our shipmates (I guess is what we can call them) were a early-40's ish guy and his 9 or 10 year old son. Just after we launched, I started pressing all the buttons, flipping all the switches, playing with the joystick, and just having myself a good ole time. Hey... I'm a kid at heart.

This poor kid on the ride with us FREAKED... he thought I was going to crash our ship. He was all crying to his dad... I probably scarred the poor child for life. Of course, I stopped as soon as I realized he was genuinely concerned.

Communicore

I've already posted about this before, where a mom was asked by her kid who the purple dragon (Figment) was and she said it was from Dr. Seuss. Then two days ago, I overheard a kid ask his dad what kind of ride the Peoplemover is and he replied it's a monorail, and finally on the monorail some grandma was emulating a "choo choo" sound as their on the "train" and her grandson was like, "This is not a choo choo train!"

Florida_is_hot

You know most people are not Disney geeks and I see no reason to put them down or correct them.

My Father always called the Magic Kingdom, Disneyland a very common thing for Non-Disney geeks to say.

I could correct him tell him Disneyland is the original park in California, but his life unfolded fine without knowing this fact.

Blackburn23

I don't usually post much, but this one seemed appropriate!

My wife and I were walking out of Adventureland through the tunnel by Pirates of the Caribbean towards Splash Mountain when a woman stopped us and asked us how to get to Adventureland. We both looked at each other and looked right above us. There is a sign that says "To Adventureland" literally above us. So i very politely pointed to the sign and said, "Go right through there." The lady looked as us was a perfectly straight face and said, "Oh, i just figured that was an old sign....."

Wow

ZaneB

I was behind a group of early 20's women on potc once and they were talking about a secret club they saw on the news (Club 33). They were referring to it as Club Mickey and saying it was found in the castle. I had to hold myself back from telling them they were completely wrong!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was behind a group of early 20's women on potc once and they were talking about a secret club they saw on the news (Club 33). They were referring to it as Club Mickey and saying it was found in the castle. I had to hold myself back from telling them they were completely wrong!
Please tell me they were also saying it was at WDW.:D

fosse76

I was walking from Autopia at Disneyland the other day and a woman and her companionwere walking toward me. She was telling the guy in her group that the Finding Nemo Submarine Voayage was closed and when he asked her why, she deadpanned: "I guess they found Nemo."

Powerline

Upon boarding Pirates of the Caribbean the ride started as smoothly as ever. That is, until things got dark right before the drop. Just then a small group of foreigners hustled to find the ride's seatbelts. :D

JiminyandTink

I was at the Poly for a breakfast reservation when I heard a woman complaining to her family that she couldn't believe that she was going to have to stay there for 10 days and didn't understand how anyone could tolerate wdw for that long :eek:

CaptainShortty

OMG, I have a bajillion. Either that happened to me or to friends.

1. A friend was asked how they could stay in the Hollywood Tower Hotel (while standing on Sunset Blvd)
2. *Standing under the hat* my friend was asked, "Where's the giant blue hat I saw on TV."
3. Why is it raining? Is a very common one. I've gotten that many times.
4. While working at Animal Kingdom Lodge: "Mam, I think that you have a lonely giraffe on the Uzima Savannah. He doesn't seem to have any friends. Could you fix that for me?"
5. "How do I get to Disney World?" - aka...How do I get to the MK. Unless of course you're someone who works in MK, like my friend who found a guest that was trying to articulate that he wanted to get back to the MK parking lot.
6. "Where's the Obama restaurant?" *after correcting the guest politely in "Boma is right down the stairs"* he said, "oh no, I mean Obama, the restaurant named after the president."

Those are the ones I can remember now. I've got plenty more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom