Am I the only who ignores Universal?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I just don't get the Six Flags comparison. I know that you're going to bring up the three large roller coasters found between the two parks, and possibly Dr. Doom's Fear Fall and the loud music in Marvel Super Hero Island, but how were the parks this similar to Six Flags; off the shelf amusement parks with no sense of theme and blatant advertisements for things such as cell phone companies, and rap music blasted throughout the amusement park.
I said it was a step above not the same as Six Flags. Again our opinion. I should't have to explain in detail what is an opinion not a fact. :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Each to their own.

The industry awards for the attractions speak for theirselves.

Uni 1990 - A disaster.
Uni 1993 - a bit better.
USF 2007 - felt sorry for it
USF 2013 - stunning
USF 2016 - here we go...

Goofyernmost

Hello!
Wouldn't it work out the same money roughly if you just dropped a couple of Disney days and went to Uni instead?
I'm not up on ticket prices so it's a genuine question.
Not really. Disney tickets are cheaper the more days you buy. It works out that the couple of days at the end of a lengthy stay the cost for those days is very small, comparatively. The tickets at Uni would be almost full price for a couple of days. Not like buying an aircraft carrier, but, if you're working with a tight budget, it can be a deal killer.

Each to their own.

Uni 1990 - A disaster.
Uni 1993 - a bit better.
USF 2013 - stunning
USF 2016 - here we go...
Each to their own.

Uni 1990 - A disaster.
Uni 1993 - a bit better.
USF 2013 - stunning
USF 2016 - here we go...
You must really mean this to say it twice. :joyfull:

GLaDOS

Each to their own.

Uni 1990 - A disaster.
Uni 1993 - a bit better.
USF 2013 - stunning
USF 2016 - here we go...

Uni 93 was great, in my opinion. 2001-2008 were awful, and the product of an ownership group that wanted nothing to do with the parks.

This year is the first year both parks are up to snuff. They're easily better than DAK and DHS, and IMO better than EPCOT. And after the next 5 or so years? We all know MK will be the highest attended park in the area, but it's certainly not going to be the best, for my money.

BryceM

I've always thought IOA to be way better than DHS, DAK and even Epcot. Then tied with MK for my favorite park. I think I actually preferred pre-Potter IOA better than the current IOA, no matter how much I love WWoHP and what it's done for Universal Orlando.

Though recently, I've preffered IOA over MK, due to some bad experiences I've had on my last two MK visits, and USF is just now simply a better park than DHS and DAK, and more worth your money.

Disneyhead'71

DHS vs. USF, USF for the win!
IOA vs MK, that is a toughy. Considering how stale MK is I will choose IOA any day.
If I am looking for a World Showcase vibe I head over to Portofino Bay and have a Cheese Board and a Bottle of wine at The Thirsty Fish.
Honestly, I have been to WDW so many times and they have added so little that all I really want to do down there is ToT, RnR, Star Tours, HM, BTMRR, and Space Mtn. UOR just has a LOT more attractions I actually want to do.

MissingDisney

Hello!
Wouldn't it work out the same money roughly if you just dropped a couple of Disney days and went to Uni instead?
I'm not up on ticket prices so it's a genuine question.

Not even close. The more days you add to a disney ticket, the 'cheaper' they get per diem. It's a difference of a few bucks to extend versus hundreds for 3 day Uni tickets.

sxeensweet

You all sound like a bunch of school bullies! @sxeensweet was giving an opinion. I feel like I was cornered listening to my step father who seems to think his opinion is the ONLY opinion.
Thank you! :happy: I never demand anyone to explain when they give an "opinion". I just state mine and that's it if it's different. That's what these boards are for. People tend to lose sight of that a lot these days on here. Makes someone not want to post anything. :cautious::banghead:

draybook

To us I said there was nothing Special not for anyone. Everyone has different opinions and like said in another response we WERE NOT expecting Disney b/c we are no strangers to other amusement or theme parks. I personally have been to a lot of them over the years. We think for US it was just a step above Six Flags. Harry Potter was cool but that was about it that we liked out of everything at both parks. Nothing to make us go out of our way to return. I'm not alone in this I have met many people that feel the same way and didn't have false expectations either. :) Oh and I know we complained about parking we are healthy fairly fit people and it's kind of ridiculous it still takes you over 10-15 min to get from the parking tower with paying for PREMIUM parking to the entrance to the actual park not just Citywalk. We don't mind walking but thought that was ridiculous especially being the parks were dead.

Uhmmmmm, have you ever timed the ferry from the TTC to the MK gates? Same as the monorail wait + ride......

Not knocking your opinion though, just tossing that out there.

sxeensweet

Uhmmmmm, have you ever timed the ferry from the TTC to the MK gates? Same as the monorail wait + ride......

Not knocking your opinion though, just tossing that out there.
Totally agree but We go at slow times and we don't usually ride the ferry just the monorails mainly and usually we don't wait long. Universal you have to walk that whole 15 min though that's why I mentioned that. All the other parks at Disney besides MK are quick though to get in the park as we usually drive. The walk is a pleasant fairly short walk if you do not want to wait on a tram. Don't worry I didn't think you were knocking my opinion either. You have a right to yours as well. :)

draybook

I couldn't even find a bathroom easily. One time I looked on the map and I literally had to walk almost 10 min to get to one.

In ten minutes a physically capable person should be able to walk from HP to the front gates.

I know there's at least one restroom by Jurassic Park, one by Three Broomsticks, one near the Sinbad place, two in Seussland, one near the Port of Entry, and I believe there's one in the Marvel area and one near the Toon area. There's no reason it should take 10 minutes to reach a bathroom at Universal, much less any theme park.

Also, you don't have to walk the full way to the USO or IoA gates. About 1/4 or 1/3 of it is on a moving sidewalk.

Dog Ate Mouse

Rest rooms in Uni and IOA have never been an issue to find or get to. Rest rooms throughout the two parks are plentiful and easy to get to. Also Uni employee's are always willing to help and assist when asked. I honestly feel that we know WDW way to much and when you finally go somewhere else you feel like a fish out of water. Again, I love WDW, but Uni is more than a step above a Six flags. Uni has a coaster or two and a few dare devil rides, but they have so much more than that. Spiderman is simply an amazing fun adventurous attraction, Jurassic park is fun with a nice climatic ending. Then I think of E.T. The Mummy, and so on and can't feel why anyone would say a cut above a Six Flags. This park has already transformed in =to a Major attraction and is planning to expand and develop over the next five years. Uni employs a lot of ex imagineers' that truly loves to create and develop extremely creative and well thought out and highly detailed attractions. Again Uni does deserve to be given a lot of credit for what they have and are doing.

Glasgow

We just got back from a trip to UNI, our first trip there as a family. It's not a replacement to Disney, simply a supplement. It's an alternative to the crazy crowds and adds a twist to your Orlando vacation. I have to be honest, we really enjoyed ourselves, particularly the almost non-existent lines and were impressed with the quality of the hotel and resort as a whole, but sure, it didn't deliver the entire experience of a WDW trip. It doesn't always have to be us vs. them you know .. It CAN be us AND them.

sxeensweet

In ten minutes a physically capable person should be able to walk from HP to the front gates.

I know there's at least one restroom by Jurassic Park, one by Three Broomsticks, one near the Sinbad place, two in Seussland, one near the Port of Entry, and I believe there's one in the Marvel area and one near the Toon area. There's no reason it should take 10 minutes to reach a bathroom at Universal, much less any theme park.

Also, you don't have to walk the full way to the USO or IoA gates. About 1/4 or 1/3 of it is on a moving sidewalk.

I am not exaggerating we whichever section I was in took that long and I was really looking and so was my DH. Not saying one did not exist where we were but they obviously weren't noticeable. Lol And yes we did try the people movers but it was faster to just walk. Lol :)

Disneyhead'71

I am not exaggerating we whichever section I was in took that long and I was really looking and so was my DH. Not saying one did not exist where we were but they obviously weren't noticeable. Lol And yes we did try the people movers but it was faster to just walk. Lol :)
Didn't you have a park map?

sxeensweet

Rest rooms in Uni and IOA have never been an issue to find or get to. Rest rooms throughout the two parks are plentiful and easy to get to. Also Uni employee's are always willing to help and assist when asked. I honestly feel that we know WDW way to much and when you finally go somewhere else you feel like a fish out of water. Again, I love WDW, but Uni is more than a step above a Six flags. Uni has a coaster or two and a few dare devil rides, but they have so much more than that. Spiderman is simply an amazing fun adventurous attraction, Jurassic park is fun with a nice climatic ending. Then I think of E.T. The Mummy, and so on and can't feel why anyone would say a cut above a Six Flags. This park has already transformed in =to a Major attraction and is planning to expand and develop over the next five years. Uni employs a lot of ex imagineers' that truly loves to create and develop extremely creative and well thought out and highly detailed attractions. Again Uni does deserve to be given a lot of credit for what they have and are doing.
I would have asked an employee if I saw one. That's how dead it was. Yes I could have maybe went In a store to ask but I thought oh there is one around the corner .. Then nothing. lol. We had just finished watching their Christmas parade and where we walked off to there was no one in sight it was actually kind of weird. We a actually were surprised it was that hard to
Find one and that we did not run into someone along the way to ask. o_O

draybook

If you walk on the moving sidewalks it goes faster. And it still proves my point that the walking is limited a little by them having the moving sidewalks. You won't find those on WDW property, at least not as I'm aware at the current time.

And again, I just mentioned all of the bathrooms that I'm aware of, all are within 2-3 minutes of each other.

I can dig it if Universal isn't your thing, but it seems like a slight misconception that bathrooms are hard to find.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom