Am I the only who ignores Universal?

Californian Elitist

Thanks, guys! I'm not into table service at all, really, which is why I asked about counter service. I'm thinking I'll probably eat at one table service spot, but that's it.

It's okay, I have plenty of time to think about all this.

mharrington

Original Poster
Only someone who hasn't been to IoA or US would say Universal it's only HP and coasters!

Then why does it seem like that's all that's being advertised lately and that Harry Potter is the sole reason people are going to Universal?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Then why does it seem like that's all that's being advertised lately and that Harry Potter is the sole reason people are going to Universal?

Uni has clearly been using Potter very heavily in it's advertising, it's a very popular franchise it makes sense. I have also seen advertising recently featuring transformers. This still doesn't change that fact the Uni is much more then Potter and coasters.

Zweiland

Here's how I think of it. There are 2 steps to theme park marketing: Get people in, and keep them coming back. WWoHP addresses the former, and everything else in the park is for the latter. That is why we see so much Potter advertising-- it's the main "draw" they have for first time visitors.

Bairstow

Here's how I think of it. There are 2 steps to theme park marketing: Get people in, and keep them coming back. WWoHP addresses the former, and everything else in the park is for the latter. That is why we see so much Potter advertising-- it's the main "draw" they have for first time visitors.

Disney's strategy is the exact opposite- their American ad campaigns (outside of California) in the last 5 years have focused almost exclusively on imagery of theme park experiences that will be familiar to old guests (Teacups, dumbo, castle, etc.) but not necessarily impressive to consumers unfamiliar with the product in their childhood or adult lives. Part of this, of course, is done so that they can simply advertise "Disney Parks" as a collective rather than focus on one coast, but it also shows a preference in retaining old guests rather than attracting new ones.

Scuttle

I've been on this forum for a long time now, and it seems as though everyone here seems to think that Universal is stealing away people from WDW. Maybe it's true, but it seems like I'm the only one who would just continue to go to only WDW and just ignore Universal. Every time my family and I plan a trip to Florida, we always fold WDW into the proceedings, but never Universal. Considering all the talk on here about WDW vs. Universal, am I the only one here who doesn't even think about Universal when we do a trip to Florida?
I'll tell you what, if you come into town soon PM me and I'll give you tickets to go for the day.

Only catch is I'll expect an unbiased trip report.

And yes I'm serious. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom