Am I the only who ignores Universal?

kasey1988

We did both uni and ioa on our recent trip, both were a first. We enjoyed uni more then ioa.. No complaints, as we enjoyed the rides and no complains about the employees and my hubby loves rides, but we both agreed we are in no hurry to go back to either union ioa, disney is more for us and we already have our next years trip booked :)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I totally agree too!! Me and DH tried it this last trip and for is its like Disney's cheap knock off! We went to mainly see HArry Potter. The park was like a ghost town almost empty and yet the same day at Magic Kingdom was packed. Parking is ridiculous and so far away even WITH the premier parking pass we paid extra for to park closer. Shops had really nothing I wanted and most stuff was cheap looking. Also me and DH went to try and ride this flying dinosaur ride thing that had NO line and we were told we could not ride it b/c we did not have a child with us!! Even though the ride could fit adults b/c they let them ride with their kids. It was like riding Peter Pan flying kind if ride but out in the open. NEVER have we been told at WDW that we could not ride say Dumbo even when they have long waits!!! Disney let's adults ride anything you want with or without children! Harry Potter literally we had no line for the ride and walked all the way through and was on it in less than 10 minutes that's how dead it was. We bought 3 day passes and we only went the 1 day and did not want to waste our time there another day and take away from Disney after that miserable experience. We may eventually go back to shop or eat again at Citywalk and to eventually go see the new addition of the second Harry Potter attraction BUT have no desire to ever really go back for anything else!! There was nothing special about either of the 2 parks. :mad:o_O:cautious:

scoobygirl39541

I totally agree too!! Me and DH tried it this last trip and for is its like Disney's cheap knock off! We went to mainly see HArry Potter. The park was like a ghost town almost empty and yet the same day at Magic Kingdom was packed. Parking is ridiculous and so far away even WITH the premier parking pass we paid extra for to park closer. Shops had really nothing I wanted and most stuff was cheap looking. Also me and DH went to try and ride this flying dinosaur ride thing that had NO line and we were told we could not ride it b/c we did not have a child with us!! Even though the ride could fit adults b/c they let them ride with their kids. It was like riding Peter Pan flying kind if ride but out in the open. NEVER have we been told at WDW that we could not ride say Dumbo even when they have long waits!!! Disney let's adults ride anything you want with or without children! Harry Potter literally we had no line for the ride and walked all the way through and was on it in less than 10 minutes that's how dead it was. We bought 3 day passes and we only went the 1 day and did not want to waste our time there another day and take away from Disney after that miserable experience. We may eventually go back to shop or eat again at Citywalk and to eventually go see the new addition of the second Harry Potter attraction BUT have no desire to ever really go back for anything else!! There was nothing special about either of the 2 parks. :mad:o_O:cautious:

I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience at IoA :( But what didn't you like about the Studios side? I'm curious since you didn't mention anything about it in your post, but yet stated the bold part above.

GLaDOS

Sure sounds like you went in with an open mind. :rolleyes:

Disneyhead'71

My guess is that you didn't like it BECAUSE it wasn't Disney. To say there is nothing special at either park when 5 of the planets premier attractions (The Amazing Adventures of Spider-man, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Hulk, Revenge of the Mummy, and Transformers: The Ride 3D) are contained in those 2 parks speaks volumes.

PrincessNelly_NJ

So you went to Uni/IOA expecting Disney? That was why you were disappointed. They are not the same, and don't claim to be. And isn't less than 10 minutes waits a good thing? :confused:
I think many people like the idea of a ride for adults with kids only (I bet the dino flyer is adults with kids only because of weight issues) that why the more thrilling rides don't have to be soften to be family rides.

BryceM

Never have I heard someone complain about how dead the parks were. Sounds fun! And the reason that Pternanodon Flyers requires a child is due to it's extremely low capacity. I don't even know why you would want to wait for it anyways, except for maybe the views. It sounds like you're never going again because the parks were dead (oh no?), the walk to the entrance was too far and Pternanodon Flyers was lame, because, it is. How was The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man? Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey? How was the the theming in IOA's lands, such as Port of Entry, The Lost Continent, Seuss Landing, Jurassic Park, etc.? Did you even step foot into Universal Studios?

ToyStorygirl

:eek:The thought of doing Uni and WDW in the same vacation scares what pennies I have left right out of my wallet. We save and budget for our annual WDW trip and I honestly do not know how people do family tickets for 2 theme parks in the same vacation. I refuse to charge or go in debt for a vacation. To say "hey, stop by and do Uni for a few days!" adds like another grand to my budget. :greedy: God bless those who can take a 3 week vacation and/or spend the equivalent of a small auto on a trip. I envy you, I do. Till then we will have to settle for our 9-10 day WDW escapes. :p
Hello!
Wouldn't it work out the same money roughly if you just dropped a couple of Disney days and went to Uni instead?
I'm not up on ticket prices so it's a genuine question.

sxeensweet

Never have I heard someone complain about how dead the parks were. Sounds fun! And the reason that Pternanodon Flyers requires a child is due to it's extremely low capacity. I don't even know why you would want to wait for it anyways, except for maybe the views. It sounds like you're never going again because the parks were dead (oh no?), the walk to the entrance was too far and Pternanodon Flyers was lame, because, it is. How was The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man? Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey? How was the the theming in IOA's lands, such as Port of Entry, The Lost Continent, Seuss Landing, Jurassic Park, etc.? Did you even step foot into Universal Studios?
I know its a small capacity but so is Dumbo and we never got turned away there. Lol There was NO LINE!! That's what was odd. Wait was 5 min on the wait thing. :)

Darkzeid25

I would love to go to Universal, but transportation and the cost is really the main things keeping me back. I would rather use Disney bus service than rent a car. I also would much rather pay about $30 extra for another day in Disney than almost $300 for the one day in Universal.

sxeensweet

Yes we went to BOTH parks I mentioned that into post. I was not expecting Disney either! I have been to many amusement parks/theme parks in my lifetime and it was a step above Six Flags to us. That is just our opinion and we gave it a fair chance. Why else would I buy a 3 day ticket if I thought we would not like it! Geez people I am not the only person that feels this way. I couldn't even find a bathroom easily. One time I looked on the map and I literally had to walk almost 10 min to get to one. Even at Six Flags that's never been an issue so it's things like that and many others as to why we did not like it. Just our experience and opinion. :)

sxeensweet

It has less to do with capacity and more to do with weight distribution. The ride literally cannot work with two adults on it or one adult by themselves.
Well they could have told us that! Then we would have been fine with that. They offered no explanation and was rude about it. We would have understood instead if being one more thing that bugged us. We are easy going laid back people and always nice so an explanation would have sufficed instead of just telling us sorry you cannot ride this. We even asked why nicely and they just repeated it's just policy sorry.

sxeensweet

So you went to Uni/IOA expecting Disney? That was why you were disappointed. They are not the same, and don't claim to be. And isn't less than 10 minutes waits a good thing? :confused:
I think many people like the idea of a ride for adults with kids only (I bet the dino flyer is adults with kids only because of weight issues) that why the more thrilling rides don't have to be soften to be family rides.
Totally understand that but they did not bother to say why nor did the sign with the rules say anything about that. They were rude about it too and we are very polite and nice customers. No explanation was given at all just sorry it's policy when we asked why nicely. :)

GLaDOS

Well they could have told us that! Then we would have been fine with that. They offered no explanation and was rude about it. We would have understood instead if being one more thing that bugged us. We are easy going laid back people and always nice so an explanation would have sufficed instead of just telling us sorry you cannot ride this. We even asked why nicely and they just repeated it's just policy sorry.

That doesn't sound all that rude.

sxeensweet

My guess is that you didn't like it BECAUSE it wasn't Disney. To say there is nothing special at either park when 5 of the planets premier attractions (The Amazing Adventures of Spider-man, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Hulk, Revenge of the Mummy, and Transformers: The Ride 3D) are contained in those 2 parks speaks volumes.
To us I said there was nothing Special not for anyone. Everyone has different opinions and like said in another response we WERE NOT expecting Disney b/c we are no strangers to other amusement or theme parks. I personally have been to a lot of them over the years. We think for US it was just a step above Six Flags. Harry Potter was cool but that was about it that we liked out of everything at both parks. Nothing to make us go out of our way to return. I'm not alone in this I have met many people that feel the same way and didn't have false expectations either. :) Oh and I know we complained about parking we are healthy fairly fit people and it's kind of ridiculous it still takes you over 10-15 min to get from the parking tower with paying for PREMIUM parking to the entrance to the actual park not just Citywalk. We don't mind walking but thought that was ridiculous especially being the parks were dead.

sxeensweet

Sure sounds like you went in with an open mind. :rolleyes:
We actually did go with an open mind as to why we bought a 3 day pass! It's not like Disney is the only amusement or theme park we have been to. We have been to a lot of them in our lifetime so I know not everything is like Disney! Disney is far superior to anywhere we have ever been to in OUR opinion. So we were definitely not going to expect Disney! We just were expecting better than what our experience was not expecting a "Disney" experience at all. :)

sxeensweet

I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience at IoA :( But what didn't you like about the Studios side? I'm curious since you didn't mention anything about it in your post, but yet stated the bold part above.
Yes we did go to both I mentioned that. Same experience at both and we were so hoping we would like them! Esp after spending over $350 to go. :(

BryceM

Yes we did go to both I mentioned that. Same experience at both and we were so hoping we would like them! Esp after spending over $350 to go. :(
I just don't get the Six Flags comparison. I know that you're going to bring up the three large roller coasters found between the two parks, and possibly Dr. Doom's Fear Fall and the loud music in Marvel Super Hero Island, but how were the parks this similar to Six Flags; off the shelf amusement parks with no sense of theme and blatant advertisements for things such as cell phone companies, and rap music blasted throughout the amusement park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom