Am I the only who ignores Universal?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
If you walk on the moving sidewalks it goes faster. And it still proves my point that the walking is limited a little by them having the moving sidewalks. You won't find those on WDW property, at least not as I'm aware at the current time.

And again, I just mentioned all of the bathrooms that I'm aware of, all are within 2-3 minutes of each other.

I can dig it if Universal isn't your thing, but it seems like a slight misconception that bathrooms are hard to find.
I said for us they were hard to find not everyone. Again just our experience. And we actually with the people movers we had me on one and the DH walking and he was walking faster than I was moving. Lol that's when we just decided to finish walking. So in our case walking was faster but maybe we walk faster than a lot of people. :)

sxeensweet

Didn't you have a park map?
Yes I said that in my initial post that we were using a map. Again I don't mind answering questions but can people just get back answering the posters initial question. I'm really not that important. Just saying. Lol :) Oh and Our experience was just that our experience and hey some talk bad about Disney due to their personal experiences. also about the bathrooms even when we are NOT at Disney and are at other parks we never had a hard time finding one just the Uni parks. Like I mentioned not saying they did not exist just that it was hard for US to find them that particular day:).

Last edited:

draybook

I said for us they were hard to find not everyone. Again just our experience. And we actually with the people movers we had me on one and the DH walking and he was walking faster than I was moving. Lol that's when we just decided to finish walking. So in our case walking was faster but maybe we walk faster than a lot of people. :)

We walk on the moving sidewalks coming in but not on the way out. Time to give them doggies a break after a day of walking. I'm a fast walker too, so I know where you're coming from.

BryceM

Thank you! :happy: I never demand anyone to explain when they give an "opinion". I just state mine and that's it if it's different. That's what these boards are for. People tend to lose sight of that a lot these days on here. Makes someone not want to post anything. :cautious::banghead:
I just didn't understand the Six Flags comparison, and quite frankly, I never will. That's why I was trying to see your side of it, but you refused. I get that it's an opinion, and you explained everything else well, except the Six Flags comparison.

That's all. You don't have to say why it's slightly better than a Six Flags (people got rights, lol), but I just wanted to know why you thought this. :)

sxeensweet

I just didn't understand the Six Flags comparison, and quite frankly, I never will. That's why I was trying to see your side of it, but you refused. I get that it's an opinion, and you explained everything else well, except the Six Flags comparison.

That's all. You don't have to say why it's slightly better than a Six Flags (people got rights, lol), but I just wanted to know why you thought this. :)
Yes I know that but when 10 people were wanting explanations a person gets tired of answering in detail to everyone. That's all. I don't have all day to stay on these boards unfortunately or explain to everyone over and over. It was nothing personal and I know why you asked but sometimes on these boards it tiresome to keep explaining yourself. Lol I was not trying to be rude and I'm sorry if it came off that way. :)

Last edited:

Csmith041177

I am a HUGE Disney fan...love the parks and make a family trip every year. However, if you are ignoring Universal then you are missing out. WWOHP is absolutely amazing. Most well themed and immersive theme park area in the world. And here is the best part...enjoying Universal and IOA does not mean you somehow don't love Disney! You can do and enjoy both...which is what my family does.

Jimmy Thick

Yes I know that but when 10 people were wanting explanations a person gets tired of answering in detail to everyone. That's all. I don't have all day to stay on these boards unfortunately or explain to everyone over and over. It was nothing personal and I know why you asked but sometimes on these boards it tiresome to keep explaining yourself. Lol I was not trying to be rude and I'm sorry if it came off that way. :)

You are completely entitled to your opinion, you need not explain yourself to people posting on the internet. Trust me, you're among the majority who believes WDW is better than Universal, the numbers prove that MK trounces both Universal parks combined attendance wise, some people are just a little short sighted and drink too much Kool-Aid. Just keep an eye on Universal, while they have a Six Flags feeling to them, they do have some stellar attractions, in about 10-15 years, they might actually compete with WDW, but not yet.

Jimmy Thick- If they get enough land that is.

Californian Elitist

You are completely entitled to your opinion, you need not explain yourself to people posting on the internet. Trust me, you're among the majority who believes WDW is better than Universal, the numbers prove that MK trounces both Universal parks combined attendance wise, some people are just a little short sighted and drink too much Kool-Aid. Just keep an eye on Universal, while they have a Six Flags feeling to them, they do have some stellar attractions, in about 10-15 years, they might actually compete with WDW, but not yet.

It's clear you've never been to a Six Flags park or a Universal park. I bet it's both.

Disneyhead'71

I understand the Six Flags comparisons but I feel they are not accurate. Because of the large coasters and energetic vibe, there are some similarities. But every Six Flags park I have been to also has Tea Cups and spinners. But that doesn't make them like WDW. There is no Six Flags park with the number of state of the art attractions and extensive themeing that is found at UOR. It just a lot of folks can't get past the visible coaster track.

BryceM

I understand the Six Flags comparisons but I feel they are not accurate. Because of the large coasters and energetic vibe, there are some similarities. But every Six Flags park I have been to also has Tea Cups and spinners. But that doesn't make them like WDW. There is no Six Flags park with the number of state of the art attractions and extensive themeing that is found at UOR. It just a lot of folks can't get past the visible coaster track.
Like I always state when someone bring up the Six Flags; the day Six Flags builds a park with the theming found in lands such as Port of Entry, Seuss Landing and The Lost Continent, is the day I skydive naked from a Boeing 747 over Madagascar.

sxeensweet

Thanks :) and yes we will keep an eye out as we have not totally closed the door on Uni, but it will be a long while before we consider going back. We are people that like to sleep late etc and so we need as many days as we can each trip just for Disney! Lol Going to Uni just did not warrant taking days away from Disney as of how it is now. Maybe in 15 years like you said. Lol We are open minded and truly gave it a try but it fell short for us unfortunately. :)

sxeensweet

sxeensweet, I wish I had been there to tour you around the resort. I am sure I could have shown you guys a better time than you had.
Thank you and maybe so. It does not help that I'm not a thrill ride person (although I like stuff like the HP ride) even though I know a lot of the Uni parks is not just thrill rides and saw that. Just found it didn't have the excitement when we were there I guess that's the best way to put it. Not that this is important but there was also no good shopping for me as besides the rides I like to do some shopping while in the parks. Hey I'm a woman! Lol City Walk had some cool little places though. :)

lunchbox1175

Put me in the never been club, I just love WDW too much, and I frankly just don't want to have to leave the property. I guess for me its a matter of convenience, as we have only driven to WDW once, and will never do it again, so we always take the DME, and don't have a car, so really don't need to leave the property. DW loves Uni in Cali, but I just can't find any motivation to go.

Jimmy Thick

It's clear you've never been to a Six Flags park or a Universal park. I bet it's both.

Been to Great America countless times and Universal as well, in fact I was just there last month. Just because I see a similarity to Six Flags and Universal don't mean you have to as well. Its just my opinion but its a popular one among people who have actually been to both from the people I meet and my friends and family. Too bad Iam not the only person who has pointed this out or feels this way.

Look at the Halloween shows both offer. Universal Halloween Horror Nights and Six Flags Frightfest are practically the same thing concept wise but Universal's is far superior, buts its basically the same thing offered to the same kind of audience.

That's just one thing, there are an awful lot more I can think of but its really not that important because these rational, factual thoughts are apparently not supposed to happen because it hurts peoples feelings pointing out the obvious. Iam not inclined to do that.

Jimmy Thick- Reality is a hard master sometimes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom