Am I the only one who finds Stormalong Bay to be overated?

Innkeeper's Club

Am I the only one who finds Stormalong Bay to be overrated?

From what I have read I know that a lot of people seem to very much enjoy Stormalong Bay. However I was wondering if there is anyone else out there like me who found it to be overrated? Don't get me wrong it's got a nice theme and etc, however the whole area is very much spread out and it's always jammed packed, although since it shares with the Yacht Club/Beach Club/Beach Club Villas I can see why. Finally just because the pool has a sand bottom does not impress me.

Personally my favorite Pool in WDW is Luna Park at the Boardwalk Inn/Boardwalk Villas because I happen to enjoy the Clown theme and it's never as busy compared to Stormalong Bay.

fractal

I love Storm-along-bay. My only complaint last August was with the water being too warm.

Now I've never been to the Boardwalk pool -but that clown slide just freaks me out.

Different strokes...

Upvote 0

DrummerAlly

I'm with you... sort of.

I was really impressed by the pool and pool complex but didn't have much more fun swimming in it than I did the AKL pool or the All Star Music Pool. The sand bottom actually creeped me out a bit - it felt extra dirty.:lookaroun

Upvote 0

Annielkd

I kept hurting my feet where the "sandy bottom" was only cement. I also found it appaling that they would charge for anything to float on. I hate when Disney tries to nickle and dime someone. If they just allowed people to use the inner tubes it would make it much more plesant. The areas also dropped off suddenly so you would be pulled along with the current and if you weren't a stong swimmer it was scary (my son said that). So, yes... I thought Stormalong Bay TOTALLY over-rated.

Upvote 0

I-4Warrior

The clown at the Boardwalk really just kind of creeps me out. It's like Bozo and Pennywise had a Brobingnagian child and it keeps throwing up children.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
From what I have read I know that a lot of people seem to very much enjoy Stormalong Bay. However I was wondering if there is anyone else out there like me who found it to be overrated? Don't get me wrong it's got a nice theme and etc, however the whole area is very much spread out and it's always jammed packed, although since it shares with the Yacht Club/Beach Club/Beach Club Villas I can see why. Finally just because the pool has a sand bottom does not impress me.

Personally my favorite Pool in WDW is Luna Park at the Boardwalk Inn/Boardwalk Villas because I happen to enjoy the Clown theme and it's never as busy compared to Stormalong Bay.

I really liked it. Actually, really really liked it. We went at a time of year when it was not terribly busy so it was lovely to just float around.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

I found it pretty good but I only got to enjoy it for two days and it was in the off season so it wasn't that crowded. My kids really liked the sandy water so I'm kind of looking at it through their eyes. The lazy river was fun but we had to balance the kids in our tubes (and yes, you have to rent the tubes). We never did try the water slide!

However, my favorite pool is the one over at Kidani (AKL). Awesome water slide, it's never crowded, and the kids water play area is awsome... but shhhhhh, don't tell anyone, I don't want the secret to get out!

And I'm sorry but that clown at the BW freaks me right out! :eek:

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I think it's overrated too. I loved it as a kid, but when I went last year I was frustrated with it. It was so crowded & loud. But my real complaint is the accessibility. It drove me nuts that all the entrances & exits were blocked with giant potted plants, except for the one w/a CM standing by to check room keys. I understand the pool needs security, but it was overdone. It felt like we were walking so far anytime we needed to get around the pool area.

My favorite pool is also the Luna pool too. I don't really like clowns, but I like the quietness & nice size of this pool.

Upvote 0

C.FERNIE

I think SAB is awesome we only stayed at the yacht club once then got the DVC, so now we stay at The Boardwalk! The Boardwalk pool is nice to, but the clown is a bit creepy! :wave:

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Love SaB! I could spend a long weekend at the Yacht Club & never go to a park! When we were there last September it wasn't crowded even in the middle of the day. Very enjoyable.

The Luna Pool is scary as hell! My 16 year old cant even look at it. Seriously. Especially at night when the evil glow is upon it. Yikes! If the clown were gone we'd be all about the Boardwalk resort.

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

It drove me nuts that all the entrances & exits were blocked with giant potted plants, except for the one w/a CM standing by to check room keys. I understand the pool needs security, but it was a bit overdone.

Well if it was that crowded WITH security imagine without it. Then you'd see some real crowds and also a real reason to complain about how crowded it is. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

PineapplePrincess

Yes, Stormalong Bay is completely overrated! I think it should be avoided as much as possible, especially in July when I'm there!:lookaroun

In all seriousness though, I'm with Fractal. My only complaint is the water being too warm.

Upvote 0

NeedDisneyNow

Hi BWI Fan, I think SAB is great for young children. As a parent, that pool has kept my kids so very happy that it has made the BC our favorite resort. The sandy section does not impress me much, as an adult, but for the young kids it is.... Awesome. My kids sit and play, build castles, splash around in the pool....no other pool is comparable in this regard.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
For a hotel pool, it is very nice. It just doesn't compare to a water park which some people seem to think.

Clowns really creep me out. :eek:

I don't know why?

it-clown.jpg

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom