Am I the only one who finds Stormalong Bay to be overated?

Innkeeper's Club

Am I the only one who finds Stormalong Bay to be overrated?

From what I have read I know that a lot of people seem to very much enjoy Stormalong Bay. However I was wondering if there is anyone else out there like me who found it to be overrated? Don't get me wrong it's got a nice theme and etc, however the whole area is very much spread out and it's always jammed packed, although since it shares with the Yacht Club/Beach Club/Beach Club Villas I can see why. Finally just because the pool has a sand bottom does not impress me.

Personally my favorite Pool in WDW is Luna Park at the Boardwalk Inn/Boardwalk Villas because I happen to enjoy the Clown theme and it's never as busy compared to Stormalong Bay.

captainkidd

It's pretty clear you're a big fan of the BWI and it's also pretty clear that you aren't a big fan of SAB and the BC, given you're documented experiences there. That's OK, whatever floats your boat, I always say. Respectfully, you can't expect us BC fans to sit on the sidelines while you start a thread like this, so if we express our opinions of Luna Park or any other thing for that matter, please understand we are only doing what you are asking of the people on these boards to do...to state our opinion. Starting your thread with "Am I the Only One Who Thinks Stormalong Bay Is Overrated?" is sure to bring out the YC/BC fans everywhere (myself included), so be prepared to validate our opinions as we have to do yours.

Believe me......He can.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

durangojim

I like SAB a lot, especially the sandy areas where my kids can sit, play, and build sandcastles. I'd like it more if they had cabanas to rent like the Poly.

Upvote 0

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
It's pretty clear you're a big fan of the BWI and it's also pretty clear that you aren't a big fan of SAB and the BC, given you're documented experiences there. That's OK, whatever floats your boat, I always say. Respectfully, you can't expect us BC fans to sit on the sidelines while you start a thread like this, so if we express our opinions of Luna Park or any other thing for that matter, please understand we are only doing what you are asking of the people on these boards to do...to state our opinion. Starting your thread with "Am I the Only One Who Thinks Stormalong Bay Is Overrated?" is sure to bring out the YC/BC fans everywhere (myself included), so be prepared to validate our opinions as we have to do yours.

That being said, my family and I are staying at the BWV at the end of July, and we couldn't be more excited! However, if we get a chance to flip over to BCV, we'll do so in heartbeat, mainly because my in-laws prefer to be closer to IG since they're a bit older (it's also our home resort).
I have no problem with others giving their own opions about the Luna Park pool if they don't like it, because at least it means less people who want to stay at the Boardwalk and means better chance for me to get a reservation. I just think sometimes the people who don't like it take the whole Clown issue to seriously. If they hate Luna Park does that mean they won't take their kids or go themselves to McDonald's because of Ronlad McDonald? So where does it ever end.

Also even though the BC/BCV is technically closer to the International Gateway, it's not by a lot because in my opinon the Boardwalk is just as close.

Upvote 0

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
The CMs are not only there for security but to avoid pool hopping. If I am getting this right, SAB is the only disney resort pool where a strict "resort-guests-only"-policy is enforced and I definitely appreciate that.
The pool at Bay Lake Tower is just for guests staying there and not even DVC members are allowed to pool hopp over there.

Also this past August/September on weekends only the Luna Park pool at the Boardwalk was giving out wristbands because a lot of Orlando locals were going there to swim and taking up all chairs. However I am not sure if they still let DVC members pool hopp there during that time because I didn't think of asking it.

Upvote 0
Believe me......He can.:rolleyes:

:ROFLOL:

I have no problem with others giving their own opions about the Luna Park pool if they don't like it, because at least it means less people who want to stay at the Boardwalk and means better chance for me to get a reservation. I just think sometimes the people who don't like it take the whole Clown issue to seriously. If they hate Luna Park does that mean they won't take their kids or go themselves to McDonald's because of Ronlad McDonald? So where does it ever end.

Also even though the BC/BCV is technically closer to the International Gateway, it's not by a lot because in my opinon the Boardwalk is just as close.

Whether or not people like Luna Park is beside the point you were trying to make when you titled your thread "Am I the Only One Who Thinks Stormalong Bay Is Overrated?". With a title like that, I wasn't the least bit concerned about what you liked, I was more concerned about answering that question. So to finally answer that question, I say absolutely not. Stormalong Bay is not overrated in my opinion and I am sure there plenty of people who would agree with me, as there would be others who agree with you. Again, everybody knows you love BWI. Quit bashing the other places, and everyone will have a great time!

And how do you figure BWi is just as close as the BC???? You can walk through the Beach Club and be steps away from IG. At its closest point you still have to cross a bridge to get to IG from BWI!

Upvote 0

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
And how do you figure BWi is just as close as the BC???? You can walk through the Beach Club and be steps away from IG. At its closest point you still have to cross a bridge to get to IG from BWI!
Let's say when coming from the Boardwalk you want to take the Boat. Once it leaves the Boardwalk it goes right to the International Gateway. So if someone is lucky enough to get there and not wait that's one example. In my opinon that's an example some people seem to forget.

Now personally speaking it's taken me no more then 5 minutes walking from the Boardwalk to the International Gateway and that's at a normal walking pace.

Upvote 0
Let's say when coming from the Boardwalk you want to take the Boat. Once it leaves the Boardwalk it goes right to the International Gateway. So if someone is lucky enough to get there and not wait that's one example. In my opinon that's an example some people seem to forget.

Now personally speaking it's taken me no more then 5 minutes walking from the Boardwalk to the International Gateway and that's at a normal walking pace.

Now you're just being plain stubborn. Sheer geography tells you that the BC is the closest resort to the IG. Time it, pace it, measure it, do whatever you like, you're going to lose that argument.

Sorry BWI Fan, not everyone agrees with you so if you want to stay on the other side of the lake, have a great time there and quit bashing those who love YC/BC as well as SAB!

Upvote 0

Spike-in-Berlin

We were always faster than the boat too when we walked to International Gateway from the YC, that's quite standard for all Disney resorts at Crescent Lake.

Upvote 0

TINKER625

Just came back from BC on Monday night. The pool was not that crowded. Our kids 3,7,9 all used the slide and loved it. The pool is very large with many different sections so with that said its very hard to keep tabs on all our kids at the same time. The slide is the winner for my kids.
When you use the pool you must show id and they will give a wrist band. The wrist band color changes everyday You must wear this band to use the slide and get into the pool area.. I did notice thou if you went into the kidde slide pool section (on the lake) the life guards DID NOT ask for the ID. Two women actual said somthing to the life gaurd about two seperate family playing in that section with out the bands. They were told "this is considered a quiet pool". But it has a slide for small kids that makes no sense. Also the age of the life guards make a different the younger ones dont care, but the older stop and ask .
I did ask another life gaurd about what I heard, and he said "No it is NOT a
quiet pool and you must have a wrist band to get into the pool." They were also using the big slide. I also saw the same family taking a shower in bath room and the left going towards THE BW.(with all there pool stuff) If you could go to any pool you would have so many people at this pool.
In the afternoon they have kids game in the pool and music. My 9,7 year old loved it. Also in reference to the pool toys we never paid for any tubes they were already floating in the water and we used them. If you order a kids meal at Hurricane hanna's it comes in a bucket w/shovel. They played with buckets the whole time. The sand however, was hurting my feet its not soft sand. Also the sand was not covering the pipes anymore in that section. You could see they had to cover up all the pipes (section gets a lot of use)

Upvote 0

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
Now you're just being plain stubborn. Sheer geography tells you that the BC is the closest resort to the IG. Time it, pace it, measure it, do whatever you like, you're going to lose that argument.

Sorry BWI Fan, not everyone agrees with you so if you want to stay on the other side of the lake, have a great time there and quit bashing those who love YC/BC as well as SAB!
If you look at what I said I mentioned that yes the Beach Club is the closest resort to the International Gateway, so I never argued that fact. However it's my personal opinion only that I feel the Boardwalk is just as close and the walk is not as bad the way others claim.

I was never out right bashing Stormalong Bay and as I said before if others very much enjoy it then that's great. Although I will say the Luna Park gets bashed a lot more because of the Clown which I don't think is fair.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

If you look at what I said I mentioned that yes the Beach Club is the closest resort to the International Gateway, so I never argued that fact. However it's my personal opinion only that I feel the Boardwalk is just as close and the walk is not as bad the way others claim.

That makes no sense. If you agree that the Beach Club is closer, how can the Boardwalk be "just as close"?

Upvote 0

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
That makes no sense. If you agree that the Beach Club is closer, how can the Boardwalk be "just as close"?
Because when I have walked to Epcot from both resorts I felt the Boardwalk was just as close when compared to the Beach Club. So it's just my personal opinion and if you don't agree that's fine.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Because when I have walked to Epcot from both resorts I felt the Boardwalk was just as close when compared to the Beach Club. So it's just my personal opinion and if you don't agree that's fine.

It's not a question of agreeing or not. Your statement simply didn't make sense.

Sorry, I get that you love the Boardwalk, but this isn't an opinion based question. It's a fact - Beach Club (Villas especially) is closer to Epcot than Boardwalk. Google maps can accept it, why can't you?

Upvote 0

The Empress Lilly

I am just going to chime in that I, too, am freaked out by that huge clown. :eek:

Seriously, who came up with that? The clown looks like one of those puppets who slay children when you don't look.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom